Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mymombeatlindan

mymombeatlindan Regular Member

Can you please gimme link to both statements? I want to translate them because I don't understand chinese language.

2. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Zhu Lin : After I saw LCW's interview, I felt quite "heart pain", sports can be so cruel, there is only one winner, every athlete go through hardship to give their all, although you lost it is something to be proud of, congratulations! You showed us a very interesting contest!

Jiang Yanjiao : LCW is really a sportsman that we should respect, he really used all his strength today, we still have to give him applause!

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Men, this is worth to be posted here.
    He is the one that UNITES every malaysian of different races from young to old, Datuk Lee Chong Wei!! Hats off to you!

[video=youtube;A8t5Tm9euN8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8t5Tm9euN8[/video]

4. koowakchai

koowakchai Regular Member

Just wondering why he can't produced his 1st set or 3rd set form during 2nd set?? He played extremely well during 1st set. :confused::confused:

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Good question.

But LD fans will also ask the same question why some BC members did not congratulate LD for retaining his Olympic gold medal and creating Olympic badminton history in the process. Who deserves more accolades?

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Why LCW couldn't produced his 1st set or 3rd set form during 2nd set ???

IMHO, LCW wanted to win the match in 2 games. However, LD stepped up a gear in Game 2 and won it with ease.

Then in Game 3, it was LD who performed better and won it (very narrowly).

Don't be confused... Watch the match again. It was LD, who played better overall, and therefore won the match.

It was a great Game 3 to watch (I have to admit).

We should be glad that both of them showed us their very best at the FINAL, at this 2012 Olympic Games.

#8686 chris-ccc, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  7. gelee

gelee Regular Member

Its sad but the truth, even as a lcw fan myself I must admit it. I watched the game again(excruciating to watch again) and at 15-15 in the 3rd game, lin dan had 4 unforced errors which put chong wei to 19 points. However, from 15 to 21, lin dan pretty much won every single point either with a winner or a FORCED error.

Its just that Lin Dan has that extra edge, both mentally and ability to take the win home. Both are amazing amazing athletes and the gulf between them and the rest of the players in the world is large and enormous.

Badminton wouldnt be the same again when these 2 greats hangup their racquets. Watching Chen Long play is utterly boring and the guy just doesnt have the same grace in terms of movement and shots as the 2.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

[h=2]LAST HURRAH: London Olympics silver medallist does not rule out 2016 Rio De Janeiro Games appearance[/h] [​IMG] Fans waiting to greet Lee Chong Wei at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport on his return from the London Olympics yesterday. Pic by Goh Thean Howe
    1 / 1

DESPITE jesting recently he may need a walking stick to compete at the 2016 Rio De Janeiro Games, Lee Chong Wei has not ruled not the possibility of making one last Olympic appearance.
    The 30-year-old, who came agonisingly close to clinching the nation's first-ever Olympic gold medal in the final against Lin Dan of China in London on Sunday, said good health and the ability to perform at a high level, could see him in the Olympic mix again.
    "For the time being, I am not going to think too much about the 2016 Games as it is still a long time from now," said Chong Wei upon his arrival from London at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport yesterday.
    "My focus for the time being is the World Championships next year and the Asian and Commonwealth Games the following year. However, I may decide to compete in Brazil if I feel I am capable.
    "It will depend on my condition at the time especially in regard to injuries. My level of fitness and ability to recover from matches will also be an important factor I will have to look at."
    National singles coach Rashid Sidek said he had no doubts Chong Wei would be able to qualify for the next Olympics but contending for a medal at the Games would be a different story.
    "At the moment he is still physically in very good shape. However, in the future we do not know if he will sustain any injuries that will affect him," said Rashid.
    "He should be able to qualify (for 2016 Olympics) but contending for medals may be difficult and I do not know if he will be satisfied just being a contender as he has very high standards.
    Chong Wei, however, stressed the importance of developing younger players to take over his place and added that he will also be playing an active role in developing talent.
    "I have discussed the matter with my coaches and Badminton Association of Malaysia and they have said they will be doing their best to produce new talent," said Chong Wei.
    "There may be a training group formed to develop the younger players where I, as a senior player, will try and encourage and groom these junior players."

9. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Nation
    Wednesday August 8, 2012
    Game for gold in Rio
    SEPANG: Datuk Lee Chong Wei's quest for the Olympic gold is not over. He is game for another shot at it in four years at the Rio Games in 2016.

The London Olympic Games silver medallist was clearly surprised and buoyed by the tremendous welcome he got at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport from hordes of high-spirited fans armed with congratulatory banners and the Jalur Gemilang.
    Carrying posters and banners with messages such as National Hero and You make us proud to be Malaysians, the fans sang Negaraku and the patriotic Inilah Barisan Kita.
    [​IMG] Hero’s welcome: Chong Wei being greeted by hundreds of fans at KLIA after his arrival from the London Olympics. He had lost the men’s singles badminton gold medal match to Lin Dan from China in a thrilling encounter. — AZHAR MAHFOF / The Star
    In London, the 29-year-old Chong Wei lost 21-15, 10-21, 19-21 to Lin Dan of China but his stirring display stole the hearts of Malaysians across the nation.
    Chong Wei, however, said playing in 2016 would depend on his physical condition.
    The world No. 2 has several options as he can play in the singles, doubles or even the mixed doubles in Rio de Janeiro.
    But for now, he has another focus.
    “I am serious about wanting to win two titles the 2013 World Championships and the 2014 Asian Games. I can still push myself in training. If my condition is good, I may give the next Olympic Games a shot,” said Chong Wei, who will be 33 at the next Games.
    [​IMG] A hero’s welcome: S. Prevnaran and P. Prisheela holding placards while waiting for Chong Wei at KLIA’s arrival hall.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/8/8/nation/11816295.asp&sec=nation

10. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Nation
    Wednesday August 8, 2012
    Shuttler courts question marks over marriage date
    SEPANG: Lee Chong Wei's face was glowing when he stepped out at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport, partly due to the overwhelming support from the fans who turned up to welcome him home.
    The other reason was the presence of his long-time girlfriend Wong Mew Choo.
    The former Malaysian women's No. 1 returned home with him after spending the whole week rooting for him in London.
    When pressed about his relationship with Mew Choo and if they would be tying the knot any time soon, Lee replied: “Should be (with her). But no, not this year though.”
    “Let's talk about badminton first,” he add-ed.
    Lee had announced, prior to the Games, that he would get married soon, but he did not reveal the name of the love of his life although it was an open secret that he was dating Mew Choo.
    Their relationship, which goes way back to their junior days, has not all been smooth sailing. They broke up a few times before getting together again.
    If everything goes well, Chong Wei is expected to be glowing again next year when he walks down the aisle with Mew Choo.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2012/8/8/nation/11816530.asp&sec=nation

11. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Nation
    Wednesday August 8, 2012
    Will the next Chong Wei please step forward?
    THE STAR SAYS...
    IT may have only been a silver medal, but you would not have guessed it judging by the electrifying reception national shuttler Datuk Lee Chong Wei received upon arrival at KLIA.
    Hundreds converged at the arrival area, according him a welcome reserved for a true national hero.
    That he failed to deliver the country's first ever Olympic gold is of no consequence, not after he stole the nation's heart on Sunday with a fighting display before going down to Lin Dan 21-15, 10-21, 19-21, in what many describe as one of the most enthralling badminton finals in recent times.
    Just two months ago, Chong Wei's dream and that of the nation was nearly dashed after he sustained an ankle injury during the Thomas Cup Finals in Wuhan, China.
    Many doubted whether he could even make the trip to London. But they had not reckoned with Chong Wei's fighting spirit as the shuttler pushed himself to better the silver he won at the Beijing Games in 2008.
    As the dust settles over his heroics, one question lingers: How much longer will Malaysia depend on Chong Wei to bring glory? Where is the next echelon of world-beaters?
    While Malaysia is scraping the barrel for talents, China continues to show that it is on the right track.

While Lin Dan became the first singles player to defend the Olympic gold at the London Games, his probable successor Chen Long, 20, bagged a bronze medal to underline his potential as a future star.
    But where are our youngsters? Liew Daren, Chan Kwong Beng, Chong Wei Feng, Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Mohd Arif Abdul Latif, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin and Zulfadli Zulkifli are some of the top-ranked shuttlers in the back-up squad. But none can come close to Chen Long.

This problem, however, is not one faced by badminton only. It is prevalent in every sport.
    In squash, the top management is scrambling to find a replacement for six-time world champion Nicol David. In cycling, no youngster has emerged to give ace rider Azizulhasni Awang a run for his money. In archery, do not be surprised if Cheng Chu Sian makes a bid for a third Olympic appearance.
    Something is definitely wrong with our development programmes in tapping young talents at the grassroots level.
    Is there a dearth of sporting talent? Is there too much politicking in the associations? Are the national bodies being run professionally? Are the selection of athletes transparent? Have many top officials overstayed their welcome? Or is it simply because our athletes are not as hungry for success as their rivals?
    All the above probably apply.
    The Government has been pumping in millions to improve the standard of national athletes with not much to show for its efforts. If nothing is done to improve the sports scene in the country, then Malaysians had better cherish Chong Wei's efforts for it may be a long time before we can celebrate the glitter of gold.
    Thank God for Chong Wei, Nicol and Azizul!

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/8/8/nation/11814563&sec=nation

Chen Long is 23, not 20, the reporter made slight mistake

#8691 eaglehelang, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

4 years ago i predicted that both LD and LCW will be either retired or over the hill for the London 2012 and CJ will be the title contented, how wrong I was!

I'm going to have the same prediction with CL replacing CJ for the 2016 Rio.
    Oh well, only 4 years to wait.

13. eaglehelang

Personally, I prefer to watch LCW play doubles, like he did with Vivien Hoo during the local tournament. It's less punishing to his physical body with a partner to share the work/burden.

14. eaglehelang

Huh? You sure you predicted it to be Chen JIn, with all his injuries would be hard.
    2016, who knows, might even be Tian Hou Wei, with Victor Axelsen chasing close

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    its too kind for saying its a slight mistake
    if one press doesnt give proper information and make mistake in basic info like this
    u can tell their credibility
    yes,chen long will have the same fate with either chen jin or bao chun lai.
    he didnt have anything to be even a chen hong or xia xuan ze,not to mention lin dan

16. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

yes,chen long will have the same fate with either chen jin or bao chun lai.
    he didnt have anything to be even a chen hong or xia xuan ze,not to mention lin dan[/QUOTE]

Is this CL really that bad meh ?.....he is WR No. 3 just behine LD and LCW...and now no other player can beat him besides LD and LCW, u know......? :D

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

why LCW not trying partnering Wong Mei Choo for XD? it would be good i think? couple in and off court. :)

18. visor

visor Regular Member

Actually he should compete in xd tournaments after he's "retired" from ms! :D.

I'm pretty sure he and his partner (if she's good in front) can easily contend with the top 10 xd pairs and place in the top 3 in the world easily.

Need an easy chance at gold at OG 2016 datuk? ;)

#8698 visor, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  19. featherman

featherman Regular Member

LCW cud well play until in his 40s and still beat the crap out of the Malaysian national backups.

20. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    really?
    who tell u so?