RSL Series Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by RSLCANADA, Apr 15, 2006.

1. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    I can probably measure for you, but the only thing is all my balance points have been offset because i tape on bump grip (which is thicker in general) and then i put a super grap on top of it. Otherwise, if it is just stock x2 blue is (and i think) mid balance with a slight edge towards head heavy side. don't know about x3 series. feel free to correct me on x2 blue because i've had my grip on soo long it is now mid towards handle heavy.

2. kewlboi

kewlboi Regular Member

accounting manager
    at what tension did you have it strung? i had mine at 26 lbs. i had around 3 minor clashes but my racket is still ok. how did your racket break?

3. kukumalu99t

kukumalu99t New Member

i broke it after smashing... i think 25lbs

4. eptan

eptan Regular Member

Bought mine x3 Silver from Malaysia about 3 months ago. Luv this racquet. not sure about the balance point but I'd commend that the it's Head heavy and the shaft is progressive stiff. Smashing feel good and in my opinion a all-round racquet as I'm using it to play doubles... cheers!

5. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    Hi to all! Just need a quick advice and suggestion: Im choosing to buy between X3 diamond silver and Laser 9900? which is better based on your experienced of the rackets with regards to feel, responsiveness and durability. BTW, im an intermediate doubles player, playing style is all balance (smash, clears, drop...) notting in particular preference, it depends on the situation.

6. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    ehh... no response to this question. well... having not used either... i can't advise u. if i had used either, i still can't advise u. it all depends on what kind of racket you like. maybe u should say what kind of racket that you have used that u like and from there people that have used that racket and give you a suggestion in relation to either of those rackets.

if all else fails... go to store... swing a couple, see which one feels good. responsiveness = is attribute to rackets that are light headed and light in general. Heavy head and heavy racket makes less responsive because more weight to manuver and feel is all relative to player (biased opinion). durability... very hard to judge... if you don't clash rackets... some last forever.

7. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    Thanks for the reply drowsysmurf... anyway, ived decided to go with X3 diamond Silver... I'm using it for 2 weeks now, i may say, the racket isn't hard to adjust to. Power and control is excellent IMO. I used to play with RSL heat 7900 for years, my other racket is Yonex NS 6000, but ived hardly use it, because i'm more keen to a slight head heavy racket or balance. Now that i prefer to stay with the X3 silver, i'm giving my yy NS 6k to my wife, since head light are more suitable for ladies (IMO).

8. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    can share ur experince on heat 170 and heat 700.....

for i can decide between heat 180 and heat 700..need everyone advise

9. yurimaster2010

Consultant

10. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    Hi to all... RSL is one of my fav racket brand next to yonex. When I started playing (5-6yrs back) i am only using Yonex, but bec of the high cost of yonex brand, a friend told me to try RSL brands, and IME i was amazed with RSL rackets, since then i just use RSL heat 5900 and 7900. 1 month back, ived purchased RSL diamond X3 silver, the racket IMO is very good, on my style of play, both power and control + defense is awsome! have the same experienced with heat 5900 & 7900. BUT what bothers me most and till now I have a big question mark on my mind, that is: why this very good awsome top of the line racket for a particular brand has a VERY POOR PAINT JOB!!! I am 100% sure is not fake because i bought it from a authorized dealer, even before, my heat7900 not as PAR with other brands in terms of paint job, but still is ok. BUT the X3, IMO paint job really sucks, unlike old models of RSL which one of my friend still use (Ti 3200) has a good quality paint job, why the latest models top of the line rackets like the X3 - their paint job sucks! has anyone have the same issue?

11. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

The X series' paintjob sucks if you don't like the bling (except for X1) paintjob they have on in...I have the X2 Gold and I love it better than X3 Gold (borrowed; I think it feels less stiff than X2 Gold). The X3 series now has the serial numbers engraved unlike the past issues of RSLs so it might be safer than it used to be. I like the X2 Gold and Blue's union jack colors on the logo plus the 80th anniversary limited edition inscription on the shaft; great for collection purpose:D.

12. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    if rsl paint job is so suck then u must see RSL M10 heat 700.
    i am attract to this racket bcoz of its paint!! haha

13. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    Actually, it is not the chrome issue or the choice of color or anything, because that kind of stuff is superficial to me, what I meant by poor paint job is the finish itself, it is a bit messy, a lot of uneven paint borders... stuff like that. But anyway, RSL rackets are good in terms of performance, i guess that is what matters most. Maybe, next buy, I will try Apacs or SOTX or Zelm, Ived heard they are good in terms of quality.

14. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    Thanks for the info, yurimaster... I know not all RSL rackets have poor paint job, just as ived wrote in my post, my heat 5900 and 7900, their paint job is ok, and so as other models like (old) Ti3200. But on X3, the paint job is not done well... a lot of uneven paint borders...etc.

15. RSLvictorSOTX

Oops, miss that. Yeah, but not all people are put off by the chrome and over the top ''impress-me'' kinda thing...I do realized though that the paintjob wears off easily (as it is with my X2 Gold:(). But RSLs are really good and tough too comapred with Yonexes generally speaking, not to mention the price factor.

I remembered when I bought my SOTX Woven 16, I ask around so much because I heard so much myth about their inconsistencies. I even thought of getting a ''matched pair'' (which I was laugh at...:(), apparently, they have a wide tolerance for racket weights and doesn't stay within the confines of of a standard weighted racket, say a 3u or 4u. Fortunately, I weighed the racket and it was within range of spec. Further, it was the sturdiest racket I've ever held, I think, by feel, specially when I whack a shuttle and BOOM there it goes;)!

No experiences with Apacs nor held one.

16. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    your correct RSLvictorSOTX. IMO also, RSL are good and tough! that is proven on my own experienced. but just want to try something else. as per your experienced, would you recommend SOTX?

17. RSLvictorSOTX

Aside from the nagging issue of weight tolerance, I have not heard any other bad rap about SOTXes. However, I only own 1 WOVEN 16 (nothing else); it is absolutely wonderful and worth every dollar. But I do know that Woven 7, 8/8A & 9/9i has had great feedbacks and not lacking in following and I trust it is so. I mean the multitudes who's confess of their fondness and delight for the Woven 7s, 8s & 9s couldn't be that far off the mark, could they?

Happy hunting for your next racket, else stay with RSL in the meantime.

18. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    Thanks! Yes I will stay with my X3, just want to try something else... im planning to get SOTX CP5000 or Woven 9.

19. RSLvictorSOTX

...then go for the WOVEN 9 instead, if the hearsays are true;) and it must be:D!

20. DocfcRn

DocfcRn Regular Member

Physician
    ok I will... or maybe SOTX Woven 16, as per your description, it is worth trying... Thanks!