2013 SUDIRMAN CUP : (day 8, 26th May) FINAL! China vs. Korea

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2013' started by kwun, May 25, 2013.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Xu/Ma were fielded in SC 2011. It weren't Z/Z. I guess LYB thinks Xu is mentally tougher than Zhang and much more aggressive, which are very important for team events.

2. dohdoh

dohdoh Regular Member

XD to China. I think it's a good decision to field Xu/Ma instead of Z/Z because Xu Chen will be able to expose KHN's frailty in defense. And Ma will completely dominate the net as we know that KHN isn't exactly up among the top few front court players yet. Also, a fast footed net player like Ma will take full advantage of Ko's sometimes loose/slow blocks. Looks to me as if Korea's chance of winning XD has just halved.

MS
    to China. Self explanatory.

MD to Korea. Last few games these players have met it's been extremely close. But I think LYD's experience will get KOR through this one, coupled with the youngster's inexperience in team finals.

WS to China. As much as I would like a repeat of BYJ's 2010 upset against WYH I don't see SJH beating an in-form LXR. But anything's possible!

WD to China. Unless YY or WXL suffer a huge drop in form overnight I don't see the Korean's winning this.

Overall tie: 4-1 to China.
    KOR will definetely be missing HJE + LHI + KMJ to give them a realistic chance. Bring LHJ back from retirement! :D

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    starts 2pm. which is 11pm here. just perfect. put the kids into bed, catch up with some work, and then cruise in front of TV until whenever the Cup is raised.

4. burger

burger Regular Member

yes

cy/fhf not playing

5. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    The reason for Xu/Ma is because ZN/ZYL had lost to the Koreans before at the Asian Championships .... of course, during that time, ZN/ZYL didn't play well.

6. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Actually I'm not surprised about fielding Xu/Ma. Zhang nan zhao yunlei recently lost to Kim and Ko in Taipei at the Asia championships.

I think Xu Chen won't struggle against Koreans style of play, it's a more straightforward and power style.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am expecting a 3-1 win by China.

looking forward to XD, MD, WS.

MD will be a bit meh if things go normally.

8. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

No changes for KOR line-up, but CHN field different players with yesterday's semifinal.

Xu Chen/Ma Jin who lost to Towi/Liliyana in last eight is expected to win opening match considering Zhang/Zhao lost to Ko/Kim in BAC final last month despite Zhang/Zhao played brilliantly against Fischer/Pedersen at semifinal.

Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan, no choice here since the Olympic Champ Cai/Fu has displayed below par performance during this Sudirman Cup, lost twice of three performances.

Hopefully we'll see interesting final match :)

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    some head-to-head stats.

no record of Xu Chen / Ma Jin vs. Ko Sung Yun / Kim Ha Na. let's see who draws the first blood.

Chen Long last beat Lee Dong Keun in BAC2013. with a scoreline of 21-17 / 21-4. they only met once before.

Qiu Zihan / Liu Xiaolong record against Lee Yong Dae / Ko Sung Hyun is 2-2. the last 2 meetings were won by Qiu/Liu in 2013.

Li Xuerui has a clean 3-0 record against Sung Ji Hyun. they last played in SSF, LXR won 21-9 / 21-12

Wang Xiaoli / Yu Yang vs. Jung Kyung Eun / Kim Ha Na.... well. does it matter really?

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    There is a huge possibility of Korea to win the title.. Except in the MS and WD categories , all the other categories, they have possibilities..

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    MD should be interesting. Hope we can see LXR vs SJH..

12. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    the score is not important. it can be 3 - 0, 3 - 1 or even only 3 - 2. the most important is the 5th titles in a row :p

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    its the final countdown!hehe

14. edwin

edwin Regular Member

Computer Programmer
    Not sure if China could avoid their loss in the 2003 Sudirman Cup by fielding different players. At that Kim/Ra was unbeatable, and team China is weak in MD at that time. The scratch pair of Cai Yun/Zhang Wei played well, but Lee/Yoo was still a bit too strong for them.

The only way China can win the Sudirman Cup in 2003 is for them to win MS, WD, and WS. Lee Hyun Il did pull the upset by beating Chen Hong, but who else could China field at that time MS? Lin Dan and Bao Chunlai were no at their peak yet. Xia Xuanze might be an alternative, but I don't see why it would be better to field Xia instead of Chen at that time.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    less than an hour.

i even upgraded the software on my wireless router. so hopefully it won't hang under load anymore.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the mistake was fielding Chen Hong instead of Xia Xuanze. Xia had a much better record against Lee Hyun Il.

17. nizze

nizze Regular Member

I am not surprised China fielded LXL/QZH. Given CY/FHF's current form, there is a strong possibility that they will lose the match. On the other hand, LXL/QZH had been doing well recently, winning the AE and India SS, they should be a force to be reckoned with.

Much as I dislike to admit it, IMO, it is unlikely that Korea can win the cup. On a player to player comparison, i personally think that China has an edge in all the disciplines except MDs & WS. Unless, Koreans can really up their game.. highly unlikely to upset China.

#37 nizze, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    On paper and with this lineup, I'd give Korea a 40% chance of taking the Cup. They need to win 3 of the first 4 matches, because the last one (WD) is a pipe dream for the Koreans.

XC/MJ have not played KSH/KHN, and it will all boil down to whether KHN can take the heat from MJ. And then KSH needs to run to the massage table.

The MS belongs to China. Unless of course, something goes tragically wrong.

The MD actually has a better than 50% chance of going Korea's way, provided KSH can stop himself from getting cute with his racquet skills.

If LXR freezes on the final day and/or SJH discovers a whole new aspect to her game and strategy, here is where Korea can take the Cup.

It's all very slim and dreamy, but it's still a chance it can happen.

But if it goes to the last match, Korea don't stand a chance.

19. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    about 23 minutes to go.... are you ready ? :p

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    You'd better ask Ma Jin and Kim Ha Na that - they're still exchanging mascara and eyeliner and fiddling with their hair....