New Victor Racquet - The Meteor X80 ( MX80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Dec 19, 2010.

1. KohKoh

KohKoh Regular Member

MX 80 used to be the legendary Jung Jae Sung's racket. He was godly xD

2. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

Shon Wan Ho also used it.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

And Kim Sa Rang and a number of other, less known Korean players....

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Lee Dong Keun being another :)

5. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

helo all~~~i'm confusing abt buying MX80 .can anyone of u tell me tat mx80 heavier than n90 II S -type or more lighter?? becoz i 've decide to get another new racquet for spare ....

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    MX80 is heavier

7. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    And I feel thay yhe MX80 is also stiffer

8. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

MX80 is probably the stiffest racket on the market right now, so chances are it is stiffer than any racket u can compare it to.

9. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker

your NS90 will gather dust once you start with MX.... like me... sold off all my racquets liao...

10. yuan7980

yuan7980 Regular Member

aha~~!reali!!!??2mrw i go get 1 MX 80 n try :) , thx bro

11. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Yeah. The MX series from Victor is one of a kind. Give yourself a try and it may serve you well. If too stiff you can opt for MX JJS or MX60. Cheers.

12. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    That what I think last year until I tried the Froza racket. I think it is more stiff than the MX80

13. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    im facing the same problem bro.painting problem at my mx80cone shaft

14. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    The paint on my mx80 has been destroyed on the frame because of how and who I used to play with but the paint on the cone has been totally fine for me. I remember saying the Carlton VTE was stiffer however I feel like I should amend that after using my MX80 again recently after repair. ( Btw, I can barely tell the difference from the repair, maybe slightly more vibration but it's such a small difference I think it's in my head) The MX80 definitely has a stiffer shaft but the VTE had a shorter shaft, lighter weight and bigger handle. This made it feel unforgiving especially on wrist shots but overheads and jump smashes are incredible once you figure it out. The MX80 is the opposite. It's unbelievably comfortable and easy to accelerate this racket and change direction and I found myself changing my technique and style to take full advantage of this. Both of these rackets are like none other I have used before or since and require a fair amount of adjustment to your technique to use them. When I picked up and played with my MX80 I could not get any power or consistency from it for at least a coupleof games. I couldn't even get an overhead straight clear end to end. I couldn't figure it out till I realised my technique when using my VTE is totally different and same again with normal racquets so I decided to experiment and see what I could do. The best thing I found that worked was how I took my shots. I took my arm right out and immediately I saw a difference. I then started using my arm and just before contact snapping my wrist and I can honestly say, they were the steepest smashes I have ever hit and the third most powerful I could hit with accuracy after the lining n90 with z62 strings and the vt80 with vs850. Once I had the right technique, smashes were better than when I used the z force (amazing power, very difficult to get a serious angle and to control a cross court smash. also very easy to read my smash when I used it, so I think MX80 is better ur experience may differ) and better than the n50 original( but much harder to generate the power and not as fun to just whack the shuttle with, n50 was very easy to get very good smashes without real effort). To get power out of the MX80, you really need to put a lot of energy in and your technique will need to be very efficient or risk losing power or a bad injury. I lent mine to a friend ( must stronger+ more talented player than me), 4 points in and he gave it back and put on an elbow support. This racquet is not a pick up and play racquet, it will take time to really learn to use it properly, but I can confidently say that nothing I have ever used matches this in terms of accuracy and placement even with the most powerful shots. I have really had to slow my game down to get the most from it but it's worth it. I'm still getting used to the technique required and means of generating power again after such a long off period but I think this will be my go to after a couple more sessions at least for doubles. If it's an easy racquet you're looking for, get a vt80 or VTT or maybe an N50ii. This is not for everyone, but it will be incredible for some. I'll try and do a new full review after nearly 2 years comparing it to racquets out today and some of its newer descendants eg the mx London which I'm lucky enough to have regular access too (although rarely used) and also the bslyd and maybe the n80, n90ii and racquets I used to own not very long ago after I have had some more time with it and other racquets I'm comparing this too.

15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Are you familiar with the PARAGRAPH?

16. TheNotoriousLIG

TheNotoriousLIG Regular Member

Student
    Yh, sorry, typed that on my phone. I didn't realise I had typed that much. I'm usually more moderate. The review will be much clearer and spaced out properly.

17. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    sometimes i feel mx80 is stiffer than my ,vt70,vt80,vtzf or vtzf ltd... is this true?what do u guys think?

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yes, it is stiffer than any Yonex.

19. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    yup..thats true

20. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I find that a problem with typing on my phone because for some reason I can't
    put
    in
    gaps
    in
    My
    lines. Edit: I guess that problem was fixed..... Never mind.