Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

More like moving back to what he was comfortable with before...

2. ahren92

ahren92 Regular Member

badminton nerd
    alot on the Korean Team are using BS-12 now... it seems like it's a pretty good racket

3. hanilam

hanilam Regular Member

cc
    hai everyone in the forum. too long haven't been in the forum. could anybody give me more infomation about the badminton tournment yesterday Korea Gold. I heard from commentator the gymanisum was named after Lee Yong Dae is that true? if it so, his name must be well known all the over the world. Some members from Korea may tell me how big is the gymn? TQVM

4. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

That gymnasium was named after him as his hometown council wishes;)

5. event

event Regular Member

You can see several photos of it inside and out here. Lee and Ko both discuss it here.

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    “It was a great feeling to have won the most coveted medal when I was only 20″

There is an interview of Lee Yong Dae which he has given while participating in Syed Modi International India Open Grand Prix Gold 2012 to SportsKeeda.

"http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/12/21/interview-with-lee-yong-dae-hard-work-dedication-are-important/"

EXCERPTS:

Were you satisfied with the bronze medal this year at the Olympics, considering you guys were favorites being World No. 1? We were a little disheartened when we lost in the semis as we wanted to end the tournament with the gold but we were very happy to get the bronze too.

Do you miss playing with Jung Jae Sung ? Yes, of course. We had an incredible journey together and my relationship with him has helped me grow personally and professionally.

What message would you like to give to youngsters all over the world? Well, I’m young myself (laughs). But my message would be: hard work, dedication and will power are very important if you want to play the game.

I wish him for his future tournaments.:)

7. krazn

krazn Regular Member

Are there any videos of lee and ko playing together at the 2012 victor korea grand prix tournament?

8. event

event Regular Member

Did you try checking the links to Badzine above? You could also try here and here. You might also try Badminton Korea magazine here and one more here.

#3288 event, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
  9. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Any if you guys know how come Lee Yong dae not playing in recent All England ?

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

He did play - dropped out against Kindervater/Schöttler. R2, I think.

11. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    My goodness, drop against lower ranking players,, his standard drop ?

12. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

It was not only the korean pair who disappointed their fans. Wang Yihan, Li Xuerui, Xu Chen/Ma Jin dropped out early too.

13. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    hey does anyone know that show?? I know some Korean so I can see that the title is:

LYD - JJS's that day (correct me if I'm wrong)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgSR9LjRQvM

maybe someone of the Korean forum memebers knows that show??I'd really want to watch it

14. icey_drone

icey_drone Regular Member

Student
    I want to watch that show too

Looks like a documentary into the life of Korean badminton players
    Will be interesting to see their daily routines and get a sense of their personal life

15. josephdk

josephdk Regular Member

The documentary is called 'That Day' but I can't find the full video anywhere. :(

16. event

event Regular Member

There is a 3-minute preview here with a link to the full programme, to view which you most likely need to pay and be born in Korea.

17. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    So there is no chance of watching it? I searched a lot, l found many videos on cafe daum, however they all told me l couldn't watch it. What does surprise me is that many shows are being recorded, however this show seems to be not that important to the koreans. Although l found some with the kpop group "beast".

Event: do you have more chances of getting access to this vid? I mean l know some korean but certainly not enough to do proper research. And l guess everyone here would like to watch that show ;)

18. josephdk

josephdk Regular Member

I'm Korean so I could type it in korean and I found a lot of sites but all of them were removed by MBC.

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

I would love to watch the full show too. So, no chance of viewing the full show anywhere in the internet without paying? :D

Meanwhile, while viewing that video, saw an interesting related video of LYD's physical training. I assume it is before the OG2012 in London. Could this be another documentary of player's training before OG2012?
    [video=youtube;NcFPqkyWnyE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcFPqkyWnyE[/video]

20. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    This is what I miss for Badminton... The chance to get a view into the life of the professionals (or at least what a day looks like, a training session/week and so on).
    Esp. in Europe it is hard to find some more insight what our stars/heroes do / how they train, etc.
    Probably it´s about the money, but there could be done so much more to promote our sport.
    Just look how many hits bw.tv has and I´m sure most of us are intersted in things like the magazine they created and more stuff about the personalties behind the players on court.
    (ofc only to certain point or rather what players want to give away, but I´m pretty sure many would have fun to show some insight)