Professional Badminton Shirt Heat Transfer Printing Guide & Services (with pictures)

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by ERTHK, Dec 28, 2010.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

U can try pm the thread creator and see;)

2. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

There are dozens of free font websites out there, just google for it and you can create your own style in Photoshop or similar. FC Barcelona font for instance http://www.dafont.com/search.php?psize=m&q=barcelona The Japan ones here are selfmade (and they only have the 4 letters) but also not 100% accurate after further inspection, they won't look good anyway with longer names (longer than 6 characters) as they simply are too wide to fit. I'd check at your regular racketshop, UK has far more printing services available I feel ...

I can't say about the quality but the print is not exactly the same as the original. Asked for closeup to maybe able to see the thickness but perhaps you can say. Doesn't matter for me anyhow as they won't take my orders anymore :p: too high maintenance ;). Oh yeah thx for shirt size info; could've fooled me I thought they were a small or asian medium :eek::D

#42 demolidor, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

edit: I'd browse through the basic - sans serif section on dafont as well. I'm using one from there actually [​IMG].

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

actually my local racket shop does do printing, I just don't think there is many choices of fonts. There isn't much point in me getting the Japan font then, my second name is 11 letters with a space, it won't look very good.:) I will need to find a cool font. Is there any BWF restriction on the font used ?

5. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

From what I remember in the rules the only restriction/requirement is that it is in a western/roman font but you can look it up to be sure ...

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

The thickness is quite good, its thicker than my original football or other original badminton shirts. Im not sure if thicker is better, but surely it will not get washed or faded away. The only concern perhaps it can be peel off overtime if not well look after.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

In anything below Grand Prix level it's optional anyway I forgot to add ... and that includes the Scottish ;).

Okay :cool:, thick is good in my opinion as long as the glue is good quality [​IMG].

#47 demolidor, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  8. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    As far as I know, the name print company refused to sell anything to demolidor. Since no transaction is involved, there's not much for me to talk about on this issue.

About the BWF regulation, name print is not compulsory unless you are playing for events with minimum level of Grand Prix, & higher - like Super Series & etc...

Fonts used in tournaments should be clear to be seen & might subject to prior approval from tournament organisers.

There's a minimum requirement of 6cm and not exceeding 10cm in font height, & color of the name print should be in contrast with the shirt color for clear visibility.

9. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

As far as I am aware, International level is also included in the series of tournaments in which names on shirts is compulsory. Otherwise it's €100 or forfeit. Thanks for the information on size of fonts, that will help when I get the shirts printed. Just need to decide which shirts I get printed :)

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Actually it's for the Badminton Europe Circuit Internationals but whatever the tournament entry form/ prospectus mentions is what you go by. All the rest is in the BWF rules including the min and max heights ...
    I don't think the number of entries will be as pitiful as last time with Olympic qualifying period underway by then should be full qualifying and a reserves list (unlike last time).

#50 demolidor, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  11. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Malaysia national team model shirt....with my name printed on the back

08022011493.jpg 08022011505.jpg 08022011507.jpg 08022011508.jpg 08022011511.jpg 08022011518.jpg

Pictures uploaded upon a friend's request.

I like the quality of the name print & its material is also top grade :)

12. clamz

clamz Regular Member

Hi, ERTHK, may I know how such prints are done? I would love to get some shirts with prints, and I do hope this ship within malaysia...

13. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    Hi clamz, if you read back at the first page, you will find that almost all the information you need are already mentioned there.

Yup, the name blocks are shipped to your doorstep by Pos Laju if you are located within Malaysia. If you are located overseas, it will be shipped by registered tracking number airmail shipping.

Hope the info helps.

14. ERTHK

ERTHK Regular Member

Professional Designer
    More Photos...upload some when I'm free ^_^V

21022011567.jpg 17022011540.jpg 31012011478.jpg 31012011474.jpg

15. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    Hey, can you design this with my name??

16. clamz

clamz Regular Member

Hi Cheetah, drop an email at pimp_my_jersey@yahoo.com

he'll quote you a price, but you'd have to specify how you want your name print to be (name, country, logo etc) hope this helps.

17. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    and he'll send it like those in the picture above?

18. clamz

clamz Regular Member

Yes, then you'll have to find a shop with a professional heat pressing machine to put the name prints on the back of your own shirts.

19. Cheetah

Cheetah Regular Member

Student
    awesome :D nice thanks!

20. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    ERTHK, may I know what type of fonts are used for the printing of the Malaysian and Indonesian jerseys? Is it Arial Black? The fonts look different from the Sunrise version.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...er-Singapore?p=1632121&viewfull=1#post1632121