Zulfadli Zulkifli

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Dec 18, 2010.

1. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Precisely.

BAM should be run by sportspersons for sportspersons, not by politicians for political purposes.

2. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

This week, Zulfadli Zulkifli is ranked No.2 in the BWF World Junior Rankings

Because Zulfadli Zulkifli did not participate in tournaments lately, he has now been overtaken by Viktor Axelsen.

BWF have now made the BWF World Junior Rankings available. It is aimed to be published on a weekly basis. I have started a thread for the rankings, found located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...F-World-Junior-Rankings?p=1833638#post1833638

This week, Zulfadli Zulkifli is ranked No.2.

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Zulfadli Zulkifli be given the chance to play in the Thomas Cup qualifiers in Macau?

Datuk Eddy Choong giving some tips to World Junior Champion Zulfadli Zulkifli as Teh Kew San looks on.

Source: http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2012/1/16/sports/10271178&sec=sports

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

The Star Online
    Monday 16-January-2012

Focus on the juniors to produce world beaters like Lee Chong Wei.

That is the the clarion call of the former greats, who turned up for a special ceremony organised by the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) to honour them yesterday.

The legends were members of the Thomas Cup-winning teams of 1949, 1952, 1955, 1967 and 1992 and also Olympic Games medallists.

Datuk Eddy Choong, from the Thomas Cup class of 1955, suggested that junior players should train together with the top players. “That will help raise the standard faster,” said Eddy.

Teh Kew San, 77, called for changes in the state development programmes.

“We should create a vibrant inter-state programme. There should not be any age limit so every player has an opportunity to show who’s the best in the state,” said Kew San.

“Let a youngster play against a senior as this will speed up his progress.”

Former doubles great and 1992 Thomas Cup winner Razif Sidek said Malaysia must focus on developing their world junior champions.

He suggested reigning world junior champion Zulfadli Zulkifli be given the chance to play in the Thomas Cup qualifiers in Macau next month.

“Zulfadli must be given the right exposure.

“He is a world junior champion and now’s the time to push him.

“He should join the centralised training with the Thomas Cup team as he will benefit a great deal from it,” said Razif.

Cheah Soon Kit, Razif’s 1992 Thomas Cup team-mate, said the juniors should always be given priority.

“While we always send the best team for the Thomas Cup, we should give youngsters a break if they’re good enough. Training with the seniors can only do them good.

“We must put more emphasis on the juniors if we are to produce more future champions.”

All the former greats were given a trophy and RM1,000 as appreciation of their continuous support and contributions to Malaysian badminton.

====== * ====== part of article ====== * ======

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    The suggestions by Malaysia's past great players above are very logical.

That's one reason why I don't understand why ZZ chose to be away from the from the national team by not joining BAM.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

As BAM is planning to participate in the TC matches......

As BAM is planning to participate in the TC matches, all players (under BAM or not) should be welcomed for the trial, and then when selected, they are included in the training.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    lol
    the official list already out
    and we all know how brainless bam is
    so why bother?

7. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Eddy Choong, Teh Kew San, Razif Sidek, Cheah Soon Kit, and others made their comments

Oh, is the official list already out yet?

No wonder, Eddy Choong, Teh Kew San, Razif Sidek, Cheah Soon Kit, and others made their comments at the special ceremony organised by BAM.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Look at Msia TC, Uber team thread. Its LCW, Hafiz, Liew Daren, Arif as reserve.MD : KKK/TBH, GWS/LKW, Ah How & Tks as reserve.It's ok lah. Zul can participate 2014 edition. By then Datuk retire already

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    It is to shut their big mouth la... lol. BAM under pressure. lol. ;) You think they will give money freely? ;) lol.

All the former greats were given a trophy and RM1,000

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I shall be waiting to witness independent Zulfadli becoming MAS first No.1 player

Thanks eaglehelang for the info. It looks like Zul needs LCW to retire first.

As you know, I support independent players, and I shall be waiting to witness independent Zulfadli playing as MAS first No.1 player, just like independent Taufik playing as INA first No.1. :):):)

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    As I recall, Taufik has always been playing as INA MS#1 a long time, even when he was not an independent player.

12. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I told LCW t but he didn't want to listen to me

I told LCW to go independent (some time ago), but he didn't want to listen to me. :eek::eek::eek:

Otherwise, LCW would be the first independent No.1 for Malaysia, just like Taifik for Indonesia.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Frankly, I think LCW did the right thing to stay on with BAM. He earned his respected Dato-ship and is now a national treasure, apart from being a multi-millionaire.

Thankfully, LCW is not like Taufik who is going downhill.

#453 Loh, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    On ZZ, I think if he had chosen BAM instead of KLRC, he would have been exposed much more than currently and perhaps increased his ability a rung or two by training with the national team, especially sparring with the Dato.

He would be specially accorded with the best that BAM has to offer and probably be included in the TC team.

His WJC Danish rival, Viktor Axelsen, may be doing better now.

15. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

I hope Badminton can be played as an individual sport, just like Tennis

You think of money and Datukship, while I hope LCW would think only of Badminton as an individual sport, just like Tennis.

You already know my thoughts when I created this thread;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/93949-Professional-Players-going-Professional

I am very grateful to what our Australian Rod Laver has done for Tennis worldwide, and also to Li Na has done for Tennis in China.

Anyway, perhaps I, in Australia, think differently from many BCers from Asia.

16. eaglehelang

Dont count on it. Just look at what happened to Arif, then Iskandar, then Loh WS. Zul will get more exposure as independent player like he did during junior days

17. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    How many Rod Lavers are there in this world? Please be realistic.

Already the Tennis world is more or less divided over the question of prize monies. Professional players are now demanding a greater share of the increased revenue that organizers are able to generate.

LCW is a professional badminton player. He can't play all this adult life, maybe maximum up to 35 years old and just like PG and TH, he will decline and lose in tournaments. He has to think of his future, his children's education, etc,. etc., just like any responsible husband and father will do.

LCW's rewards, both monetary and non-monetary, came as a result of years of hard training, discipline and personal resolve and sacrifice. He is not a charity. And he wants to return the benefits and trust that BAM and MAS have given him by fighting hard for the Olympic gold medal in London this summer.

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't tell me Arif or those in the current national team are not training together?

I thought Loh WS is not interested anymore.

Exposure will come when the player has proven he is good enough. How many of the current national squad players have impressed at international tournaments? Maybe they have not put in sufficient commitment to become better players?

Don't tell me BAM does not want to expose potential winners?

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I think as an independent he will get more focused attention and help. That is the only reason I feel he is not with BAM. Anyway what do BAM have to show for all their efforts LCW & TBK/KKK only so far.

20. eaglehelang

Look at the number of tournaments they enter & their results you will know. If Zul enter BAM, he still must follow seniority, seniors 1st, juniors must wait. Pecking order - Daren, CWF, then Arif, then Iskandar, then Loh WS.

Bottom line, BAM isnt doing any better anyway with all those talents who have joined them all these years. LCW's successor is still nowhere in sight