What Shuttles Have You Used

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by drowsysmurf, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Are you suuure??..

...Hartono Sport is not on the list??:rolleyes::confused::p..Did you check under Sporting Goods section??...:confused:..Anyways, they don't carry GM shuttles..:p

2. drowsysmurf

drowsysmurf Regular Member

Make ppl happy O_O
    someone wanted some Smash City shuttle review.
    SC-28 - Price to quality ratio, terrible. They would make great practice shuttles
    SC-48 - Price to quality ratio is better than SC-28. However Yang Yang 2000A would still be a better shuttle to use.
    SC-88 - Price to quality ratio is still bad. Advise using Chesters instead. Prolly along the same par in terms of durability and flight.

However, as a salesperson. I'd say BUY SMASH CITY SHUTTLES if you go to smash city. Show some support =P hahaha. Just my opinion. If you want to try them out, Smash City shuttles can be purchase one bird at a time (pretty much for players to try them out). It will either reaffirm your opinion or change it. =D

3. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    oh sorry, it's on the list, btw there are 2 store named hartono sport, on dharmawangsa and kupang jaya, which one? i think dharmawangsa yahh? because as far i know the store [provide electronic machine for stringing

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-I believe..

..both are under the same owner & he owns both places; I think the main store is located in Jl. Kupang Jaya. In any rate, Hartono Sports doesn't carry any GM shuttles (i think they only carry Indocock, Gadjah Emas, Hi-Qua, Saxon and Java brands)..;)

5. sifuyono

sifuyono Regular Member

Follow me on Twitter: @sifuyono
    Unfortunately, the price of goods are expensive enough in Hartono.
    Price for bg-66 stringing about Rp. 50.000, usually i get for Rp. 42.500

6. tommy

tommy Regular Member

clerk
    I use RCL Titanium, it is quite durable. Normally we can play up to 1 and a half game with 1 shuttle.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Quick update..

..sorry, haven't updated you guys on this. Well, after i tried the GM Green 12-shuttles in a tube, all i've got to say is: DO NOT BUY IT! I didn't realize how awful the shuttles are:mad:..*sigh* wished if i had known:p..Anyways, but the half dozen shuttles in a tube are okay. Just don't get the ones i got..:p

8. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    I bought it even Mona got some too...12 packed---

9. gavias

gavias Regular Member

Yang Yang are Fast?

DinkAlot says that yang yang 300B are very fast and that to have equivalent speed, its only possible if we use one speed below. Do you agree?

Thank you

10. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    where i got it from which is badminton alley, they only had one speed and it didn't fly fast for me. however this was awhile back (1 year now? maybe a bit more) when i tried it out. don't know about the new batches.

11. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    sosan black flew fast for me last time i played with it. faster than 300b if that's a good measure for u.

12. gavias

gavias Regular Member

AS-40 speed 3 is equivalent to Yang Yang 77? Not in theory (I know that the speed 3 is equivalent to speed 77), but in practice.

13. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    I think u meant to say in theory that is true, but in practice it is false due to various standards of manufacturer for example different corks and stuff. I've found AS-40 of speed 3 to be too fast for my liking. their speed feels like that of sosan black and their cork is extremely hard. I guess that is what a "true" shuttlecock should feel like? btw, the difference in speed is due to the weight of the shuttle. keeping the shuttle weight the same doesn't mean shuttle from different manufacturers would fly the same. the placement of feather, shape of feather, thickness, positioning, etc also comes into play to make the shuttle fly faster or slower. the weather is another factor. 76 and 77 is a typical speed i use in US.

my advice to you choosing a shuttle is the same as my advice choosing a racket. try it out. just buy a tube. what's the worst, u use the tube up by the end of the week and buy another tube. different people have different preference. you see some people who likes to play with fast shuttle and some that likes to play with slower. another test u can try out is stand at the baseline and do an underhand hit. the shuttle should land right on/close to the long serve line in doubles. if it hits the singes serve line, itz too fast. if it hits 1.5ft or before the doubles long serve line, itz slow.

14. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    btw... i agree to that statement if you do not put yang yang 300B because i think it applies to all shuttles not just the yang yang 300B.
    another solution is the bend the tip of the shuttle out. start out by bending every 4th feather. if that's too fast, then every other feather.

15. MING PARIS

MING PARIS Regular Member

restaurant owner
    no yangyang are not so fast ,we use 77 or 78(they are ok,when the people think they are too fast ,to me they last longer,no need to heat them too much)
    but first we bought 400 tubes at 13 euros ,now they are at 15.5eur so much expensive at the moment!!!!!in Paris

16. gavias

gavias Regular Member

When I am thinking in the equivalences, I am think that in the same local at the same time AS-40 speed 3 are faster then Yang Yang 300B 77 or are slower? To do comparisons we need to have the same conditions in order to do a correct test. This evaluation its only possible if someone in practice have done this test; otherwise what we can say, are theories.

DinKAlot did a test and he said that its necessary to buy Yang Yang 300B one speed slower. But I don' know if he have done the test under the same environment conditions and even if he did it, I would like to have another opinion.

#116 gavias, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2008
  17. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

RSL Classic Tourney..... Rock !!!

I'll go for......
    RSL-Classic Tourney
    ProAce AT-85
    Fleet 2002
    Protech Masterpiece
    RCL Titanium
    RCL Super
    VEE

If those not available then I'll go for.....
    Protech Millenium
    Yang Yang 300B
    Aeroplane c110
    Sealion c110
    Sintec 828

18. Elixau

Elixau Regular Member

Mavis 300. And some other kind of random birdies.

19. drowsysmurf

Make ppl happy O_O
    i agree with what you say about environment conditions. but u also have to take into account the player. some likes it fast and some likes it slow. people who like it fast might say certain brand is too slow and vice versa. in my area, when i test shuttle the way i described, the as-40 never passes the test. it actually flies past between the doubles and single's long serve line (base). i didn't have that problem with 300B. that said, i used as-40 a lot more recently than 300B. as a tester, the time difference is enough to say that batches have been different, maybe even the quality and make of the shuttle. my strength has also grown considerably (i play like 5 days a week now compared to like 2, maybe 3 times a week when i tested the 300b). that guide i made is just a guide in terms of my preference and from when i was actually testing it. also the other thing is i dunno what MASTER DINK said. his experience could be different from mine. his skill level is higher than mine to so maybe he might have a better guide than mine, or maybe he has a different way to judge the shuttles he reviews (i dunno where that review is either. a link would be nice cuz i wanna see his reviews like the grip review and the string review). i tried to keep my guide unbiased, but it might not be? so that's my final say on it :rolleyes: take it as a guide but in the end, try it out for you own reference because you play differently from me. it is almost like recommending a string or a racket. you have to try it out to know what fits you best.

20. gavias

gavias Regular Member

You can see here the tests done by Dink: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47979

The personal preference its important, but I was looking for a comparison standard independently from the personal preferences. I will test the Yang Yang 300B in 4 days. At that time I will verify its characteristics.