Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. sdgon

sdgon Regular Member

I used myfriend's F9. F9 is lighter than MX60. I am surprised that Fu Hai Feng is usingF9. He may use a customized heavy version. My main racket was NS9900 before Igot MX60, but the frame was broken during a smash two weeks ago.
    After a search ofLining rackets, I narrow down to two – N55 II (thanks J4ckie and lindanfan321) andN36. N55 II is more powerful and heavier. N36 is lighter, faster and has bettercontrol. Hopefully I can have a chance to try one of them, and then I will knowwhich one fits me better.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Personal recommendation - go with the N55II ;) It's really not all that heavy, and with you already owning an Mx racket you don't really need another fast one. More control also usually means less power, and if the F9 wasn't powerful enough I wouldn't recommend you get the N36.
    Good luck with your decision and the racket! ;)

3. WCR 999

WCR 999 Regular Member

Event Planner
    Guys, I would like to enquire as to how much different is the N55II is as compared to the MXJJS or the BS15? Stiffness of shaft, stiffness of head, head heavy balance, sweetspot, overall racket weight?

4. derekso

derekso Regular Member

Hey guys ive been using the n90II for quite a bit. The smash is absolutely wonderful but that seems to be it. Its rather slow when it comes to defence and drives. I seem to be unable to generate enough power with my wrist smashes. Will the n70 be a better choice as its less head heavy and more flexible? i understand the importance of feeling the racket myself but li-ning isnt really that popular in the U.S. and is rather hard for me to get my hands on li-ning rackets. my n90II was bought in a li-ning brand store in bei jing.

5. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

Has anyone tried the M73 (lyb mentor one) yet? I'm thinking of getting just the racquet >_>'

6. Tigieria

Tigieria Regular Member

Can someone also compare the N33 and N70 please, I'll need an answer soon >.< thank you

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I can't compare. I just know that the grip of N70 is noticably longer than usual rackets. I only tried it once or twice. Maybe something you will need to adapt. Or maybe you will like it more than any other grips.

N33-II (not N33) seem to have extremely thick frame when I compared it to other rackets. Don't know if this applies to N33.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Imop N70 is the better racket. I had tried the N33 way back, and instantly thought it wasn't a great racket. Both are pretty flexible, and since it's so long ago I held the N33, I don't want to compare, but the N33 also has a pretty thick frame while the N70 has a somewhat thin frame compared to the other popular N-series models (N50/II, N90/II, N55/II), which makes it a bit faster than the balance point lets on.
    The long handle is quite useful if you play a lot of doubles, enabling you to be lightning quick around the net and in defense, while still having a nice and head heavy racket when playing from the back.
    For me, it's just a tad too flexible now, while the unavailability here might also be an issue :D

9. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Longer handle of N70, means that it's the same like AT900P? However i felt quite comfortable with the longer handle :eek: j4ckie, would you mind sharing the head heaviness between N55II and N70? Btw the design of N55II is soooooo awesome. :D

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Uhhh I don't know I guess the N70 has a longer handle than the AT....most rackets have a certain 'standard' handle length, then there's a few with shorter handles (to con ppl by saying the 5mm longer shaft causes a 150% increase in power....), but I haven't seen a racket with a handle as long as the N70.
    Between N70 and N55II, it's hard to say for me - it's been a while since I tested the N55II, and it was gripped differently. The different flexibility makes it even harder to compare. I guess the N55II is marginally heavier, but don't quote me on that :D
    It's got a thicker head shape though and plays/feels a little more massively imop. As I've currently not yet decided whether to go with adidas or Li Ning for the season, the N55II is actually on my list :) So are the F9 and C7, btw. So, should I go with Li Ning, I'd test those three a little more intensely and play one of them for a year.

11. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

the N70ii has similar length handle to AT900 series, ie long handle/short shaft, while N70's handle length is a tad shorter than both, ie short handle/long shaft.

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I'll try and find someone with a At at training later, but I really can't imagine any racket having a longer handle than the N70. I had the N70II over for testing and the handle length seemed to be the same as the first gen.
    The N70 handle (bottom to low edge of the cap) is 173mm on mine. For comparison, N90II is 167, N50 163, for example. All measures +/-2mm as I have overgrips on them.

13. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

slight correction here, n70 / n70ii / at900 series all had similar length handles and shafts. only differences are the shaft stiffness, hard to soft > at900 / n70ii / n70.

14. swunk

swunk Regular Member

I now have n90-II and n55 first gen in my bag, so if anyone's interested to know how they feel comparing to other rackets i own, i can write a short review.
    i have vt80, vtzf, arc11, arc7, victor bslyd.

15. wning

wning Regular Member

looks like the N80 is making a come back this year due to fact that all those new high end "3D Break-Free" racket design are coming out now. There were two Chinese players (XD, WD) in the World Championship using it. Not sure if they made any changes to the racket.

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Xu Chen is using N80 for a while now. Who else did you mean?
    Zhao Yunlei? She's using N50-III.

17. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

Xu Chen for XD and Wang Xiao Li for WD, i suppose.

18. wning

wning Regular Member

Wang Xiao Li

19. laivc

laivc Regular Member

Sales
    Hi guys, anyone has a review on the new N90 III? Appreciate if someone can provide one. Thanks.

20. Tigieria

Tigieria Regular Member

Another "question": n55 specs vs n55-ii specs