eBay Auction Watch & Shopping Enquiries

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Feb 11, 2004.

1. ray_mond

ray_mond Regular Member

2. blackfrost

blackfrost Regular Member

I swallow Shuttles
    ya
    Chinese seller with 100 arc10s in quantity. Very suspicious.

3. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    genuine racket?

Im looking at buying this racket just wondering what people thought in terms of fake or real ? Thanks for anyone's help

Seller =moetdaisy,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/YONEX-ARMORTEC-800-DEFENSIVE-SP-BADMINTON-RACKET_W0QQitemZ280281310600QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280281310600&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1301%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

item #280281310600, ending on 06-Nov-08 19:48:08 GMT - YONEX ARMORTEC 800 DEFENSIVE SP BADMINTON RACKET

info about racket
    number on handle: 0105042SP (this in engraved)
    number on shaft: 4828672 (also engraved but smaller)
    number on plastic handle end cap (1228SP)
    4U G3 18-22lbs 8-10kg on handle

Attached Files:

4. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    anothe pic armortec 800def

just one more pic, i think it might be a fake, what do other people think!!!

Attached Files:

5. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Have you ever looked at a real Yonex racquet before? If you did, then you should already know the answer to your question.

6. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    first things firts, ur saying its fake yea, ? thats what i thought but as never seen this racket before in terms of a real one i wanted a second opinion. I take it normal yonex 800def dosent have the code on the but cap of the grip yea? i havent seen many decent yonec rackets esp not older ones so just wanted to be sure, thanks for your help

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    well, the thing is, you don't need to have seen a genuine 800Def to see that there are things that are wrong with it. If you've seen a genuine Yonex racquet and took note of the serial and date code font, you'll notice that it looks nowhere close to the one that was posted. If you know what the date code represents for Yonex racquets, then you'll also know that its counterfeit as well.

8. peterford

peterford Regular Member

studnet
    right got u thanks a lot anyway, better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

9. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Of course I understand what you mean but its even better if purchases are made from Yonex authorized dealers :)

10. thestud

thestud New Member

architect
  11. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    Do you think the racket is real? The price is too cheap.

12. thestud

thestud New Member

architect
    I am not sure whether the racket is real. If they are selling on ebay and got so many positive feedbacks from different buyers, it might be real. However, I am doubtful because of the price. I don't know how could someone sell Yonex 9000 for $45 when the actual price is $225.

13. thestud

thestud New Member

architect
    Fake Yonex 9000

This is the response I got from Yonex 9000 seller. Unfortunately I already ordered and now I learn that it's fake :(

==========================================

[FONT=宋体]be honest
    it's clone,but the quality is very good.
    and it feeling just same as the original.
    it mark as "made in japan"
    real feeling,strung as 24 Lbs.
    i believe you will like it.
    thanks.
    [/FONT]

==========================================

14. ckaSVEN

ckaSVEN Regular Member

I ordered a Yonex Nano Speed 9000 Type S from htd8000 (who has 100% positive feedback from 107 members (all of them buying rackets from him too I think) on eBay. Here's the specific link -
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=200266556727
    It came out to $50-$60. I read some of the earlier posts saying that if some purchases seem to be too good to be true, they most likely are. So I was wondering what people thought about this. After reading those earlier posts I'm assuming that this is just fake so I shouldn't be too excited or anything.

Edit - The guy said, "[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Hi,I need to tell you this racquet is clone-made directly from China Yonex OEM factory.But it's almost the same excellent quality and outlook in your hand as the authentic one
    Regards
    Jerry"
    Do you think it's true or will my racket suck and break right when I get it?
    [/FONT]

15. ckaSVEN

ckaSVEN Regular Member

Hey that's exactly the situation I had/am in right now! Since I already ordered my racket, and should be receiving it sometime this week or the next. Is the clone racket really bad?

16. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The price is obvious so the rackets are fake.

17. ckaSVEN

ckaSVEN Regular Member

Do you think it'll break easily or anything? Would I still be able to play with it decently sort of and everything or no?

18. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

This is the thing. Who know what your particular fake would be like??!!
    Whether it would play like the real thing is an unknown. I have seen fakes that look just like the real thing but are so head heavy they could almost be used as a baseball bat, or it could be rather similar to the real deal.

Would it be as durable as the real thing? Who knows? It could break at the first smash with the head impaling itself into the back of your partner's head or it could last for years.

The point is that a fake is variable and unknown - but you'll have a racket which you can show to your friends and say " Hey, I've got a Yonex 9000 (looky-likey)!"

Question - Why not buy a clone from one of the many manufacturers (Fleet, Ashaway, Apacs etc etc) if you are even bothered about whether it plays well or is durable? Most even have a similar paint job (albeit without the word Yonex).

19. klc28

klc28 Regular Member

Hey, look on the bright side. You have a looky-likey for less money than the other poor sap.

If you have even heard of this forum, how could you not have known this was a fake. China has lower living costs (generally speaking), but a Yonex 9K for USD20...come on :rolleyes:

20. ckaSVEN

ckaSVEN Regular Member

Aww man :( I'm just beginning so I don't think I'd be able to tell about the head weight stuff yet. I didn't know it was a clone until after the guy messaged back which was only until after I ordered it from him. I checked out my local badminton club last Monday and the guy said to get a HL Power Plus 4000 for $30 since it's pretty good for a beginners racket. Also, how often do rackets break completely and just the strings breaking? Over the years, I've been through 2 digital cameras, and am on my 3rd one right now. And my mom randomly asked me if I was purposely breaking them on purpose (which I'm definitely not.) So if I break any of these rackets early, she'll most likely bring that back up and say I am.