Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by taufik_lin16, Jul 14, 2006.

1. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Unemployment ... *Hopely ended soon*
    Narnia ... Event ...
    Need ur Help
    to translate THIS NEWS
    The Newest News from Fancafe

SOme pict of that nEws ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credit: STarYongDae

2. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    look better when he being a lawyer

3. narnia

narnia Regular Member

The news....

LYD visiting Hampyung Butterfly Festival, (he was invited by the chief police office of the city who has personal relationship with him.) LYD had a time for one and a half hours writing his autographs to his fans gathered to see him there. The report says...1,000 tourers gathered to see him when he was at the table.

:)

#2003 narnia, May 2, 2009
    Last edited: May 2, 2009
  4. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

thx Narnia ^_^

Oiya ... in the Daum Cafe
    is there any News about Yong Dae's Comment about his Racket Change or Necklace??

5. event

event Regular Member

No. He played two matches with Han and two with Cho Gun Woo. He was playing with Han when he beat Kim Yong Hyun and Kim Sang Soo of Dangjin. They had beaten Lee/Cho twice at the national sports fest in October.

6. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

ooo .... thx for the Confirm event ^_^ hehe ....

7. narnia

narnia Regular Member

LYD is a very tactful player, he hardly loses again to the ones he was beaten by before (KYH/KSS was the winner of the October Fest.); that's because he's the one of the best players in history who has the highest ability of "anticipation" - which is one of the key factors in winning this sports of badminton. :)

8. event

event Regular Member

Well, we do have plenty of counter-examples, like the three straight losses to Zheng/Ma, the two winless record against Zheng/Gao and the repeated losses to Cai/Fu and to Paaske/Rasmussen. You may yet be proven correct, though.

9. narnia

narnia Regular Member

If you like my claim I will be happy to prove it partially. :)
    (BTW, LYD's sense of anticipation is very well known among the Korean players. Have you ever heard of that in Korea?)
    All my arguments are from my watching the games on internet and in videos. I usually enjoy watching LYD's games on internet live and then in videos at least a couple of times in analytical way with slow replays. I like to talk about this kind of stuff in more details with the game content itself not just from the scores or results.

1. MX

Let me just comment on the losses against ZB/MJ in the past three consecutive tournaments. That would sound some excuse but it would be reasonable.

Usually, I see the success of the KOR MX somewhat depends on LHJ's plays. I don't want to argue that it's always up to woman in MX. But on the three tourneys, LHJ did many errors with not much information/experiences about MJ who have shown extraordinary performance recently. As MJ is rising as a top-ranked player, the KOR duo will need more games with her to anticipate her playing styles. IMO, at the next rematch, I'm optimistic for KOR as they will then know much more about MJ. (And ZB was in a very good form at the games.)

One more thing to note is... in 2009 Swiss Open, right one day before he played with LHJ in the final against ZB/MJ (which was the first match among the Final matches), he and SBC finished over-one-hour fierce battle against Boe/Mogensen which was the last match among the Semi-finals and finished after midnight! In sum, It was the last match he did through the whole Europe tours. In Swiss, LHJ was not bad, but in this case, LYD looked very tired as you can check how his movements were not that effective while ZB, who plays MX only, was flying over the court.

(Note he had played all MX and MD for the three weeks as he usually advance to the SF or F.) (Against Boe/Mogensen, they was leading but in rubber set, you can check how SBC, who is younger than LYD, making errors.)

I think LYD now know how MJ plays and I'm still go for him that he will manage MJ in his next matches with her.

2. MD

Until JJS/LYD rising as 2008 AE champion, they had to store up sufficient experiences about world top-rankers. LYD was learning the others' playing styles ascribing them into his body. Finally, from 2008 AE, they started to show super performance, never lose to WR #1 and #2 Cai/Fu and Kido/Markis afterwards. Especially watch the video of AE 2008 SF against the MAS uncles to know how LYD saved the rubber set from 16-20; that's because he then knew how the uncles moved around court. (I have a bunch of things to prove about his learned plays. Just reflect that he always win the rubber set - why? - because he then came to learn how his opponents play. If you are occasional player in your club, you might know how this works IN PLAY.)

However, the most difficult style they can manage looks of danish. Rasmussen is a peculiar one who had failed KORs in many ways. (You surely know how KDM/LKM lost to him and Olsen in 2004 Athens Olympics.)

BTW, in the most recent game, which was 2009 KOR Open SF, JJS/LYD completely defeated the DEN team with absolute scores; It was reported a revenge match after 2008 Beijing defeat to them. (In the KOR Open, they lost in Final against another DEN team, Boe/Mogensen, in which, if you see the video, you might detect how the younger Danish players did something strange to make it through their seniors loss one day before. Reasonable excuse.) And in the 2009 Swiss Open, LYD could have won over the team even with rookie, SBC, which turned to be failure with SBC's lack of experiences as the commentator said about that.

OK, that's my partial argument to prove how LYD is an outstanding learning player in current world badminton.

I "don't" think that LYD is a good smasher(his smash speed is just so and so and look his jump-smash form which is very awkward) or a fast-moving, etc. player. But, he has very good credential for a badminton player, that is "sense of anticipation". (He looks very fast moving. Actually I would say No, he just moves effectively with anticipation that makes him look move faster.)

And this sense is acquired after learning in the situations on the court through the real games against another players. He always, hits the bird after checking all moves of his opponents and the court status. In slow videos, it would be helpful if you can check how differently he sends the bird and how uniquely he moses back and forth to manage his opponents.

So, he plays with knowledge of his opponents. If he faces a new strong opponents, he would lose. But after some learning time, He turns to be "yet another" player to the same opponents; he plays differently in a very brilliant way.

LYD is very likely of winning in the rubber set. And,
    LYD is very likely of winning in the next match against new rising faces like MJ. (New rising stars can win LYD a couple of games, but not in later ones.)

Last words, I'm not saying he's a super-man, never losing, ever-winning. Just forgive me as I have somewhat exaggerated about his ability to make it noticeable. Thanks! :)

#2009 narnia, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  10. narnia

narnia Regular Member

... one more addition in his MX performance.

Do you think that LYD plays better than Nova or Limpele?

I think Nova or Limpele has much better abilities than LYD as for badminton skills.
    But, LYD plays more brilliantly that makes him different from other players. He knows how Nova or Limpele moves on the court (in MX, I see INA man usually covers mid-fronts keeping his lady in his back.) and he knows how to make winning against those better players.

Yeah, this is one of the key credentials for a good badminton player and every badminton lovers know it. And I'm saying that LYD is super in this aspect.

If you want me to state another player in this aspect, I would say Park Joo Bong, Kim Dong Moon in KOR, Tony Gunawan, Hendra Setiawan in INA and Gao Ling who have just married - Congratulations!

:)

#2010 narnia, May 3, 2009
    Last edited: May 3, 2009
  11. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Just finished to read ur post narnia
    ^_^
    hahaha ....
    Agree With u ...

All the people who hates Yong Dae
    or who happy for his Loses on last European Tournament should read ur post
    (of course i'm not talking about u event ^_^)

btw ...
    maybe i'm not watching all his game
    but til now ...
    the most Game i love ever is
    AE 2008 SF ...

The game that prove he is one of the most talented Athlete in his age ...

hmm ... so many Great Badminton Player Nowadays
    but Yong Dae is one of Young age Player who won Great Title ^_^

Hwaiting Yong Dae ^_^

12. kkliong

kkliong Regular Member

manager
    lol......................................

13. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

NEW UPDATE PICT ON HAMPYUNG BUTTERFLY FESTIVAL
    (FROM: CYWORLD BLOG)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

Narnia or Event ...
    there is An update News from Staryongdae ...
    Would u tell us what the News said??

this is the LINK

n this is the picture from the News
    [​IMG]

Credit: StarYongDae

thx b4 ^_^

15. YeLLoWind

YeLLoWind Regular Member

New Pict from Blog

[​IMG]

maybe not New Pict

hmm i think YD wanna said that he's getting ready for Sudirman Cup ...

hope that i'm right ^_^

haha

16. Sabby

Sabby Regular Member

student
    omg...the little girl damn cute la...hm....btw r u sure it's saying that he's ready for the SC? cuz the date at the picture....hm....2005....

#2016 Sabby, May 7, 2009
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
  17. Dolpstar

Dolpstar New Member

narnia: i agree with u... your opinion is just like my opinion...
    hope the best to yong dae oppa...

winda:
    i'm still trying to translate yong dae's news....:)
    wow,so many photo in this thread...
    good job winda....;)
    hope narnia come back soon....

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

wow, yong dae is indeed a BIG star already in korea and in the eyes of the world:cool:;)

19. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yep, in his age of 20, he did it. It's quite contrary to the old uncles like KDM, HTG, who after gaining Olympic Golds all retired.

YD said he is aiming again for 2012 London Olympics for another Golds. :)

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

in which category? XD or MD?:)