ES5Pro sale

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by silentheart, Nov 9, 2009.

1. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Should try ES5 ProTech!! Now that is the BOMB!!! 45degree manual tilt, better on the stringer's back. Nice looking at 2009 US Open and 2009 Pan American Championships. OCBC just got one and there is 1 in Nor Cal AK Badminton in Newark.

2. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Out of curiosity, who strings your rackets? Thanks!!

3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

there are videos showing that Yonex ES5Pro has the side-support add-on special for badminton .....
    is it possible to know whether it can be sold separately ? where and how much ?

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Sorry, they are not sold separately.

5. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

kakinami,

since you said you can get a new one for around 5k, the sensible thing for silentheart is to offer you 4.5k, if he knows you personally you might be able to tweak his ears. but he already said it's from a dear friend he knows so obviously he trusts his personal friend.

45 degrees tilt? phiten necklace will do the trick for the stringers neck:)! placebo effect or otherwise:D.

didn't someone said: curiosity killed the cat:)? obviously it's not you:)! you must be one heck of a stringer for the pros!

have a great weekend.

cheers,
    MetalOrange

#45 MetalOrange, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  6. silentheart

OK, the answer everyone is waiting for. No, I am not getting it. Why? my wife call it a "toy" which is true. Also, the time saving is about 5~10 min per racquet and this is just a side job. The last thing is it will take about 3 years to recoup the cost with $3 increase per string job. Sorry for Peter The Greatest and No Good Panda would not get to use one...

7. MetalOrange

MetalOrange Regular Member

silentheart,

uh-hmmm. see you are prudent. btw, i've moved my gold and platinum in june (too soon? i can't tell. who knows what's in it for 2k10? Barry O might know but i'm sure he's not telling...Bernanke, i hear nothing audible.). so no bling-bling. just brand new nothing or to be exact, 3 ArcZS (as i've hold out on the Arc 10) and 1 Cab 35 (...balance). that's it.

cheers,
    MetalOrange

#47 MetalOrange, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009
  8. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Thanks!! Yo that tilt does help, keeps my back straighter when doing crosses. You feel it when you do 20 rackets a day for 5 days straight.

9. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Peter and Panda can come by my shop and play with ES5 ProTech, I dont mind.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I have a very strong feeling..

..the last reason basically trumps the other 2 reasons...Now, if only master Pete would donate that $5000, i'm sure the "toy" will already be parked in the garage...:cool:

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It will be a pleasure to see you weave those cross strings like there were no friction at all. The last time I watched you string was at the 1st GGBC Open.

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The Stickman is book nerd with a very limited budget . . . :p

13. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    Kakinami, may I suggest u put this on a video (u-tube or something) and give us all the opportunity to appreciate the master. No, Truely I am sincere. :)

14. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Thanks!! To be honest I am very slow as a stringer, I think that is what makes me a good tournament stringer. Its all about consistancy, straightening out string before the pull and also after, making sure there is no slippage and I think as a stringer all about having fun!! Yea it kinda sucks when you have 60 rackets in front of you with 2 stringers and you can only do 20 a day, but just cant stress!! I love it!!

15. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Thanks!!! Do you string? If you do and are in the area I invite you to demo the machine. Anyone interested in trying out the Es5 Protech give me a holla and stop by my shop. The whole reason I have it is to show it off and let clubs/people interested in buying one try it out. I dont mind if you dont want to buy it, but if you are a stringing enthuisist, and want to try it come by my shop!!

16. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

boss Alan ... do you sell the special side-support for badminton of ES5 Pro machine ? or maybe you can help to get it ? thanks

17. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Unfortuanetly Yonex USA cant get a lot of cool or necessary things. I recommend finding a shop in Japan Maybe try Shuttle House,Shops in Japan can almost get anything!!

18. silentheart

1) Please note that ES5Pro do come with all the badminton accessories when you purchase the machine. If you bought an used one and you do not have the side supports for badminton, please ask the person you bought it from.
    2) If you bought it new or directly from Yonex in your region and the side suppoers are missing (which is very unlikely) please contact Yonex in your region and they can and should get one for you without too much problem.
    3) If you want to use Yonex side support on other brand machine, sorry, not going to fit.
    4) If you really want one and can not get one, it will be cheaper to take a picture of the side support and take it to a shop and custom build a set.
    Good luck.

19. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    I do it for pleasure too, but keen to learn as much as possible. The video was not to chk the speed but to appreciate the work. I agree that speed is NOT the No1 matter in stringing. It is foremost a good job done. All the best.

20. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

If Kwun or Illusion record it I am down for it, I dont have a camera to video sorry. I think best way to learn and share would be String Fest 101 possiably 2nd weekend (Dec 12-13) if we can get it going!!