Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no worry my friend
    acording to krisna,sandy and badmania
    there is still plenty of talent in ina:)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I personally don't agree with the bolded statement.

Yes, Riyanto Subagja lost in the QF to a player he had beaten before. But you forget that he was involved in a tiring and perhaps emotionally-charged R16 match against Zulfadli Zulkiffli (who is seeded 3/4) :cool: Not to mention, he will only turn 17 next week. So, comparing to Riyanto's R16 defeat at the AJC, he has at least improved to QF at the WJC and has secured one ticket to the WJC. Personally, I will still rate Riyanto as INA's best prospect in MS for the next few years and he will definitely be competing in next year's AJC & WJC. Let's see how he perform against Viktor Axelsen next year.

Evert Sukamta is another prospect that I would like to see maturing in the next 1-2 years and his SF finish at the AJC is a good result for him.

Shesar Hiren Rhustavito also got his first taste of AJC & WJC this year and this boy has just turned 16 only. So, he will have another 2 years competing in the junior-level.

Perhaps another emerging talent is Fikri Ikshandi, who just turned 15 this year and has already won two back-to-back Sirnas titles in 2010. Jonathan Christie (will turn 13 this year) and Andrew Susanto (will turn 14 this year) are still raw and they will need at least 1-2 years of competition in Sirnas to mould them into the like of Riyanto.

As for the BD Department, despite Dandi/Jones's slightly disappointing finish at the WJC this year, I am not worried as INA has a long line of successor. Look out for Praveen Jordan (will turn 17 tomorrow) and Kevin Sanjaya Sukamulyo (will turn 15 this year). This year alone, both players have won 3 out of 4 tourneys in BD in the Remaja and Taruna Divisions (including the Candra Wijaya Championships yesterday).

3. naistav

naistav Regular Member

It is true that there are plenty of successors, but other countries have their prospects too. And their youngsters defeat INA more often than INA youngsters beat them. Then goes another year and another next year.
    I understand Riyanto' condition and hope that he would be our next future MS. But if RS is really really good as of Intanon that I envy from THA, he wouldn't face problem he got from Zulfadli and we pick it as 'excuse'. If RS continue his performance and progress like this, we should bear in mind that Zulfadli, Axelsen, Praneet, etc will also grow and progress as well. In the future, where would he be?

4. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Haha, and there are plenty of talents in MAS, DEN, CHN, THA, JPN.
    And INA couldn't prove that INA talents are better as there are no measurable comparison, eh? :D. And then INA seems couldn't secure that their talents will grow and progress faster or even equal to other countries.
    This also happened similarly to MAS, right? :cool:

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA players are not known for maturing when they are in their junior years and that has always been a fact for so many years.

Let me just ask you the simple question. How many of the AJC & WJC winners from junior years eventually matured into All-England, World Championships, or Olympics winners in their senior-years (with the exception of WD)?

INA themselves have Richi Puspita Dili/Debby Susanto as AJC winners not so long ago. But they are eventually split up. The same goes for Rendy Sugiarto/Angga Pratama.

We just have to wait and see if these junior players can mature to be better players in their senior years.

6. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Ok, I'll try to use CHN as ideal reference in term of achievements and domination. From wikipedia:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Junior_Badminton_Championships#Individual
    We can see that some names disappeared for various reasons, but CHN domination in Juniors reflect their current domination, perhaps with different names. We did stole one or two in OG and WC. But we were better than CHN, right? And CHN recent years should tell us all about relationship between junior achievements and better possibility for senior level achievement.
    Anyway, I just want INA to have more in quantity and quality of youngsters with good competition and potential and rise as early as possible to make continuous development to senior years.

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That is only possible if we have a domestic circuit, which only starts to get more competitive in 2009. From there, we can select the talented players who will then hopefully get sent to AJC & WJC and start to shine.

Of course, not to mention the willingness of club owners to send their players to junior tourneys or International Series & Challenge tourneys within Asia.

I personally think we are going in the right direction but the process is still going to take time. Forget about the current generation of MS & WS players that we have in Pelatnas Pratama. They will not make it. Instead, I will rather wait for the next generation, starting from Evert and Riyanto.

8. copadh

copadh Regular Member

I've discussed this matter once with Butet after Vita left pelatnas. She 'politely' reject this idea and said, it's not easy to find a right partner. I thought there's no 'chemistry' between her and Greys.

9. naistav

naistav Regular Member

I see, got your point here. I really hope these to work out and continue into a better condition and then wipe out my worried about INA recent 10 years performance as trends to INA badminton future.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

INA's performance in the past 10 years from 2001-2010 have been impressive in terms of major titles:
    2 Gold Medals in the Olympics (MS in 2004 and MD in 2008)
    1 Silver Medal (XD in 2008)
    2 Bronze Medals (MS and MD in 2004)
    5 World Championships (MS in 2001, 2005; MD in 2007; XD in 2005, 2007)
    2 All-Englands (MD in 2001, 2003)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah
    we didnt have domestic circuit and seklatnas(not sure how to spell):(
    and the junior doesnt send to national tournament too

erm
    no one ever mention that malaysia have plenty of talents;)
    so
    we dont have the problem:p

12. naistav

naistav Regular Member

For me, it's not too impressive for two reasons:
    1. Compared to CHN have
    2. The trend seems showing downhill curve (not taking any statistic analyzing here :D)

OG 2000-2008 standing:
    Gold Silver Bronze
    CHN 10 4 7
    INA 3 3 3
    KOR 2 4 3
    MAS 0 1 0
    DEN 0 1 1

WC AE
    CHN 20 32
    KOR 1 5
    INA 5 2
    MAS 0 3
    DEN 2 5
    US 1 0
    UK 1 1
    IND 0 1
    Note:
    INA won two WC medals through MD and XD in 2007.

For Thomas Cup:
    Gold Silver Semifinal
    CHN 3 1 1
    INA 2 1 2
    KOR 0 1 2
    MAS 0 1 2
    DEN 0 2 2
    Note:
    CHN won TC 2004-2006-2008. INA didn't enter Final since 2004.

Uber Cup.. I am too lazy for it, since it's definitely not good for INA, however INA won Silver Medal on last UC (2008), after last achievement was only Semifinalist at 2000. I hope 2010 we at least enter SF.:D

So, if compared to MAS, KOR, DEN.. INA is still beter. But, if someone could provide SS title standing, I guess INA is now slightly behind MAS, KOR and DEN. Hope my guess is wrong hehehe

13. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Oh I see, because you took safe position :cool:
    If MAS didnt achieve, you are 'safe' :D

14. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Err...thats not correct if I am not wrong :cool: Malaysia does have National Circuits, which is similar to INA's Sirnas. In 2009, BAM organized:
    Proton Pahang Open
    Proton Trengganu Open
    Proton National Grand Prix Finals
    100Plus National Junior Circuit (First Leg and Second Leg)
    100Plus National Junior Inter-State Championships

Not to mention, the juniors also have the opportunity to participate in some Asian IS & IC tourneys.

15. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

If we sent the junior in full team and PBSI managed well, I think we have chance.

Best chance on XD.
    Ricky/Della have met both finalist, in team Ricky/Della beat Kang/Choi and lost to Liu/Bao, both match finished in closed match. I say Ricky/Ayu Pratiwi are better than Ricky/Della, so many mistakes from Della on those match.

2nd chance on WD.
    Tiara/Suci are Finalist on WJC 2009, beat Bao Yixin and pair lost to Tang Jinhua/Xia Huan in Final.
    I don't believe Tiara & Rosalia can't be united because of personal conflict, I think someone has blown up too much and has different reason. However they can manage to WJC Final when under "conflict"
    This year WD has bigger chance if the combination are Tiara/Suci & Della/Gebby.
    Next year Tiara & Suci still able to play in Junior, hopefully they will be paired again.

3rd chance on MS
    If Evert Sukamta also sent to WJC, Riyanto won't be fight lonely as Riyanto has problem on long schedule on Team & Individual match.

MD
    This is the best what we have, need improvement in next time.

WS
    If we sent the best WS, we, still can't challenge on the elite world junior WS.

#1795 Sandy, Apr 25, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2010
  16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yes
    malaysia had the most ss title behind china
    can refer to alany file:)

well
    those are all played by bjss and state player
    they have know each other game since under 12 division(mean they meet each other from 11 years old to 18 years old)
    how to improve?
    the circuit in indonesia is better because
    each club is sending their best

i cant recall any of the bjss get to play in asian is and ic(only youth commmenwealth)
    zulfadli is not included as he is not member of bjss
    only one tournament i can recall is the one sonia won in ina last year
    but i forget what tournament is that

17. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's effectively the same as INA's National Circuit because those players of the same age level will play against each other so frequently and they know each others game well enough. That was why Riyanto Subagja went a level up to compete in the Adults Category so that he knows what type of players he eventually will face next time. True enough, players like Fauzi Adnan beat him comfortably in 2-sets.

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hehe
    but player in malaysia cannot select their own age group:(
    thats why i prefer indonesia circuit
    if choice given
    i choose ina circuit

19. copadh

copadh Regular Member

Don't forget another OG bronze medal WS (2008)

20. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    hey guys, how did the thomas uber cup simulation in solo go?is there a thread for it in BC?