Li Xuerui ( 李雪芮 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by cobalt, Nov 4, 2011.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

If anyone can't handle the crowd, they don't deserve to be called a champion.

To call the crowd uncivilized is an insult to Indonesia. On the contrary, the atmosphere generated was electric and this is what badminton should be about. If you want silence, go play in your own backyard.

LXR played well throughout. She was simply outgrinded by Saina and her strategy in the end and also made too many uncharacteristic errors.

But definitely credit to Saina.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Trolling seems to be a popular past time these days. Time for the boss to clamp down on it once and for all. :cool:

3. unno100

unno100 New Member

the cheering was very one sided. it was evident many times that saina got more cheers because she was not chinese and not because her shots were spectacular. not saying her shots were not spectacular, but i don't think the anti setimistic values the crowd showed towards LXR and chinese players in general was very good. saina played a very well match, kudos to her, LXR made many unforced errors.

4. kenjai7373

kenjai7373 Regular Member

indonesia will never cheer for chinese players lolz. only good thing if they dont cheer against.

5. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I was a bit surprised that LXR lost, but I guess we all expected way too much from the youngster. She has inexperience in big moments. It's strange though that she didn't take the body smashes that well because if I recall correctly, SN is known for using them.

This makes things very interesting with OG around the corner.

6. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    WOW! Talk about being a sour losers... Chinese fans really can't take their player's defeat well at all... Why is that a Chinese players loses only because they "gifted" the points. And why is that when a Chinese players win its because they won purely on their own talent not because of points "gifted" to them by the non-chinese players.
    From what I remember just like today, last year, WY won only because SN committed too many errors there by "gifting" WY crucial points and that's how WY won.

OK. Let me give my true opinion. I don't think anyone gifted any of their points, neither SN (last year to WY) nor LXR (yesterday to SN). They were made to make those errors. WY was on an awesome run of form last year during this period and she made unbelievable shots look damn easy and when you are playing such a player it obviously effects the opponent psychologically and they get intimidated, unsure of what and how to play there by making errors.
    This year SN took great measures to understand why she lost and what she lacked last year. It turns out that she needed to improve her netplay and needs to be more agile (which were the main reasons why she lost to WY last year).
    LXR on the other hand is in the form of her life. I couldn't believe my eyes yesterday when she played some of the shots and made me say WOW! is that even possible? She simply outplayed SN at the net with her deft touches which were simply marvelous and her smashes were like stinging needles which can demoralize any player in the world.

Badminton is not only about sheer "Talent". Its also about mental strength, determination, will power, focus, physical strength and agility. And Chinese are well known for this... But thinking only Chinese can achieve these is utter foolishness. Most of the times best of players can do with just talent, physical strength and agility to win. But sometimes they will come across a player who is either equal or better.

Definitely LXR lost because of her uncharacteristic errors. But we also need to see the other side of the coin as well. She was made to make those errors and not because she wanted to and mind you, a terrific inform player will not make mistakes unless they are made to. She saw how SN defeated WSX in the QF. It was playing in the back of her mind and also there was this OG selection by CBA. She was well prepared for SN's netplay which she countered excellently. But for the last six months, she had not come across a player who was returning some of her shots which she thought were supposed to be winners. Another important point that needs to taken in to consideration is that, SN played 10 matches in last two weeks out of which 6 went the full distance. This itself speaks volumes for SN. If you notice, SN did not play many outright smash winners, which she played again WSX in QF, because she was unable to get behind the shuttle quickly enough as she was fatigued. Since she could not play those shots she changed her tactics mid match to playing body smashes as LXR was outplaying her at the net. And this turned out to be crucial in the G3.
    Today LXR, despite being a better player in the match, lost because she lacked mental strength, fighting spirit (which was surprising) and most of all she lacked experience in a situation like this. And SN had a lot of experience in this department.
    Today's win will in no way assure SN getting a medal at OG but it will surely boost her confidence. After their defeats here in INA, I am worried how hard and ruthless will the Chinese come down on her and other players. Nevertheless, I enjoyed this tournament to the fullest. I am glad to see that the Chinese got some challenge. All the best to the players for OG!!!

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think LXR was visibly tired at the 2nd game. and i suspect that she was so because she overestimated or misjudged her fitness level. by the mid 2nd game, she was practically crippled around the court with slow movement that was a total contrast to the 1st game. when one runs out of energy, focus and shot accuracy naturally degrades. and then with Saina playing better and better from game 2 on, the victory was hers.

while the 1st game was impressively done, the tactical misjudgement is her primary down fall of the match.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    One of the most amazing runs in recent history in WS has come to an end. But that is simply because any run must end some time. LXR is one helluva player! :D

lxr008.jpg

9. rosid

rosid Regular Member

Student
    have you ever been in Istora Stadium?? I guess never.

Indonesia have ever cheer for Chinese players. example Bao Chunlai. many teenagers like him.

----
    LXR played well today in G1, she is just not experience enough to handle situation like this, like what Wang Yihan did last year.

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    A big headache for the Chinese selectors.;)

11. keenobserver

keenobserver Regular Member

retired
    not really...the chinese selectors have more or less confirmed that WYH,WX & LXR will be going to LOG...the recent senarios are prob their game plans but china WILL DEFINITELY strike gold in the WS dept !!!...

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Thomas Cup 2008 final, Bao CL vs Lee HI was unforgettable.

13. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    agreed on 'more or less'. but for winner? i still stay neutral. ;)

14. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

may i know why? thanks.

it's good though that LXR lost. she already run a very smooth journey till now, run a very sweet 'dream', and someone must wake her up to reality again, to let her realized that there is still many great WS players in her future. and this time, that person is Saina. i think this lost can be a good experience for her in the future if she can pass it.

peace. :D

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    #355 pcll99, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  16. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    That... only time will tell... We can only hope that everyone gives their best and provide us the high quality badminton...

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

18. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    It's good for LXR to lose to SN. If LXR didn't face SN in IO, the Chinese coaches may not know her weakness, it will be too late in London. There are still 2 months before going to London. If LXR is able to handle the shots to her body better and controls her nerve in London, she will be way more dangerous. I still think LXR will be the best bet in London.

#358 Qidong, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  19. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It's probably the very first time that LXR lost a game after holding 2 game/match points!
    Nerves? Definitely!!
    But something else was also happening in Game 2 and 3 to LXR, and it appeared that she did not have the physical edge in game 3 that she normally has shown until now. Again, I think it was a combination of 2 things:

** Nerves/adrenaline stemming from the atmosphere in Istora. A player can find it difficult to think and apply tactics, and is often reduced to reactive play. This hapened to LXR on a few occasions, and her wrist kept dropping from stress.

** Missing the undeniably calming and guiding influence and clarity of ZN! This IMO, is the biggie! LXR will have to find her own way out of the dependancy tangle that she, WYH and WSX have gotten themselves into! The other 2 players, WX and WL are much less affected by this, IMO, because of their mental/psychological makeup...

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    yeah, agree with everything u said.

LXR seemed so casual, nonchalant or indifferent throughout, even at the end of Game 2. It was very strange.