[Suggestion] Add a "seller feedback" section

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by blindfury, May 21, 2009.

1. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

it will be great if kwun can add a section of "seller feedback", not necessary impliment a feedback system, but simply open up a section where user can post message in regards to their transaction.

this system is aimed to increase security of international private sales, it has worked well for balisong forums, i imagine it will work great here too.

-Arthur

2. krisss

krisss Regular Member

Sounds like a nice idea :)

3. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

it will be interest to hear what kwun thinks about this.... 2010 and im still waiting :D

4. druss

druss Regular Member

I think a feedback system is a great idea. I buy and sell a lot online, especially RC related items and feedback is an important component of who I'm willing to deal with.

5. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

this is not looking good, guys... one thousand view and only 2 replies.... lol, can't blame kwun for not taking this idea seriously when looking at its statistics like this.

6. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    You can pm him the suggestion if you want him to see it directly.

7. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    it will be not a good idea.
    first of all, BadmintonCentral is not a place for members to gain profit in B&S section. that is why dealer or any individual is prohibited to sell new stuff above market rate. B&S section is to help members disposing their used rackets.
    there are few threads before, complaining 1 or 2 member. it does not end in good manner.
    in the rules and regulations, kwun (BC) already clearly clarify that BC will not hold any responsibility in any transaction.

8. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

are you speaking on behalf of kwun? :p

9. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

kwun actively browses this place, he must have seen this but chose not to deal with it, perhaps an idea that he doesn't want to fully accept or deny yet, i don't see any point of pming him...

10. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
    nor do you speaking on behalf of other members. ;)

11. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

of course not, closest thing to it came to is agreement from two members.

but your response seems very "certain".... perhaps a bit of ignorance as well :p

allow me to point out few things,

first of all, BadmintonCentral is not a place for members to gain profit in B&S section.

gaining profit or not, it's up to the buyer/seller.

that is why dealer or any individual is prohibited to sell new stuff above market rate.

at the moment, dealers and individuals are NOT prohibited.
    they get bashed hard and eventually lower the price.
    the point is: they have the freedom to put whatever pricetag they want.

B&S section is to help members disposing their used rackets.

if the function is just to dispose, i think a garbage bin will do.

in the rules and regulations, kwun (BC) already clearly clarify that BC will not hold any responsibility in any transaction.

and to open a feedback section, BC still does not hold any responsibility in any transaction, in both legal and common sense.

12. druss

druss Regular Member

As someone who buys used items online quite a bit... a feedback section does not make BC any more responsible than a buy/sell section does. It allows both buyers and sellers to let other buyers and sellers know how their transaction went so that new buyers/sellers are comfortable in dealing with that person. Right now it's a guessing game, especially for those that ship.

I'm a member of 4-5 different forums dedicated to RC (remote control) vehicles and every one of them has a buy/sell section and also offer a feedback ability. Many people on here sell personal used rackets quite often. The ability to know that the person is trustworthy is valuable and does not place any more responsibility on BC as the people leaving the feedback do so on their own. Just because one person gives a positive or negative feedback to a seller/buyer does not mean that BC is endorsing (or not endorsing) that seller. What it does do is put pressure on both sellers and buyers to act in an honest manner if they want to perform any further transactions on here.

13. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

cannot agree with you more, druss.

let's factor in all the concern, risk, and potential... the idea of opening up a feedback section can only do more good than bad.

a feedback section is not a radical idea... i don't understand why anyone would fear it. look around other forums me and druss suggested, they do their jobs beautifully.

14. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

+1
    also, having a volunteer committee to oversee the feedback is important
    there can/will be cases of feedback fraud
    the details are intricate, but there are many models around to build upon and work from
    i can provide a few good examples if you guys want

ultimately, like blindfurry said, BC will not be accountable for any loss, the final decision to do the transaction is up to the buyer/seller
    the feedback just acts as an extra piece of information on the reliability of both parties

15. PeNaNGKia

PeNaNGKia New Member

i agree! so we get leave the feedback behind.. for future buyers/sellers, good idea. Alot forums have this system already.

16. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

i know!!!!! :eek:

but for some reason, people hesitate to post their agreement here.... even though they agree in other posts. :confused:

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

we need kwun to answer one and for all;)

18. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    I think first & foremost BC is not a trading site, it is a discussion forum. The Market place attracts a lot of commercial sellers, which by the rules of BC are banned. The market place takes a lot of Moderators time in removing commercial sellers & informing the members the reasons why they are removed.

By adding a feedback area it encourages an area of activity which BC does not really want & will inevitably increase the subsequent workload & time pressure on the moderators.

Numerous threads discussing members have been locked/deleted. BC is not responsible for any transactions undertaken through the medium of the site - you enter into a sale at your own risk.

The very fact Kwun hasn't replied speaks for itself IMHO.