Badminton shop in butterworth, penang.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by kennyng, Apr 3, 2008.

1. aloy66

aloy66 Regular Member

Anyone knows the address, e-mail and phone number of Finn Sports? Thanks.

2. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Badminton shops I visited in Penang

1. Young Ones, Jalan Mahsuri, Bayan Baru near Sunshine City. Very limited range of racquets here but bought a dozen Karakal super grips which was slightly cheaper than what I paid in Honly, JB. Racquets are mainly low to lower mid-end models.

They have a bigger shop in town along Burmah Road with a wider range of racquets which includes higher end models according to the staff here. The customers who patronise here are more affluent. I did not visit that branch but only pass by the shop.

Young Ones (Main Branch)
    50-52 Burmah Road, Penang 10050
    Tel: 04-2299555

Young Ones (Bayan Baru)
    42-44 Jalan Mahsuri, Penang 11950
    Tel: 04-5412233

2. Lee Hoe & Co. (KOMTAR, Georgetown) shop facing MacAlister Road.
    Also very limited range with only a few high-end models. I took a model of a Dunlop shoe on the display window.

3. Creative Sports, MacAlister Road, (short walk from Lee Hoe). They have a branch in Bayan Baru also but did not visit that branch.

Wider range of racquets here and staff (the guy) was helpful and knowledgeble. Offered me 15% off the sticker price on the racquets. Nearly tempted to buy 2 Carltons here with one of them a more expensive woven model. Never owned a Carlton and did not want to start a precedent now and resisted the temptation. Both racquets feel and looks good.. Yonex high-end models more expensive than Singapore even after the discount. Spotted a Ti-10 2nd gen there. Penangites looking for this racquet can make a beeline there ;)

Creative Sports
    50 MacAlister Road, Penang 10400
    Tel: 04-2276325
    Shop Manager: Shirley Lee

Attached Files:

3. aramistuscany

Badminton shops I visited in Penang, cont'd

Finn Enterprise, Kek Chuan Road off MacAlister Road behind Masjid Pakistan, a mosque (short walk from Creative Sports).

Pleasant, knowledgeble and helpful owner. uite a wide range of racquets, badminton gear but high-end racquet models you have to order as they don't stock it. You have to place a small deposit for this. Gosen you can collect it in 2 days (order from Gosen KL distributor) but Yonex it will take a week. Proace racquets have a buy 1 get 1 free promotion but not tempted. They have quite a number of customers there when I was there. Apparently this shop is more reputable and prices and service are better. Unfortunately what he have in stock did not interest me unless I make an order and collect another day. A shop would recommend.

Another shop I think its Mighty Sports or Mega Sports along Burmah Road just down the road from Young Ones going towards Tune Hotel which I did not visit but only pass by when I took the bus to Gurney Plaza. Maybe someone can fill-in about this place. I have to make my visit there my next trip to Penang.

Other shops in Batu Maung, Butterworth and Air Itam I heard about but did not have time to visit. Next trip!

Attached Files:

4. superstar19

superstar19 Regular Member

yoyoy.... i know this is a long shot but can someone get me price for carbonex 30 ms in penang?

5. justinwyyau

justinwyyau Regular Member

Husband and Dad
    Bestech Trading, located on Level 3 of the YMCA Building on Macalister Road (opposite Island Hospital).

So far in Penang, in my personal opinion, is the best shop to go to for all your badminton needs. The shop is managed by the lady boss, Irynn and assisted by Connie. Both are very nice and friendly ladies.

They carry everything from shuttles, strings, grips, shoes, racquets, stringing and they also do signboards, banners, t-shirts, name cards, trophies, medals etc. Their trump card is that they stock up on the full range of Yonex and Li-Ning products. Walk into their small shop and you'll be amazed at what you'll find:

Strings: Gosen, Yonex (and some Japan imported models), Ashaway, Victor, Pro Ace, Kx, Li-Ning
    Shuttles: RCL (De Best, No.1, others), Protech (Masterpiece, Millenium, others)
    Shoes: Yonex (SHB-91, 100, 101), Victor (802, 803, 805), Li-Ning
    Bags: Couple of Yonex and Victor bags
    Racquets: Full range of Yonex and Li-Ning and others includes Victor, Fisher, RSL
    Grips: Karakal grips
    Clothing: Yonex socks, shirts and shorts
    Stringing: They have a Victor electronic constant pull stringing machine as well as a manual stringing machine

I always go here for my supply of RCL De Best shuttles and stringing needs and never have been disappointed by them. Have always recommended them to my friends and they too have been converted :)

They are open 7 days a week from 10 am - 10 pm. You can call them at 04 - 228 2968, just ask for Irynn or Connie and say Justin recommended you. Hope they will extend their hospitality to you like they always have done so to me.

Justin.

6. aramistuscany

Next time I am in Penang, I will definitely visit them.

How is their prices compared to the other shops? How much are they selling the Arc Z Slash? Thanks.

7. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Oh please do :)

I did asked them about the Arc Z and the Carbonex 35, they'll bring them in for sure in their next Yonex shipment. I didn't ask the prices cause I never did thought of getting them, but you can call them up and ask.

Generally, I find that they do give a fair bit of discount hence making their prices very competitive if not cheaper than others. Obviously, if you are a regular patron at their shop, discounts comes aplenty :) I like them because they are my 'one-stop' shop for everything, hence saves me the hassle of getting something here, getting it strung there etc.

Justin

8. ivan5805

ivan5805 Regular Member

Shop name : Teong sports
    Person in charge : Teong
    jus bought kason racket from him damm nice service!!! the price also very cheap!! ah teong is a damm funny guy !!

9. justinwyyau

Husband and Dad
    Just visited them yesterday. They have the top of the range Li-Ning racquets for in stock and for sale (including the N90) and have a couple of Li-Ning racquets strung up for demo too if you want. There is a badminton court next to the shop for you to demo :)

They are also having a promotion now: Spend RM100 and above and be eligible to purchase a clone racquet (from a selection of 9 racquets) at only RM50.

Justin.

10. nsync

nsync Regular Member

justin, thanks for your info. do you see full range of victor racket there? i'm looking for victor 09/10, is it available? how about the price? thank you :)

11. nsync

nsync Regular Member

Visit bestech yesterday, i can said, this is the shop with the most choice of racket.. all high end racket is in stock... :)

12. bob_jabba83

bob_jabba83 Regular Member

Lecturer
    Got alot of Victor racket ar? how much they are selling For BS 09???????? thanx

13. kulcha

kulcha Regular Member

Hi, may I ask where can I find YY NBG95 string at Penang. I'll be back Penang during Lunar New Year and will need to string both of my racquets before playing with friends. Thanks

14. bob_jabba83

Lecturer
    Penang Badminton shop

I do got an oopotunity to visits few of the badminton shop that being posted. i went to creative, bukit dumbar and bestec. also went to finn But yesterday it is closed. So in my opinion all of them do give a good customer service especially the creative sports. but the best shop with the best line of stocks is Bestec at YMCA building. Full line of yonex,victor,Li ning and other brand rackets. shoes also a lot to choose from. Sooo do go there if interested...

15. aramistuscany

Definitely will pay Bestec a visit on my next trip to PG.

16. bob_jabba83

Lecturer
    You better be. best in penang

17. bob_jabba83

Lecturer
    Shw-8000

Make a call to Bestec just now, asking for victor shoes, shoes that korean team wearing now, wow the price is almost same as BS 09 wooo. Before discount of couse. So is it worth it guys?????? to buy shoes with that price? but i really like the design.

18. lookeong

lookeong Regular Member

IT Networking
    Hi

Seems like so good ya... will going to pay them a visit on next week..
    Thanks for the info Justin ;)

Darren Ng

19. Cyclone1

Cyclone1 Regular Member

Guyz, where can I find cheap Yonex shoe huh? With power cushion that 1. I visited Bestech already they dun hv the 1 i wan.

20. KongExplore

KongExplore Regular Member

Student
    who else know any shop in penang still have ti 10 2nd stock?