Chen Jin ( 陈金 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Unbeaten for nearly 5 years,incredible!!! If true (maybe someone could help verify it), then Yu Yang/Wang Xiaoli's achievement pales in comparison, they couldn't maintain it for even a year.

Wonder what's the MS record for unbroken run of wins. (Sorry, wrong thread).

May I trouble you to provide the source if you have it? Links to interview or article,thanks.

2. sophia_z11

sophia_z11 Regular Member

Here is the link:http://sports.cn.yahoo.com/ypen/20120913/1307265.html
    According to the interview, his girlfriend was a policewoman and she moved from Harbin to Beijing two years ago in order to spend more time with him. Chen Jin's father said that they might get married this year and have the wedding after the national games, but Chen Jin said they will get married the next year.

3. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Wow! Ge Fei and Gu Jun were that great?

thanks for the information, sophia_z11.

4. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

Why has Chen Jin been so inconsistent the past year?

He's still ranked #4 in the world, but I dont think he deserves that ranking. He hasn't played like a world #4.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

According to abedeng,thanks,Chen Jin the past one year is beset by injury problems, not serious enough to take him out yet not that minor as not to affect his game.

I'm inclined to believe that accumulating sufficient experience and attaining a certain level of maturity is required for a player to reach his peak and maintain it for quite a while. It's not over for Chen Jin yet,far from it. Btw,in that article posted by sophia, Chen Jin says he's aiming for Rio '16.

6. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Let's see... Then for Rio, we are (again) going to see:
    1) Lin Dan, who's aiming for hattrick,
    2) Chen Jin, who's going to give it another shot, and
    3) Chen Long, who's probably still the best among the youngsters.

And here I thought China is always at the forefront when it comes to regeneration. :confused:

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sorry, I may have misquoted him a bit out of context. In response to the reporter's question during the CHN Masters post-match interview, he was actually half joking when he said that,which he related to how marriage seemed to have help some Olympians,particularly Lin Dan, who could better focus on their goals without any worries. So I wouldn't take his words too seriously.

As for Lin Dan, I doubt we'd see him in Rio'16, not least of which is the age factor and lack of motivation.How many adventurers want to conquer Mt Everest more than once or twice?

Assuming the OG qualification is maximum two per country and Chen Long is one of the assured qualifier, the other one is anybody's guess but unlikely to be one of the two above for China. Within a couple of years,expect to see someone else rising to the challenge - remember LXR? Anything can happen in four years, the more so for CHN players.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This is Chen Jin's actual words as reported in that link sophia posted:也许是心情不错,一向低调的陈金也和现场记者开起了“八卦”的玩笑, “你看他们都是生了小孩之后才拿奥运冠军,都结婚了,所以我得加把油,结完婚再打2016年奥运会,就没有后顾之忧了,或者说责任更大,俗话说挣奶粉钱吧。”

My humble translation: Perhaps he was in a good mood,Chen Jin who usually kept a low profile also became gossipy and joked with the reporter present," You see, after having children they become Olympic champions, all married,so I should step on it (work harder),get married and work towards Rio OG 2016 without any worries then (literally,without fear of disturbance or trouble back at home), or ,should I say, responsibilities become heavier and,as the old saying goes,have to make money to buy milk powder."

So judge for yourself, is Chen Jin more serious about marriage or aiming for Rio '16 or both?

9. julianng

julianng Regular Member

CJ probably just toying around with the media. he is NOT aiming high anymore after this... will not be surprised to see his ranking drop further next year.

The best he can do to help out is to give more walkover's to his teammates Du Pengyu or Wang Zhengming...so they can make more progress...

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I'm tired of this. He is getting married soon and has to '挣奶粉钱 ' i.e. literally, 'earn milk powder money', a common Chinese saying which means after marriage and having children,he has the duty to work hard to feed the family - not that milk powder is expensive, it's just a figure of speech. He's only 26 and still has a few good years, a year older than Darren Liew who is 25 if I'm not wrong. Tell me which other country won't want to have him?

11. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

it's no use to give more WO to DPY and WZM if they still not improve their capabilities. they will just have high ranks but average capabilities, and anybody can defeat them. that CBA won't like i think? :D

about CJ to retired, why not? he's once world champion already.

12. zhuangcorp

I'm surprised that Chen Jin can be rank #4, and DuPengyu can be rank #6 in the world. Neither of them have any talent, they just run the court and defend the whole match.

13. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Take it easy there, Chen Jin doesn't only defend all the time, at least not as much as LCW used to do pre-2009, just look at their 2008 AE encounter where Chen Jin was arguably being the more aggressive of the two and therefore won the match.
    Chen Jin has great defense and sometimes it looks like he simply tire out his opponents, that's why he often plays almost 50 minutes matches despite winning it in 2 straight sets, he's a great retriever. Maybe not that fun badminton to watch, but I think badminton fans can learn a lot from him.

14. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Check out my post earlier guyz... as I predicted... a walkover by CJ to WZM.... spot on !!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what this prick is up to...

He's just hanging in there for the ride that CBA is giving him...

15. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee

You are so clever. I didn't see it coming. I thought they will play a fake match.

16. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Hey man !!! how you managed to read CBA's secret documents..??? :D I think you have all the capabilities to replace Li Yongbo ..:) Congrats.

17. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I didn't read any documents... all I saw was Chen Jin face and the secret revealed straight away to me already... :D

He's such a joker this guy nobody takes him seriously anymore...

18. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    i think his time is up....he is just a stepping stone for the youngsters like how BCL once was

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

OK, CJ did it again and you guys relished the chance to vilify him. The last time was to Hu Yun in R2 of CHN Masters. Never mind that his physical condition is suspect and he needs time to rebuild his health if he wants to last until Rio'16.

To be fair,what about those walkovers in the French Open by Sony, Santoso and INA WD? Did anybody say anything? And there are other examples...I've nothing against them, just want to put it into perspective for a balanced view of things.

Why did CJ tried so hard to come from behind to beat Gao Huan after losing G1 yesterday? Since Wang ZM already assured of SF after knocking out Kashyap, why bother to play so hard? After all, Gao Huan should be an easier opponent for WZM.

I found myself in the role of apologist for CJ, what for? It's his life and career, he should know what's best for himself. Same goes for every professional player who dedicate the best part of their lives to the sport, risking severe injury, forgoing other things, family life, privacy, and other opportunity costs, etc,etc.

If they are injured and out of action, nobody really pity them except to pay lip service, other than close friends and family who care. Soon they will be forgotten, consign to history. You are not them and even enjoy the luxury of lampooning them safely hiding behind the cloak of anonymity. Go on, carry on...but before you go to bed at night,just make sure to do some self-reflection so that you can sleep peacefully.

20. zhuangcorp

Can somebody explain to me what happened?

Did Chen Jin get injured? Or did he just give WZM a walkover so WZM can gain some ranking points?