Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Try the ZM65 - it's like 60-70% of the 66UM and so far remarkably similar...

2. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    OK will give it a try - I think I have some in already so maybe I'll stick it on before my next session.

Cheers

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Hey guys,

need your help. I got money to spend and I'm looking for a new racket since a few month. As a attacking minded player I'm used to super stiff rackets. E.g. FZ Ti-550 VS, MX80, SW35 and BS10. I tried flexible rackets in the past and some new flexible rackets from my mates, but I don't benifit from them.
    So I'm willing to get the BS LYD and hold it in my hands in a shop of a friend. But the Arc ZS caught my attention too and I'm curios about a second superstiff FZ. Especially the Kevlar CNT-Power 10000 VS which has the sword frame design. Maybe the BS LYD could to be too flexible for me?
    Maybe some of you can help me to make a decision. :)

4. AlfAhmad

AlfAhmad Regular Member

Student
    lyd is stiff but i do feel a little flex when drive and smash. with good technique and strong arm i think it is possible to flex any racket like what jjs did to his mx80. xp

5. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    I know that I can flex the 550 VS which is the stiffest racket I ever tried, but the BS LYD could be to flexy for me. Like the SP22 which I sold, cause it was too flexy for me.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I dont own one so I'm not 100% sure about it, but to me the BS LYD seemed like a nicely stiff racket to me. Probably on par with the BS10 or a tad stiffer in feeling (because of the smaller, lighter head creating less resistance). It's not very head heavy though. It's definitely not super stiff like the MX80, but should not be too flexible.....definitely recommend it over the Arc ZS (which is not even stiff imop).

7. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Does the BS LYD feels like a less stiff BS10? Can anybody compare? Thank you.:)

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That'll depend on the BS version - afaik there are several with different specs floating around. Mine are 4/5 in both stiffness and balance, and felt about the same as the LYD (which I did not test with good strings though).

9. EP3-R

EP3-R New Member

How much is the LYD in the UK and where can you buy them from?

I haven't seen any in the shops/online shops?

10. T0b11

T0b11 Regular Member

I'm gonna try out the BS LYD next week during my school practices. I am currently playing with a BS08 (discontinued). before guetting the BS08, I tried the BS10 but didn't really like it because of its stifness and it's head weight. Hopefully the BSLYD will suit me good and hope to have a blast ^^ I love the design :p

11. frostmint

frostmint New Member

lecturer
    i do have both BS12 (4U) and BS LYD (3U).. i love BS LYD design too, but im prefer BS12 to play with..more suit to my playing style..maybe because of its stifness and weight, im prefer BS12..

wanna buy my BS LYD? MY code..=)

12. T0b11

T0b11 Regular Member

The BS12 is cool too with its blue color xP i would be interested, but itll depend on your price and shipping. At the shop i go at they sell it a 219,99$ (canadian). Bit first of ill need to check out if ill like it or not ^^You can pm me the price if you want.

13. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you didn't like the BS10, chances are you won't like the LYD. While not quite as stiff, it's close to it...

14. T0b11

T0b11 Regular Member

Maybe, maybe not :p

15. Taufik-LYD

Taufik-LYD Regular Member

ICU staff nurse
    I'm an Arcsaber Z-slash TH user. I love it very much. I'd bought and tried Victor BS-LYD for couple of months, I don't think you'll gonna love it compared to Yonex AC Z-slash TH. Here's my opinion.

Smash power
    Arcsber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

Control and Accuracy
    Arcsaber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

Defence
    Arcsaber Z-S TH=BS-LYD

Clears
    Arcsaber Z-S TH<BS-LYD

Drives
    Arcsaber Z-S TH>BS-LYD

I hope it'll help. I'm keeping my yonex. I sold my Victor BS-LYD, sorry to mention although I'm a Lee Yong Dae fan. I you like MX 80, you better off getting a more flexible one like the MX60, which is less funishing to the arm and elbow.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Hm. Can't agree on the control and can't say much about the smash power. For me, the LYD was much quicker and felt stiffer so it's more controlled for me (and should be for most). It was better in defence due to the speed advantage, same goes for drives.
    I couldn't compare smash power due to the inadequate string on the LYD, but it's quite possible the ZS has the edge there as it's softer and head heavier which suits me better.
    Tbh, your opinion seems a little biased as I've rarely seen anyone rate a racket better in defence AND smashing than a top-of-the-line counterpart ;) Also, why is either racket better in the respective aspects? If you didn't get used to the LYD, it's no wonder it couldn't compare to your go-to...

17. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Cant agree more :) kinda bias comparison made there, no offence bro Taufik-LYD
    I've used BDS LYD for few long session last night and felt the control is pretty good
    Defenses and drives is much easier but the timing off a bit tho :) too quick
    For those who are looking for power smash, tis racket may not suit. Better off wif MX series IMHO

18. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I feel every racket has its strength and weakness.

If want a really powerful racket, there is none other than Li Ning N90 1st generation

19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Don't agree. There are much more rackets. E.G. SW35, AT700, VT80, VTZF and many more. Stop your lovefest.

20. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bs 9 vs bs lyd

Hi Victor Fans: I am thinking of buying BS LYD. Currently i am using BS 9.. How far difference is BS 9 and BS LYD ?

Thanks