Guide: How to Spot Counterfeit Yonex Rackets

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by epermana, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

This may just be coincidental, however someone mentioned to me a while ago that 99% of the fake rackets are not weight balanced at the head of the racket....what I mean by that is if you placed your finger on the shaft at the balance point and let the racket come to rest, the genuine ones will always have the frame head pretty much remain horizontal whilst almost all of the fake ones will roll to a vertical position (suggesting maybe one side of the frame is heavier/lighter than the other).

So I grabbed my rackets and checked them to find that all of them remained horizontal whereas the fake rackets from some people at the club in fact rolled over to a vertical position, though there was one that remained horizontal....

Perhaps as a first port of call, if you want a quick check to determine if the racket is real or fake, this could be a quick test....? Does anyone know if this might just be coincidental or is there an element of truth to it...????

Your thoughts...?

2. gcurayag

gcurayag New Member

Student
    I got a ti-10 1st gen. though it has no CODE !! is it fake?? this one was really OLD and it feels so good to play with. . . though i can feel that the materials is authentic and its clean paint finish but the problem is that i has no CODE PLS HELP tnx btw im new here LOL

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

It's either old or fake :p. How can anyone tell without pictures ... ?

4. gcurayag

gcurayag New Member

Student
  5. gcurayag

gcurayag New Member

Student
    it really feels authentic :D like the yonex rackets though the problem that it has no code :3 the paint is very well made :3 is this fake???
    I got a ti-10 1st gen. though it has no CODE !! is it fake?? this one was really old and it feels so good to play with. . . though i can feel that the materials is authentic but the problem is that i has no CODE PLS HELP tnx btw im new here LOL
    it really feels authentic :D like the yonex rackets though the problem that it has no code :3 the paint is very well made :3 is this fake???

6. eppixx

eppixx Regular Member

I see a seller in Taiwan is selling Arc 11 with TW code. Is there a high chance it is fake?

7. jamesjjj

jamesjjj Regular Member

arcsaber10 SN.jpg

Hi all, I need help identify the authenticity of this racket, purchased from a local coach at ~$120.

8. Micnjo

Micnjo New Member

Hi all could I check if this a fake vt70 pls advice as I have no idea .

9. imosx

imosx New Member

Hi
    according to this photo ,i can't help you to verify this racquet
    send more photo of it to me in a private message,please.

take photos from all parts of your racquet (bottom, shaft, head, frame and etc) in high resolution.

bye.

10. shiluvm

shiluvm New Member

The racquets sold in India distributed by Sunrise Click (with cone code ending ID) will have a hologram with a secret scratch code on the cling wrap (plastic wrap) on the handle. Once you uncovered the scratch code, send it as an SMS to 9223101250 and you will get an instant SMS response from Sunrise confirming the racquet is geunine or not. I got this information directly from Sunrise India customer care and successfully verified a Voltric 7 purchased from Amazon.

11. isa woo

isa woo Regular Member

This video may help

Tanzil likes this.
  12. Stealthking

Stealthking Regular Member

LOL.... To be honest, I can't even feel the difference between the two sides on the genuine Duora 10.

Technically and scientifically based on the shape design, I'm sure there is a difference, but probably not enough to be felt in a practical sense when playing on court...:)

13. TmdRockz

TmdRockz Regular Member

Have YONEX changed the cone code system ? I got a YONEX Nanoray 10F. It was bought from China. It doesnt have the CH letters at the end of the code. Instead it has a two english letters but not together. One letter in the middle of the serial number.

14. YHtan

YHtan New Member

Hi, you said that conal serial code is DDMMYXCC. what's the X for? My voltric 80 is 020422SP, which my friend said is authentic

15. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Anyone bought JP coded rackets recently ? [​IMG][​IMG]

16. mcchooi

mcchooi Regular Member

I came across one being sold on FB Marketplace which I'm tempted (I can't seem to find online stores in the UK for NF800 in stock). It has a similar format to the picture you posted.

However, the cone displaying 3UG5 looks different to yours, plus the serial number above the cone is rubbing off (I think they should be laser engraved). So now I am having second thoughts if I should go ahead with it!

IMG_9690.jpg IMG_9691.jpg

#96 mcchooi, Oct 7, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2023