Super Series Finals 2008.. the Grand Finale

Discussion in 'Super Series Master Finals 2008' started by Chaojidan, Oct 6, 2008.

1. indra

indra Regular Member

The most interesting one will surely be in the MD ....

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A few more pics of the venue..

...Likas Sports Complex Indoor Multipurpose Hall taken courtesy from another website; I guess it was somekind of a pasta party celebrating this yr's Borneo International Marathon??..The center area seems to be quite spacious.
    *I don't know if our BCers, going there, will be as funny as the people in the 2nd pic or not???...;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#222 ctjcad, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I'm guessing..

...by looking at the seating diagram and the pics, they'll put the VIP seats numbered seatings (purple) around the playing courts, on the main floor.

[​IMG]

#223 ctjcad, Dec 4, 2008
  4. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yes, and the so-called VIP seats became the worst place to enjoy a badminton match.

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh my!! I just noticed & realized...

...in the 2nd pic, above, one of the ladies is dressed in a catsuit outfit & complete with the pose!!!:eek:...And what do we know, barring any last minute changes, we'll also have the CAT sisters (Louisa & luyi80) going there as well:eek:....*ha...
    A premonition??..:p;)

#225 ctjcad, Dec 4, 2008
  6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hmm chris, are u trying to temp me or rather all the members in this forum?:p
    why not u come over to KK this month and enjoy this SS Finale too??:)

7. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Hope for the best

According to Sina sports, there's good chance that team China will skip this event along with the 2009 Malaysia and Korea Opens Super Series. All players are asked to attend the Winter training starting from 20th of this month and last about 2 months. Oh man!
    If you can read Chinese, here's the link of the report
    http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2008-12-03/04324104470.shtml

8. indra

indra Regular Member

a 2-month training??? For what?

Anyway...although they do not participate....no problem...it's good for other players considering the prize amount....

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What?!?!?!...

...that is not so good a news, if it's really true...All the fans waiting for them to come to this 1st ever SS Finale...I understand their upcoming winter camp, but I hope they'll change their mind & at least come to this tourney..:cool:
    ..yes, of course, just for you...;)..Of course, i'd love to come & join the fun but since i can't, i'm just doing my best to help promote the event...:cool:

#229 ctjcad, Dec 4, 2008
  10. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    Yes,,, i'm so happy if Chinese player don't come to this SS grand final...
    it's enough to see the Quota limitation per country in Olympic Games and World Championship(maybe), also asian games... but BWF shouldn't do that again in SS Grand Final...

i remember in Grand Prix Final 1998 there are so much chinese player on that championship,, and they don't have limitation per country...
    maybe because that time China has Madame LU SHENRONG as the BWF president,,,,, but now since China don't hold that position again,,, the rules are not advantages for Chinese team...

PS : in Tenis master Final or WTA Final there is no quota limitation per country,,, that why we can see so much Russian player in WTA FINAL....

Hmmmm... i'm just question that IS it China team strategy to bargain with BWF so there is no Quota limitation for SS Grand Final?????
    Hope that it is true...

11. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    It is always better to find more than ONE country standing on the podium

IMHO, it's not good for a country to be so dominating and wanting to win all the top 3 positions.

In Swimming, with the USA and Australia being the strongest nations, it has been decided that only 2 participants from each country can enter.

It is always better to find more than ONE country standing on the podium.

:):):)

#231 chris-ccc, Dec 4, 2008
  12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

CJ's seeded 2nd so he and LCW will head each group.Which means LD and LCW will be in the same group.CYK will be in CJ's group.That's how I read the two per country ruling. They will be placed in separate groups.

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

In tennis, they play as individuals(who happen to be from the same country) and real matches.
    In badminton,the players report to their BA (or head coach) not BWF.If there are no two per country rule, LYB may apply his famous strategy and you get unreal matches like what you saw in OG08 SF match between CJ and LD where both got to conserve energy for their medal matches while their opponents, LCW and LHI used up all their energy to win.The result was two fresher CHN MS playing non-CHN MS in subsequent matches.
    I wouldn't be surprised if this two per country rule were imposed for OG12.
    If CHN decides not to send their qualified players to SSF, it means they are not confident of winning titles when CHN has no opportunity to apply their unique strategy and undue advantage.
    I have no problems with more players from the same country if they can play as individuals...
    However,note that CHn's not the only country affected by the rule.In the present and future, it's likely to be MAS, INA and DEN...

14. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

that will be so interesting..:cool::)
    but now, the most importantly, lin dan will not withdrew from this tournament:rolleyes:
    if he really withdrew, what a shame..

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, quite disappointing news for bdm fans. Looks like intensive training is top priority and more important than Masters Finals which provide huge prize-money for China squad.

16. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It's just an excuse.
    The conditions don't favour CHN:
    1. No home advantage
    2. Hot, humid courts
    3. Cannot use LYB strategy

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    For what? That is what they have been doing and see the results that they are producing... the camp consist not only Physical preparation.. its tough and the same time fun as well. Plus also alot of "cleansing process".

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Incredible, how can LD and CJ not playing in SSF be good for baddy...that I could not understand. As fans who watch live or on video dl, we want to see the best players in action and hope for an awesome performance and may the best player win.
    One thing is to be partisan and hero worship (you can read posts of people defending their hero like hitting a raw nerve), and wanting your player to win, but to win w/o the best 2 players participating bring a hollow victory.
    Sure, result fixing is bad for baddy and cheat the home fans who actually pay to watch (worst for out of country fans who take time off to fly in to watch, easy for those so called fans who support this action but never get off their butts to fly in to watch a fixed game)...having said that LYB position is to win and win that is all that matters cos' LYB job is to deliver victory for CHN (screw BWF, the fans and the game), and given the same cards he wielded, I am sure other coaches would do the same thing, except maybe for DEN.
    As for LD or CJ concern of losing with no LYB to fix the game, well, seeing the recent HKO and CO, LD was at his best ever, lean, very fast, very sharp and I can't see anyone beating him. I bet my card on him to win SSF. The only player that can beat him is CJ and if playing in final, with both players free to play their best (like the recent HKO final), CJ can beat LD, and not that CJ is better, but CJ benefit from the privilede of practising with LD and knowing his game.

19. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Everybody please calm down, China has yet releasing any formal announcement about not participating on this Super Series Final and since the training starts on 20th and the SS Final is from 18th-21st, there's good chance those qualified Chinese players are allowed to participate(cross our fingers).
    I read across another report that the first 2 SS will certainly be skipped, that's Malaysia and Korea Opens.
    Once again, lets hope for the best. SS Final will not be the same without the Chinese, like it or not!

20. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree, their methods have been working so far so why not continue the same tradition.