Yonex Voltric 80 ( VT80 )

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Jan 31, 2011.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. the SW35 is incredibly powerful.

2. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Do you normally play at 26lbs anyway or if its your preferres strings and tension what would you expect more from it?

3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Pics up soooooooooooo fast!!!
    Thanks Kwun!! My bad didn't know you REALLY wanted to use it longer. Come by and pick it up,we got 2 demos.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thumbs up for the customer service. :)

5. SlaShEr

SlaShEr Regular Member

tinkerer
    against vt80 4U or 3U?

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    both SW35 and VT80 are 4U.

7. contreasjun27

contreasjun27 Regular Member

Went AJ and bought the last piece 3U5G for RM598 hehe Aunty give me additional RM1 discount. The paintjob is superb can't wait to try it tonight hehe

8. contreasjun27

contreasjun27 Regular Member

I went there and check is fake the racquet cover is fake no leather smell but lousy PVC smell.

9. Cattex

Cattex Regular Member

Thanks for the first impressions Kwun.

I currently play with an ARC10 strung with NBG95 at 24lbs so I was very interested in your comparison. When you say it's kind of like the ARC10 do you mean purely in the fact that most people could just pick it up and play with it (it suits various styles very well), or that it actually plays a bit like an ARC10?

I love my ARC10 and it's an excellent racket that doesn't get in the way of my game.
    Do you think the VT80 would have greater power output than an ARC10? I can hit pretty hard with the ARC10 anyway but just sometimes some extra zip would be good - especially when I don't quite have the time to prepare.

One last question - In the UK the VT80 will be sold as 3U do you think this will make a big difference? (my ARC10 is 3U)

Thanks! :D

10. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    @ Kwun
    my heart thumping very fast when I saw the photos
    good job
    you got talent of a professional photographer :)

11. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Seemingly, it's a pass for most guys who wants something out of the ordinary but is perfect for most mere mortals:cool:.

12. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I wonder if the reason you're saying this is because technically speaking the VT80 is a little too stiff for you ;)

It is hard to believe that the VT80 will have a less stiff shaft compared to the SW35. I can only hypothesise that the SW35 is at your maximum [playing] stiffness tolerance such that every ounce of strength you put in to bend the shaft results in exponential power increase due to the extra stiff shaft, while the VT80's [playing] stiffness is just beyond that.

I have a "veteran" friend who owns a few of the 1st issue Cab20 2UG5 and a Cab 22/20 Power (same 2UG5) which he insists that the latter is lighter and a lot less powerful compared to the Cab20. We all know the true technical reasoning behind the science, don't we :D

13. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

We have all heard analyses of Matthias Boe having a little trouble with the extra stiffness of the VT80 when he first tested it.

Surely you're not thinking that the VT80 will just be a traditional Arc10-esque racquet?

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    sorry for the misleading comparison. it does not play like an ARC10, it feel lighter and more head heavy, as well as slightly stiffer. ARC10 is a bit more weighty and slightly less head heavy. when i say it is like ARC10 because, as you suspected, i believe many people will pick it up and will not have bit problem adjusting to it (as opposed to say, ArcZ or Spira21 which only suit very specific players).

the VT80 does have more power than the ARC10. it is a lively racket that gives out a nice rebounce. yes, that's something that i forgot to mention. it is a lively racket which is something that is very important to me when evaluating a racket.

i cannot say much about the 3U as i think the one that i played with was a 4U. it depends how much difference the 3U has and where the weight goes. also notice that 3U is not necessarily 5g heavier, most likely it is only around 1-2g in order to cross the 85g threshold.

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, i think Boe is too weak!! ;) :D

no. it is not ARC10. the weight and balance are different and also slightly stiffer. but i think most decent intermediate player will be able to play well with it.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    too stiff. maybe, maybe not. i was able to make strong smash with it even though it did take effort. but i do agree that i am no where near the power level of professional players so what you said maybe true. but how many of us are?

i really should do a A/B comparison of the VT80 with the SW35. at the point, i think SW35 is able to transfer power better.

there are still many variables in the comparison, different tension, different string, different stringer, different grip. i need more time with both the VT80 and SW35 to make a proper comparison and review.

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    tension: it depends. different strings has different optimal tensions. eg. ZM62 to me has optimal playability tension at 27lbs. it is dismal durability at that tension, but heck, at least it plays well for a game or two before it self-destructs.

the string that was there on the racket is a BG66UM, which prior i only played an evening with. which was not really enough to get a good understanding of.

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    thank you. :)

i went through this thread and while there are photos of the VT80 posted, none of which were sharp enough to give people a clear look of it. therefore after i learned that Synergy Badminton receive some VT80 (they say they got 12 of them) and will be bringing them over for demo. i drove up to where they usually play just to try it out and to take some pics to share. i am glad i did! and thank you Synergy!

19. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

20. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member