Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Jul 26, 2009.

1. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    so can we conclude that the smaller sweet spot mean the better strength concentrated at the centre for you to smash?
    what string is the best to further enchance the smashing quality?

btw, how can we do differently to adapt to Z-slash to make it a better control racket...

2. zombiez

zombiez Regular Member

Full time Dad
    Make it stiffer.

3. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Nothing should be done onto it. This is what makes Arc Z as it is, just like any other rackets. Every rackets is unique, so if you think it is not a better control racket, move on, there are so many good rackets out there.

Get the racket because which pro use them/ endorse them / or don't buy because no pro use them ? Now that is REAL bad decision for someone who succumb to Racket Marketing strategy. (i.e You are still nobody and not Lin Dan or Play like Lin Dan simply by getting his N90)
    Buy the racket because who and who create the fastest smash out of it? Now that is plain no brainer as well.
    Get the racket because it suits your game and style, no matter what level you are, now that is smart and what it should be.
    So, if Arc Z is not your cup of tea, move on. It is not your fault, and certainly not Yonex. It just does not suit you, thats all. ;)
    (Btw i am open for buying your Arc Z :D :D :D)

4. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    :D tckang,

How many Arc Z you want??? You are already having so many,,,, I am only using 4 pcs....
    :D

Thanks.

5. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    1)are there any other racket which having the same frame shape as z slash?
    2)what string is the best recon to further enchance the smashing quality?

6. roy b

roy b Regular Member

tckang,

We have our differences of opinion, BUT, my friend, here I couldn't agree with you more :):):). An excellent post.

7. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Cheers. and to Peace .....:D :D :D

8. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    Hey, I just tried Apacs Z Spark, the feeling is so damn bad, and its hard to hit the sweetspot
    The feeling of Yonex Z Slash and Apacs Z Spark had really a big different right?
    Im gonna try Z Slash by myself soon, if im sastified with it, I'll get mine

9. Kiloo

Kiloo Regular Member

Engineer
    The one has got strictly NOTHING to do with the other; (save a bit of the color and a close name).

10. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hey bro, it is a different racket altogether-lah. feel free to try my Arc Z the next time we play on court. ;)

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The Yonex Z Slash with BG66 Maxima is a reasonably good racket and I don't have any problem about missing the sweetspot. To avoid mistiming and consequently missing the sweetspot, make sure you are in a balanced position and always relax the back swing before exploding with the forward swing. This way you will be spot on 100% of the time.
    However, it lacks the punch and solidity of the Li Ning N55.

12. HKChua

HKChua Regular Member

Software Architect
    Please elaborate... I am interested. I am using Arc Saber ZS all these while....

Thanks.

13. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The Yonex Z Slash is a pretty fast racket with minimal air resistance from its smaller frame and narrower dimensions. It is easy to play almost any shot with crispness. However, perhaps its smaller and narrower dimensions come at the price of frame stability that the Li Ning N55 excels in, although the N55 is slower than the Z Slash to move around in the air.
    It all boils down to the player. I think the Z Slash is perhaps the easiest racket to play well with and I am rather surprised to find that some have found it difficult to hit the sweet spot consistently. The N55 is a more powerful weapon but not everyone can play well with it because it is very stiff and solid.
    For example my wife likes the Z Slash and finds the N55 hard to manage. I prefer the N55.

14. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Could not agree more to this. Well said.

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I agree as well :) .

But I think when people say it is unforgiving, I do not think most of them (at least if they are good players) refer to controlled shots, like std. clears, slices, smashes, net-play etc.. But rather when you dive for a smash, or in an ultra fast flat exchange etc. were even strong players "need" a bigger sweetspot. My biggest problem with it is the combination of narrow frame (= small sweetspot) and the shlong shaft that isnot stiff enough, so control suffers, especially in defence (against powerful smashers) but also for smashes where the flexy feel makes it loose control imop.

I love the N55 though, great racket :)

16. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

You are referring to one (Arc ZS) racket to refer the flexier flex than ultra stiff rackets? Or you've drawn 16-20 ArcZSes from your bag and they're all flexy?

Frankly, ArcZS just isn't your cup of tea! You are good at handling TC700 and N55 though. That's it. Absolutely nothing to do with smaller than small sweetspot:rolleyes:!

17. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

You are absolutely correct on both counts. I'm another TC700 user who gave up his ArcZ. It's nothing to do with the smaller sweet but the combination with a somewhat flexible shaft. That combo cost me a lot of errors when rushed (e.g. flicking a smash). I have no problems with any controlled shots.

Like twobeers, I'm okay (not good) at handling the TC700 and the ArcZ is simply not my cup of tea. I recognise that there are people who loves the ArcZ. Afterall, not many of us can play better under pressure than Tago or a few other ArcZ users.

18. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Yep, you nailed it!

But I have no qualms with TC700 too...just preference over the other. Although LD_rules and I are SW 35 fanatics, at least for now:cool:! Cheers!

19. tckang

tckang Regular Member

Con man (I do sales)
    Hahhahaa Relax ....
    Whether it is TC700, Arc Z, or any other model, as long as everyone is happy with what they found to enjoy the 2-3 hours of social play each time, then it is a happy ending ;)
    After all, there is no prize money or Badminton Federation's world ranking points awaiting us .....:D
    The most important for us is to get the right tool that suits your play so that we can enjoy the fun of the game :)

Whether it is Yonex, Mizuno or Li Ning, i believe none of them will "rush" out a model without much R&D or thoughts into their products, unlike our recent "Proton Lancer" boleh story in my boleh-land .....
    In reality, with so many models and products of each brands, some are bound to be selling better than some models, just like cars, perfume, etc. That doesn't mean the less seller are inferior in quality or lack in R&D.

#1919 tckang, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  20. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    well, I have tried quite a few Arc-Z and I assume that some sort of consistency in the manufacturing are expected from Yonex, Do you think there are much variations in the flex between different Z:s ??? I do not.

My views on the Arc-Z is not only from my personal experience but also from a lot of pros trying/using it and looking at the games when players have been switching to the racket. It is visible that most players perform worse with the racket, but as you point out Taufik will beat players like Rumbaka anyway.. But then he plays Gade for example. The control-rigidity-sweetspot of the racket may be the difference costing him the win.

I dont think the long flex shaft and narrow fram is "da ****".. I think even Yonex realizes this.. They kind of abandonded the whole thing with the newer voltric series...

There are huge number of rackets apart from my favourites TC700 and N55 i like more than ARc-Z .. I can name (ARC-10, NS9900, SW35, BS10, NS50, NS50-II, NS70, AT900P etc etc.. ) :D

/Twobeer