Brave Sword 10 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jayssen, Oct 24, 2009.

1. yurimaster2010

yurimaster2010 Regular Member

Consultant
    hi bro ,
    may i know what your major findings on BS11 and BS10?
    BS11 is med stiff compare to BS10 which is stiff.
    so BS10 might feel more heavy head compare to BS11...what you think?
    BS11 feel lighter so good for defend game?

2. M4ST3R

M4ST3R Regular Member

Hi,

I just purchased the BS10. 3U - 91 grams, including string.
    Until now I have used the neutral NS4500. Also a Z-Slash for a very short while. Now ZS is for sale :).
    I will test BS10 this afternoon. But, before that, just wanted to mention that when you swing it through the air, without hitting the ball, it feels very different then NS4500. Very, very different. It is like BS10 is moving by itself, unlike 4500 which you can sense that it moves rather hard. And I have been using this NS4500 for a year now. I expect this BS10 to be a very pleasant experience.
    Stiffness is very similar to Arc ZS.

3. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Yesterday we tested my new N90ii (too bad with Bg65 by mistake), the defence is very good, punch very fast and powerful, but less powerful for smash than my Victor 9. I had to change to a defensive player from attacking with N90ii. Basicelly N90ii is more for single players or defensive players.

My Indenosian friend tried our teammate's new BS10, he immediately said this is a good racket for doubles. I will help him get 2 pcs at very good price. He will cut the strings of his Yonex rackets after getting BS10 and keeps them. Myself have not used BS10 before. I will get one for myself too. So far most guys ordered BS10 or 11 from me. Seems these 2 are really good. :)

#83 tank2008, Jul 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  4. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    how much u selling for bs 11 and 10

5. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    I will PM you the price. Don't want to put price here. :)

6. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    can provide your best price in ringgit for bs11 ? item confirm genuine victor ? i can take item from prai

7. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, will PM you the price in Ringgit. So you stay at butterworth too? Need to find somebody to bring the racket over. :)

8. M4ST3R

M4ST3R Regular Member

Hi,

I've tested yesterday BS10.
    It was a pleasure. Even if I already am in love with this sport, yesterday was even better.
    First of all it is not a heavy racket. It is very easy to maneuver and to swing it through the air. Only couple of times I hit with the frame - it moves faster and so you get into hitting position and hit the ball earlier. But I got used to it very fast. It a very forgiving racket.
    The only thing I think I will change soon is the tension in the strings. Now it has 9 kilos, I think I will go for 11 soon.
    The smash is good, not as powerful as ZS but enough.
    I was thinking of a comparison with ZS but I guess it is easier just to say that it is different in every way. It is lighter, swing is faster, control is muuuch better, backhand is good, net play is better, smash is not as powerful.
    Overall, thank you Victor!!!

9. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I just got mine as well and will revert back with some comments :)

10. yurimaster2010

Consultant
    hi pal,
    thank you for sharing
    perhaps you should try out BS11 if you got any possible chance as its will complete you up to the eternity level on badminton games.

11. mitsu

mitsu Regular Member

hi everyone
    i am a new member here
    but i have been reading the forum and finally register

i have recently bought a BS10 and have tried it and would like to give my 2 cents on this racquet

i have decide to buy this racquet after reading the reviews here as i was having difficulty deciding between bs 10 and bs 11

i find the bs 10 to be an extremely good racquet right on par with the ns9900

i find this racquet to be slightly head heavy but maneuvering with this racquet is very easy
    it is really fast so for defense its really good. net shots are very accurate and defense against smashes are very easy
    powerwise because of the head heaviness it is quite powerful. smashes are steep and fast
    racquet stiffness wise, it doesnt really feel as stiff as the ns9900
    its a really good racquet and i would recommend you buy this racquet if you want powerful smashes and quick defense....good all round racquet

hope this helps

12. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Guys, I have a TW coded BS10, and a CNC coded BS10, and they're identical.

They play exactly the same, both have Blue end caps, both have the same stiffness rating graphic on the shaft.

Obviously this is really annoying because I bought the BS10 under the allusion it was stiffer than the BS11!

Can anyone shed some light???

*edit* Argh, I just re-read this whole thread. Damn!

#92 Maklike Tier, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  13. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    First of all is there a typo on your first line? Both stated as Bs10? Or what you really meant was TW BS11 and CNC BS10?

BP for both rackets are exactly the same. I measured it countless times. Anyhow you have to consider the +/-5 as sometimes there is no 100% accuracy.

For shaft stiffness, the BS10 should be stiffer than the BS11 generally. Its stated very clearly on the shaft's indicator (BS10 at 85% and BS11 at 70% approximately) for TW coded.

Bear in mind there are 2 different stiffness available in the market for BS10 and BS11 for certain codes/regions. The best way to distinguish is again by looking at the stiffness indicator on the shaft. In your case the TW coded should be the BS11 while the CNC should be BS10 if I am not mistaken. The problem lies with your CNC coded BS10 (70% stiffness) where a TW coded ones should be rated at 85%.

Why you buy when it indicates similar rating? Always trust the manufacturer's rating as they are accurate most of the time therefore both your rackets should play the same!

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Yes sorry, it was late when I was typing that. I have a BS10 TW and BS11 CNC.

I had no idea that the BS10 TW was the same stiffness as a BS11 CNC. So does that mean in TW, that the BS10 and BS11 are identical rackets?? What's the point!?

I'm after a stiffer BS10, so does that mean I need to source one with any other code other than TW?

Where would I get one????

15. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    Is your BS10 rated at 70% stiffness (arrow pointing slightly above the middle point)? If yes, you need to look for one which has the 85% stiffness where the arrow is almost at the end of the indicator.

As I said, there are 2 types of stiffness available in the market. Not necessarily TW coded ones. It could happen to any other codes as different regions get their supply from different sources. So the safest is to look at the shaft indication.

Btw where is your location?

#95 Aspire, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
  16. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I've asked Eric at RKEP to see if he can get me a stiffer BS10, but he doesn't sound confident.

Have you ever seen a Stiff rated TW coded racket?

17. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    I had an HK BS10 and its rated at the same stiffness (on the Victor scale/bar) as my HK SW35s.

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Here's the stiffness graphic of my TW BS11, and CNC BS10.

Attached Files:

19. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    That is exactly where your problem lies. They read the same (both 70%) thus play the same.

Those BS10 over here are stiffer. The stiffness is about 85% rating. As ryim mentioned above the same rating as SW35.

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Good news! Eric contacted Victor and can get me a stiffer BS10! No idea what code it is, but I actually don't care.

I'm really liking the BG66M strings on it, too. Noticeably more repulsion @25lbs compared to BG80 @25lbs, with only a small learning curve getting used to the different feel and getting your range zero'd in with the lifts.