the sky is falling!!!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by silentheart, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Just Charge it to TARP

American Express gets OK for $3.39B from gov't
    Tue Dec 23, 1:43 pm ET

NEW YORK – American Express Co. said Tuesday it received preliminary approval to obtain $3.39 billion in capital as part of the government's $700 billion bank investment program.
    ----------------------

business are lining up around the block in hope for some of the billions from TARP

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Heah, it is free money. If I have a bank, I will line up too!

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

I'm sure u would have managed your bank fiducially, therefore, u will be not get any free money.;):D

4. silentheart

DAMN, you are good.

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Autoworkers Union Keeps $6 Million Golf Course for Members at $33 Million Lakeside Retreat
    Friday , December 26, 2008

The United Auto Workers may be out of the hole now that President Bush has approved a $17 billion bailout of the U.S. auto industry, but the union isn't out of the bunker just yet.

Even as the industry struggles with massive losses, the UAW brass continue to own and operate a $33 million lakeside retreat in Michigan, complete with a $6.4 million designer golf course. And it's costing them millions each year.

6. malayali

malayali Regular Member

namaskaaram..
  7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

this hidden agenda is well known by politiical and economic research firms/analysts/interested people years before iraq attack. In fact (which i can't divulge now), and IMO, it is only one of many reasons. WOuld u spend billions of $ (now trillion), against mass protest, risk political backlash just to attack a country for one reason only? I dont believe the american people voted Bush into office twice on the USD protection issue.

some of the slide info is wrong so far. With the highest debts and more pending bailouts, why is the USD is holding up so well. Have u check the euro lately? Have u check the Iran Rial lately ?? The slide also said watch more opec countries start demanding euro. I'm not feeling this urge lately. In case u forgot, saudi is opec. What saudi says goes and right now, saudi is still on the US side. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Chavez can sell oil in bourse if they want but they are just peeing into the wind:p Opec is more concern about the oil price now than anything. I talk too much:D

#587 cooler, Jan 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

9. silentheart

Master C,

I already got tick off enough at work the last few days...

But what the hell...

10. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Things seems more settled now. No big roller coasters.;)

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

r u sure?:p

Detroit School Lacks Toilet Paper, Light Bulbs
    Donations Accepted Beginning Jan. 12

POSTED: Wednesday, January 7, 2009
    UPDATED: 10:21 am EST January 8, 2009

DETROIT -- A Detroit elementary school is asking for donations of toilet paper and light bulbs to continue functioning.

The principal of the Academy of Americas sent a letter to staff, parents and partners asking for donations of items "that are of the utmost importance for proper school functioning and most importantly for student health and safety."

In the letter, Principal Naomi Khalil cited budget constraints within the district as the reason that the school could no longer stock the items.

The district is grappling with a more than $400 million budget deficit and is on the verge of being assigned an emergency financial manager by the state.

The letter asks for toilet paper, paper towel rolls, trash bags and 60-, 100- or 150-watt light bulbs.

----------------------
    Chicago Public Schools' cappuccino bill: $67,000
    'A WASTE OF MONEY' | Report says staffers skirted rules to buy 30 coffeemakers, changed athletes' grades, falsified addresses

January 7, 2009

BY ART GOLAB Staff Reporter agolab@suntimes.com
    Chicago public school bureaucrats skirted competitive bidding rules to buy 30 cappuccino/espresso machines for $67,000, with most of the machines going unused because the schools they were ordered for had not asked for them, according to a report by the CPS Office of Inspector General.

That was just one example of questionable CPS actions detailed in the inspector general's 2008 annual report. Others included high school staffers changing grades to pump up transcripts of student athletes and workers at a restricted-enrollment grade school falsifying addresses to get relatives admitted.

In the case of the cappuccino machines, central office administrators split the order among 21 vocational schools to avoid competitive bidding required for purchases over $10,000. As a result CPS paid about $12,000 too much, according to Inspector General James Sullivan. "We were able to find the same machines cheaper online," he said.

"We also look at it as a waste of money because the schools didn't even know they were getting the equipment, schools didn't know how to use the machines and weren't prepared to implement them

12. silentheart

Dear Master Cooler,

I think we all know that Detroit lacks light bulbs every where. I really can not see any light up on anyone's head over there.

I wonder who is going to be the sec. of education for US? Wait, wasn't he the head of Chicago Public School? The worse public school system in all major US cities? There is a reason why CPS is the worse of all major city. 1) Teachers need to be taught on how to use a coffee machine. 2) They can not operate the coffee machine so no coffee to keep them awake...

Man, we are so screwed...

#592 silentheart, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    There is an alternative :D or solution but . . . let's keep it quiet :D.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I guess..

..boom or bust, and eventhough it hasn't started yet, we'll be counting down til 2012...

Btw, do you know Mr. BO said (a while back) that he's planning to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chi-town (at the end of his 2nd term)??...;)

15. silentheart

I am going to say this even if the Evil Empire might be listening...
    NO OG (Oriental Geeks) in Chicago 2016. No corruption in IL!

16. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

The Obama Games??...

..hah..:D...:p..or they could also call it the Obama Games (OG)...;)

Although it would be great for the U.S. to host another Olympics, i don't know how the mood of the U.S.' people will be 7+ yrs. later (if Mr. BO goes for 2 terms)....:p

#596 ctjcad, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  17. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The economy shd recover then. It shd work for him. ;)

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^I'm all for it...^^

...whatever plan(s) Mr. BO has to stave off the current economic downturn and to bring it back. I'm praying for the best & all for it.:cool:
    But, there's a but, whatever the plan is, it will most likely cost us in the future (read all of his current talks about his economic plans etc.). And if Mr. BO does go ahead with his plan to nationalized the healthcare system (which i don't think will happen), watch, the future U.S. generation will suffer the brunt of this. Some would say the current fiasco we're in now is because of plans and ideas brought forth from them "Damn-a-crap", as our Master silentheart likes to call them;), as early as the Jimmy Carter era & the Billy Clinton's era (those Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac). What else is new, we're headed for another round of "big government" policy, again.
    I know he's trying his best to govern as a centrist, but i really hope he goes against all of his pre-election campaign talks and rhetorics and upset many of his co-horts in Washington D.C., as well as his supporters, thus to prove all of those talks were nothing more than "hot air". :p
    And that's just on the economic front. There are still the national security & foreign policy issues...it's about to get exciting, folks..[​IMG]

19. silentheart

Mast C,

I can not agree more. What I worry the most is what happen if his proposal do not work? We are screwed and our future generations are screwed too. (I do not have kids, but I have nieces so I would like to give them some future to look forward to) My question is building infrastructures are goods idea in theory, Hitler try that and worked because German need them right after WWI. US needs improvement, not building more. So his proposal will not work and become waste of money. Just look at Chicago. All the money for improving infrastructures in Chicago all end up in dirty politician's pockets (that include Mr. OB's bonehead move).
    Green job? Where is the need when you have people drive less (no job=no commute=no vacation=no money to pay for gas and electricity=less driving) and the CO2 emission decreasing already.
    Low inflation? Did you check the price at McD? the price went up by 15% from last year in my area. How about soft drink? Price increase by 12% for my 2L Diet Coke. The low inflation is because no one is buying thing you want but don't need and factory produced too much.
    As you said, "Change you can believe in"? What change? all the changes I see are the quarters in my wallet and I need to fugure out what I lunch I can get with the $2.75 I have for lunch. He hired all the people under Bill back. He is going to stay with forgein policy. He is going to talk to Iran and Cuba. Yeah, all talk and no action and I-Ran will have a n-bomb in 3 years.
    Health insurance? A quote from Jonny Mc. "You CAN'T be serious". Are you going to send all the health insurance compamy worker to unemployment? If you have any form of national health insurance, you will see all employers dump all the health insurance responsibility. Dr. will see min 25% drop in income. That mean your health is 25% less important than the one with HMO.
    God help us...

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^We'd be...^^

..looking fw & waiting on your tab for your insightful analysis on the going ons, esp. in Chi-town since you're residing there, in the next 4 yrs....:cool:

In any rate, we'd be counting til 2012. I think economy will recover sooner or later, NO MATTER who is the president. I really pray & hope Mr. BO will stray away and abandon most of his pre-election talks/rhetorics. The U.S. will stay safe, economy will recover and nothing major happens (national security wise, do you know Mr.BO is about to take apart W's national security rules??). Because if something happens in this next 4 yrs, you know who the fingers will be pointing to....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.