Playing In Ipoh Next year

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by eguitarcoolboy, Aug 4, 2008.

1. terenceleong

terenceleong Regular Member

GM
    Hi,

Very good play friend!! Keep up!! I can see you are capable of improving yr badminton skills to much higher level ;)...

Yeah, on this Sunday, I together with Ah Keat, Ah Keong n Chee Yoke will go to KL taking part one tournament over there. Will come back on the same day. I believe there are still many of our members playing on this Sunday in Chemor. Go n play with them ya.

See u on next Tuesday if you're coming to Chemor again :)...

2. jensen9173

jensen9173 Regular Member

NP! i will go and maybe will ask my friend to join me too. Not sure he want to play or not coz he is playing on sunday 3.00pm. Wow! going to KL to play ah? Friendly match?
    Now i noticed that i never partner you before since i went there 3 times. :cool: Maybe next time we try right?:D

3. jensen9173

Hi Leong,
    This coming Sunday (28/06/2009), my friend Ah Hoe and my sister will join you guys play at Chemor. But i cannot make it coz i'm working that day, so you all have fun and take care of my sis ya!:D

Ops! how's your KL tournament? I heard you and Ah Keat meet in final right? so who win?:D

4. terenceleong

GM
    Hi,

NP :)...

Ah Keat pair won against my pair (Ah Keong n me) in the final. We played 3 v v exciting games. Anyway, we will share the prize money ($600 :D in total) among 4 of us n will treat ourselves with big "makan" session :)...

When will u come to Chemor again?

See u soon ya...

5. jensen9173

Wow! RM600 huh! Congratulation to you all!!!
    Well, i think maybe i will join you on this coming tuesday.:D

6. terenceleong

GM
    Hi,

Both Ah Hoe n yr sister are quite good badminton players. Pls ask them coming to Chemor more often ya :)...

7. jensen9173

Ya Ah Hoe still young and he got the power to smash also speed. As for my sister, she like to play badminton and had learn a lot from us especially from Ah Hoe.

Today, i will join you play at Chemor, coz i need to train my marathon run (21km) on 5th july in Ipoh. So i need to play early and sleep early then can wake up on Wed morning (5.00am).:D Well, i just start to train yesterday:crying:and hope i can make it to get the cert in within 2hrs times to complete.

8. eyky1618

eyky1618 Regular Member

HI all

Long time no chat....I have been singing the Ipoh player praises! I have passed on Terence's contact to one my friends who is on holiday in KL/SG. I hope he drops by to have a game or 2 with you so that he can fully understand what I told him of my short experience with you guys.

Terence: I don't think anyone of us can get use to the playing format of your group. 21pts old format nearly KILLED me!! Hahahaha...I might be heading back in a few weeks, and I certainly hope to catch up with you then!

Cheers~

9. terenceleong

GM
    Hi Eddie,

How are you?

Jensen had already joined us for several badmintion sessions. He is a very good badminton player too.

Pls must join us for some badminton sessions when back in Ipoh ya...

But, u must make sure u do not hv a hot body when flying back :D...

10. jensen9173

Hi Eddie,
    So early you will be back to Ipoh, i thought you will be here end of this year? Well, good news then maybe we will have some game ya!:D
    Yup! as Leong said i'd joined them play several session and now i already get used to it. I still remember my first game with them, wow! now what i need to go out the hall and take a deep breath after the game.:eek:

11. eyky1618

eyky1618 Regular Member

Yeah...I'm trying to come back for "work" reasons. I am crossing my fingers that my bosses approves it! This time, I would be back alone...and of course, the compnay is not impressed that I am going to SEA due to the swine flu virus. That's the only reason that it might not be approved. :(

After the "death match" (hahahaha) with Terence and his friends, I have sicne tried to go for endurance matches.....here in Oz; my club only uses the new format but 25 pts. So, tried playing for 3 hours non-stop (with the exception for drinks)on a few occasions....i can say it's working out a bit.

Anyhow...i will keep you guys posted!

12. jensen9173

Hi Leong,

Finally i can partner you for today games and for the first game, it really an easy won. As for second game i made a mistake, i over confidence and thinking that we will win it easily again.:crying: I start to play around and serve like ....:eek:Sorry!. Thanks for your guidance and some serving skill.:D Well, know what, i like the second game as they are attacking me a lot and i can learn faster especially stamina:D.

13. terenceleong

GM
    Hi Bro,

Well done. We won all 3 games today :D.

2nd game was so thrilling. We were behind @ 14-20 (right?) & managed to win by 22-21 :cool:. I was oso a bit lost concentration in this game. Luckily, we came back strongly at the end part of the game. But, frankly, you really need to brush up your serving skill n footwork (but yr footwork is ok when you played calmfully). I found quite a number of good threads on serving techniques in this forum (especially posts by Gollum). Look for them ya...

Hope we will have more chances to partner together n can discuss more how to play better.

There are a lot of double techniques to adapt for each different game against different opponents.

Cheers...

14. jensen9173

Hi Leong,

Thanks! I had view and understand the verticla and horizontal backhand low serve. Wow!, really got a lot to learn even only for serve and most importand part especially 21 pts new format. Now i got something to change and improve :D

15. atason

atason Regular Member

Process supervisor
    From Ipoh

Hi Jensen,
    Im new here. Can i joint your group for playing next week tuesday?:)

16. jensen9173

Hi atason

Sure you are welcome to join us. Please call me for the details info thanks!

17. atason

atason Regular Member

Process supervisor
    Jensen,
    Will call you when i reach ipoh. Thanks.

18. jensen9173

Hi atason,
    you are from singapore right? Malaysian? Anyway good to hear from you then.:D

19. atason

atason Regular Member

Process supervisor
    Yes. Spore brand but made in Malaysia:).
    Thanks. See you.

20. atason

atason Regular Member

Process supervisor
    Hi Terence(Ah Wai),
    I'm back to spore today, so hope to play with your group again somewhere end of Nov during school holiday. All your members are good player, hope i can learn more from your.
    Thanks anyway.

Hi Jensen,
    Will joint your team next time when i'm back again. Looks like i need more pratices in order to have the level like Terence.
    Thanks. See you.

Ricky

#120 atason, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2009