Places to play in Aurora, Ontario?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by hd6556, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Smash88

Smash88 Regular Member

So I tried out the new club Machi this weekend after trying all the other new ones and I can say this is by far the best courts! High ceilings, side lighting, good distance between the 7 courts, thick mats on top of the carpet-great for my knees!There is still a little bit of work that needs to be completed like the lobby, showers etc but the courts are all done and they are great! Air conditioned and lots of parking (wide parking spaces so I do not need to worry about getting my doors dinged)! Best of all, it is a free trial until Aug 12th! Prices are very competitive with all the other inferior new offerings out there. About time we got some badminton courts without compromise in York region!

2. gamelessx25

gamelessx25 Regular Member

Self Employed
    Can anyone explain how Machi's membership will work?  The site's not very descriptive. <br><br>I.e.  Do you need to be a member to book courts?  So it's membership + pay per play or members just get to play whenever they want?

3. Smash88

Smash88 Regular Member

I think they have two types memberships: an all you can play (i picked this one!) and a membership where you are allowed to rent courts.

4. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Don't go to Machi!!!The owner is a liar! Don't go there if you don't have the partner! They never tell you that. You can pay the money, but ending up without even plays a single game! And there is no refund! Also no kids allowed for drop in! Be careful! I've played so many clubs around the city, but this place is the worst ever. The owner is selfish and has no respect for customers, even kids. My suggestion: looks for some other places, friendlier.

5. Smash88

Smash88 Regular Member

Are we talking about the same place? I play there quite often and never had any issue-i get lots of games. Like most places, you have to setup you own games with the other members-I guess if I just sat there and not ask for games I would not play many. Alternatively I sometimes rent the court with a few friends. Are you there in the middle of the day when there is not too many players? What happened with you and the owner? He seems ok.

6. machitc

machitc Regular Member

This customer played drop-in at April 23, 2013 night. After he played one game, he came out and asked for refund the fee due to no one available playing with him. But I told him that drop-in must wait for other people, can't guarantee him playing games one by one non stop. I don't know why no one willing play with him after one game. There were a lot of players inside the courts. That is very unreasonable refund. Anyways, I refunded to him and told him that no more deal with him because he really used our facility.

7. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Its not true!! On Friday April 23 I went to Machi for drop-ins from 8 to 11 pm. After 8;30 I finally played one game and after that I was waiting for another 20 min. Some players were playing singles just ignoring anyone else. After next 15min wait, I tried to join another group of players, but they refused me. I understand that they don’t know me and my badminton level. About myself: I am advanced players with 20+ years of experience, but I never refuse to anyone to play with me even the beginners. Because I don’t want anyone to feel bad or offended. So after over 40min of waiting and getting frustrated, I gave up and went to the owner to ask for refund of $7. He got mad, but finally refunded me $7 by saying, I quote ” Its first and the last time I give you the money back. Next time bring your partner! No more deals!”
    Let me explain, I was playing at this club irregularly for about one month and a half, Tuesdays and Thursdays for drop-ins, Mondays and Fridays with my 9 years old son I also introduced and recommended one of my friend to this facility and he started to take private lessons at Machi.
    The next Friday as usually I went to play badminton at Machi with my 9 years old son. When I walked in, the owner said to me “You are not welcome in this club anymore!” And when he saw my son he said “No more kids allowed for drop-ins”. When I replied, why there is other kids playing on the court?” he was just kept saying that we have to leave immidiatly!
    My questions to the owner “ Why on Facebook before he replied that no partner needed to play in his club?”
    The owner answered: I don’t care about Facebook.
    My question to the owner:” Why he treats me like that despite even that I recommended this club one of my friends trying to bring some business to him?”
    The owner answered: You can tell your friend not to come here as well! And I decide who will play here!
    (What a great appreciation and client service!!)
    My questions to the owner: What my son has to do with all that?
    The owner simply ask us to leave!
    I gave him $10 and left
    Now as a proof I attached reply from Facebook by the owner:
    Machi Training Center We have more people on Friday night drop in. You don't need to bring partner!!
    Not true!!
    The Machi drop-ins schedule:

machi.jpg
    All Drop-in must play games and use rally point system, When you play games, you can only play two games and you need to switch with other players.

Not true!! No mention of: no refund and no kids allowed.
    I’ve been playing so many clubs in Toronto and never had any issues like that. I can say that Machi
    ‘s owner is very rude and immature. Very disrespectful to the people and even kids.
    In all my future posts I’ll try to bring this issue to the badminton community. If he is an honest man he should apologise,( not before me) but at least before my son.

8. johnf

johnf New Member

Iv never had such problems with machi. Also, you don't deserve a refund. did you drop in? Yes. Did you use the facility? Yes. You are cheap to ask for a refund as well. By the way, the members are very friendly. Get to know them, they are nice and they will let you play with them. I have made some new acquaintances and i play with them all the time, and i go by myself! At first the owners introduced me to some players and even sometimes the owner plays with me. I sometimes play with his daughter too. Its not their responsibility to treat you like a child and put you together with players. You are acting like a child.

9. red_ascer

red_ascer New Member

What day and time of day is best to drop-in [MENTION=44607]Machi[/MENTION] by yourself?? and do they play feathers or plastic?

10. johnf

johnf New Member

Mostly feather, but few beginners play with plastic. I go Tuesday at 730 thursday 730 Friday 730 Saturday 730. The best days from my experience is Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. Friday is ok as well but the best days are those I mentioned.

11. johnf

johnf New Member

Of course these times are evenings and not mornings haha

12. red_ascer

red_ascer New Member

how during mid-day like around 3-7pm?

13. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Hey John! If I am a child than you are an idiot or pretending to be one. There is nothing to be ashamed off to ask for refund if you receive bad service. It has nothing to do with to be cheap or generous. My whole point is to hold the owner responsible for the promise he made to the players: “no need to bring a partner to play a game ”. That’s a lie! And the owner told me at the end that you need a partner. Also he’s been very rude to my child. If someone been rude to your daughter, you will defend her, or you are not a father at all. So before you write any idiotic replies, read my previous comments carefully! After all I left $10 instead $7(for $3he can buy ice cream for his kids!) Hope you have a good time at that club with your daughter. Anyone who wants to have a quality games, I am inviting to visit Lees instead. I’ll play with anyone from the beginner to advanced level!

14. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

I agree with John here.

Kirila. You are wrong. Accept it and move on.

Machi has good courts and friendly owners.

15. nurez

nurez Regular Member

Hi Kirila! Thank you for sharing your story with us. I’ve been in Machi a few times and I can tell you that there is not enough players yet. I would recommend the owners honestly to tell visitors that you need to bring the partner in order to play games. I don’t think I am going to join this club for now. Also there is nice facilities around this area such as Mandarin, Lees or Flying Dragon and even more! So its quiet bit competition. Regarding your son I understand you feelings. I have 11 years old daughter and if its true what you said, I have a problem to explain the owners actions. When do you play at Lees? I may come to play with you next week.

16. blindfury

blindfury Regular Member

Why do I have a feeling that Nurez and Kirila are the same person? LOL....

17. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Nurez! Thank you for your support! I'll be at Lees on Monday and Wednsday next week from 7 to 11 pm.Wiil be happy to meet you there!

18. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Hey Nurez! Don't pay any attention to blintfurry comments! I think thats the Machi's owner or his relative or friend trying to promote this club again! Unfortunatelly you can't promote anything based on lie!

19. johnf

johnf New Member

Go to nurez profile. The user JUST joined the forum in June and has only one post. Also the terrible grammar is similar to that of kurez.... Hmmm I wonder if they are the same person. Please stop trying to damage this young business, although you are failing anyways since more and more people are coming every week

20. little2sheep

little2sheep Regular Member

There are not a lot of people reading this thread, so it will not affect a lot in the club.
    Actually my friends play there weekly, and their feedbacks are pretty positive.

I think the Machi club need to host a few of tournaments to attractive more peoples.

Jim