Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

Haha bro was busy with exams. Still dun have the time to meet up with you ma. Since u bought BS12 dy then I got no one to sell to anymore lol.
    Anyway Hock eng bangi got sell 4U racquet or not ? LOL !

2. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    izwan: what's the name of hock eng shop? or just HOCK ENG??

ok gents, last nite i had a chance to play with my BS12 alone (left the MX80 & BS10 with purpose :p)....got 3hrs session and play doubles only. Throughout the session, i find that BS12 is somehow perform at par with BS10, but it can be moved faster with less energy. Netplay, control, drop, defense are really sharp, and smash is much enjoyable than mx80, but with 'slight' less power than MX10 or BS10 imho. That mean, i can smash whenever i want and where i want to :D . Plus the YY power cushion shoes is help me to enhance the damage effect with BS12. :D:D

for those who still looking forward to victor, i think BS12 is a good investment. if u got more budget, or a collector, or gadget-geek..buy as much as u like. who cares anyway :D:D:D

3. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

How much u bought ur BS12 from Hong Eng (Bangi)? I checked in one of the badminton shop in Wangsa Maju, I can get it at RM420 (without string), wonder if it is cheaper at Hock Eng or not.

4. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi, did anyone compare BS11 & BS12 or not?

I understand that BS11 is slightly head heavier which can generate more power in smashing and at the same time it can swing fast (like BS09) due to its med stiff shaft. So I can get speed and power from this racket. I am thinking to buy it actually, but after reading some of the review of BS12, I wonder if it is better than BS11.

Need the comment from all of you. Thanks.

5. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The BS12 has all the speed and for me at least more power than the 11. The 11 was my go-to for ages, but once I got the 12 and had it and my 10 strung the same, I see no reason to use the 11 anymore. The slight head-heaviness just doesn't translate onto the court into anything the 10 and 12 don't do better.

6. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi Maklike Tier, thanks for your sharing. You meant BS12 is more powerful than BS11 in term of smashing? BS12 is head lighter than BS11, how can it generate more smashing power?

I have been using head light rackets (like NS8000, NS9900) all these while and find that I lack of smashing power until I used BS11 which I borrowed from my friend. I discovered the power that BS11 can deliver and at the same time I don't have to sacrifice the speed that I am used to have when using head light racket. But BS12 is better??

7. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    I think it was just Hock Eng... but before the sport shop there's another Hock Eng minimarket

If u can get it RM420 then it's cheaper, I bought mine @ RM460 with BG66 & karakal grip

8. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    there were only 3U... if VT80, yes there are many stock 4UG4, 4UG5...

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    The 12 better for me, but who knows, you might love the 11.

Buy one, try it. :)

10. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    yes..for me too. i am happy with BS10 & BS12.

at the end, ur call...if u like it, buy it. :)

11. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Dear gentlemen,
    Today i tried my BS12 in a 3hrs session. This is the 1st time i'm trying Victor racket. before this i preferred the VT70 & Arc Z-slash, both are strung normally with BG66 @ 27lbs digital pull. I went for the same setup for my bs12 bcoz the spec says medium flex. The problem is, I'm not feeling comfortable with my usual setup on the BS12. is it normal for a medium stiff rated victor to feel stiffer than both the yy i've mentioned above? can't get the full potential of the bs12 today. might change to a lower setup as on my AT900PLC which is BG66@25lbs.

Sir maklike, any advice on this?

12. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Want to let go ur bs11? :)

13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    My BS11 looks like a dog has been chewing on it, it's so beaten up! I'd probably have to pay YOU to take it off my hands.

I have all my rackets strung at 24x26lbs with VS850, but the BS12 has probably backed off a pound or so, so it's playing a bit 'softer' than I'd normally prefer but it feels fine to me. Seems to suit it, but if it backs off any more I'll have to restring it. I should've used my local stringer as all my other VS850 strung rackets are still at 24x26.

izwanj, remember, the BS12 is a even-to-headlight design, to it will play stiffer than a more head-heavy design with the same shaft stiffness. So, if it's playing too stiff, then I'd certainly back the tension off a little.

Just remember, there's no shame in lowering the tension :) Your better off actually being able to play with a racket at 25lbs, than fluffing every shot and looking like an idiot at 30lbs :D

14. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    actually, that's was my 1st feeling towards BS12...it feel stiffer than BS10 in a way. but, the more hours u play it, then u can realise that BS12 is on par and/or perform somewhat 'slightly' better than BS10 for its defensive play :) my string 24x26 with VS850.

15. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    HAHAHA... there is no such thing as ashame on lowering my tension. It's just that i'm shocked that it doesn't feel the same. maybe i'll just go on play with it until the string back off a little and see how it goes. However thanks for your fruitful advice.:)

16. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

I think i'll go for BS12. Maybe will get it next Monday at Hock Eng..

17. :renegade:

Hope they got stock. Last time i checked they got 3 unit. since izwan already bought one, might be 2 unit left. by the way, is the VS850 is same level/spec with BG66UM?

18. samsudd_s

samsudd_s Regular Member

clerk
    bro, i saw at pertama still have 1 unit BS12 yesterday..sell at rm480 i think.

VS850 is thicker 0.68mm & BG66UM 0.65mm. feel is different...u choose.:)

19. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    At RM480, it might be cheaper to buy from RKEP Eric.

What Code are the Malaysian Victors? MY? Are the specs the same as the TW ones?

20. :renegade:

waaa.. different code got different spec?