P. V. Sindhu पुसर्ला वेन्कटा सिन्धु

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by cobalt, Jun 20, 2011.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    well done sindhu... now that india has 2 good singles players, both of them can share the expectation of the nation... not so much pressure, one of the reason China excel is because they have so many good players that each players do not have to endure too much pressure.

2. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Here is the second part of second game between sindhu vs wang yihan in HD. Thanks to Youtube member Linchongwei..

[video=youtube;2AKLTDzb5tE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AKLTDzb5tE[/video]

3. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Wow, WYH was totally out of breath from all the constant drops & lobs she had to retrieve.
    Well done Sindhu.

4. SibugiChai

YAB
    i am very impress with sindhu, i have never seen a woman play like this,... she is indeed special, very good court coverage, good wrist agility!

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    video of second game of the match played bet sindhu vs shixian

[video=youtube;MTNWHFDSjeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTNWHFDSjeM&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLIxA99cXcK2E-_smzx3D-Tt_8PbQJQV0V[/video]

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Thanks for the links, scorpion1 :)

The really interesting and revealing part of the Badzine report, is WYH's comments about her form, and about her opponent. A very, very mature and gracious interview from a very, very nice girl.

A lot of players can learn from it, IMO.

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Agree. A very mature and honest analysis. And very human.

If only (Asian) badminton players could express themselves better in media situations, they would garner more attention for themselves and the sport.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]WORLDS QF – Sindhu keeps beating China’s best[/h]
    http://www.badzine.net/news/worlds-qf-–-sindhu-keeps-beating-china’s-best/26558/

EXCERPTS:

Not only has Pusarla Venkata Sindhu (pictured) beaten China’s three top women’s singles shuttlers, but she is also now technically undefeated against two of them. Granted, yesterday’s win over Wang Yihan was the two players’ first encounter but today in Guangzhou’s Tianhe Gymnasium, she logged her second straight victory over Wang Shixian.

“Sindhu has been playing well for a while now,” said Wang Shixian (pictured below). “It isn’t as if she is just suddenly beating Chinese players. My coaches and I did a lot of research on her as preparation.

“She has long legs and arms and that makes her difficult to deal with but I just did not play with enough patience today. I was trailing throughout most of the match and I didn’t remain patient.”

Sindhu was, predictably, beaming in her post-match interview and looked particularly flattered when one journalist described her as being ‘famous’ in China.
    “I’m very thankful to my parents,” said Sindhu. “My parents were both professional volleyball players and after choosing badminton, they have supported me a lot.

“They used to take me to and from the Gopichand Academy. It was about 56km each way and it was really tough for four and a half years and then recently we have shifted nearby to the academy. So I’m really very thankful because they shifted the house for my sake and they both work and must now travel very far to go to work.

“Playing with the senior players, I think it is a very good experience and I don’t think I’m playing with pressure. If I lose, I can just learn more and if I win, it will be very good for me. So I think I am without pressure and I can just play my game and just be free.”

As i said earlier, coaches of shixian never sat idle the previous night and they have researched a lot and came with a strategy to the court. Did the execution went wrong??

10. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Today, though she faulted in semis against very experienced thai player, she has gained a bronze medal for india which is a great achievement for a eighteen year old .

CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE BRONZE MEDAL , SINDHU.

Already Jwala has tweeted her praise with kisses to Sindhu ;).

“Ayyoooo hard luck Sindhu…no matter what, u still the rock star…congratulations fr the bronze….mmwahhhh,”

11. event

event Regular Member

Excerpts? Is that an attempt at a joke? That is the entire bloody article, ripped off from a website that makes very little money, staffed by volunteers, two of whom are putting in unpaid, twelve-hour days in order to bring such news to the world for free!

The interest in Badzine content is appreciated but please, PLEASE refrain from cutting and pasting into the forum text for which the copyright belongs to Badzine.

The exasperating thing is that Badzine makes sure that cutting and pasting is completely unnecessary. A link is sufficient to give every BadmintonCentral member unimpeded access to view the text on the Badzine website and if it ever becomes inaccessible, there is always a BC member who can find a solution.

Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

#311 event, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  12. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Ratchanok is a very experienced player? I don't think so.

Sindhu could not handle RI's accurate smashes and all of Sindhu's smashes were easily retrieved by RI.

Everyone know's RI weakness, stamina. If only Sindhu's defence was better and she rallied better without giving RI change to smash, it would have been a different outcome.

My advice for Sindhu
    1) Play with the guys and try to retrieve all their smashes. I saw a video where LCW trains retrieving smashes with 3 guys smashing.
    2) Work on your smash accuracy to the lines.

Good luck.

13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Sorry pal. I never post badzine articles hereafter. Thanks for reminding me..:)

14. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

You can still post but just provide a link and one sentence summary. We do appreciate your effort to search out relevant articles to read.

15. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    She came to the circuit when she was 14 or 15 i think.
    2 years of more experience in badminton means a lot to players. That's why i said like that.

16. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

No issues. Sindhu needs to work on her overall skillset and be well rounded else she wont get far.

Her contant drops and rallies against WYH worked very well.
    So RI neutralised her by attacking non stop and keeping the rallies short.
    Now every chinese player is going to use this against her.

So Sindhu go and brush up your defense big time else, you might not reach the SS QF onwards.

For Saina, very easy solution, go and lose 5kgs.

17. SibugiChai

YAB
    Sindhu has problem with ratchanok deceptive shots too, china players are less deceptive and reli on speed and power... Sindhu no doubt is quick and powerful, of she can improve her skills, she will be winning lot of tourney

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/18726...l-sindhu-loses-semifinal-wins-historic-bronze

EXCERPTS:

Sindhu congratulated Ratchanok for reaching the finals.

"I want to thank all the people who have supported me. Ratchanok played very well today and I would like to congratulate her on reaching the final. She was hitting good smashes througout the game," Sindhu said.

"I made some errors. But what can I say. I will try my best the next time I get an opportunity. I think I have proved what I had said before leaving for the tournament."

Yep. We all know that you have proved it. You fulfilled your one of your birthday wishes . i.e, One of them is a Semifinal finish in world championships. We all are behind you. Go ahead.. Fulfill the remaining two as well :)

19. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Right, but deceptive shots only works well when used sparingly. Next time Sindhu will be more ready for them. RI used to do a lot of cross court net tricks shots before, she does not do it any more because almost all players are ready for it. Check out her matches early last year

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [h=1]Lack of experience cost Sindhu: Ramana[/h]http://www.thehindu.com/sport/other-sports/lack-of-experience-cost-sindhu-ramana/article5010459.ece

EXCERPTS:

Her father P.V. Ramana said “Ratchanok Intanon played a brilliant game. She deserved to win. I think lack of experience proved costly for Sindhu who did not play her natural game at all.”

“Being sportspersons ourselves, we (parents) know what it means to be a medal winner in a World championship. We were disappointed at her loss today, but not dejected. Especially if we look at the larger picture of Sindhu coming back home with the bronze medal,” said Ramana.

Sindhu’s mother Vijaya said “somehow, Sindhu was sceptical of her chances against the Thai girl. I think she has to watch a lot of her videos and try to be a better player."

S.M. Arif, former national coach said “To beat two big Chinese players on two consecutive days you need to have special talent. And I believe that Sindhu, being a diligent trainee and a willing learner, will go a long way in her career,".

2013 Thailand Open winner K. Srikanth said: “we have been expecting this from one of the three — Saina, Sindhu and Kashyap. And, beating the Chinese in front of their home crowd is no mean achievement.”