Yonex new racket is coming: Nanoray Z speed!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by kumache, May 29, 2013.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

Don't worry, you're not the only one... look at Koo/Tan and Goh LiuYing, they've gotten worse since switching to it. ;)

2. sc540i

sc540i Regular Member

I concur what you've said about NRZS. There are quite number of people here commanding the racket based on its static characteristic instead of actually hitting birdie at the court. In my opinion, this racket is performed very much the way it is described in Yonex performance chart - fast swing speed and neutral in head balance. I own NRZS (3U), NR800 (4U), NS9900 (4U), and Li ling N55. I can switch easily switch between NR800 and NRZS during the game. Both NRZS, NR800 and NS9900 are felt very similar but NRZS does feel swing faster even it is 3U in weight. In contrast, LN N55 is felt much head heavier than all 3 other rackets.

3. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    u sure ur ns9900 is a 4u?

4. sc540i

sc540i Regular Member

My bad! It is 3U on my NS9900

5. T-maker

T-maker Regular Member

Trouble Maker
    ok...took it for a ride yesterday..

26x27 lbs - nanogy 98 string

can't say much cos only one session...BUT.... not as bad as i feared after reading all the negative comments here..

Clears are easy,powerful...
    smashes are sharp and strong
    net play are good/reponsive..

so,for an ' amatuer ' like me,no complains...

also having a shoulder ache .but but but...

plenty of mishits....still can't get used to the weight/shape of the racquet...

need a few more sessions to be able to 'tame' it...lol...

6. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

In a fast doubles game, "plenty of mishits" is a very bad thing.

7. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    After reading 30 pages of comments and holding the racket in my hand at my club (( didn't play with )) it reminds me of my muscle power 100 but with different "tech". Slightly lighter and a tad more head heavy. Granted is was completely dry vs my strung and gripped mp100.

That thing is a beast to smash with. The 2U version was pretty hefty and super solid feeling. Hard as hell on my arm too lol. Always wanted it but slightly lighter and a bit more shaft flex so it makes me very tempted to get the nanoray.

Edit : the nanoray i held was 3U.

8. yeahehehehe

yeahehehehe Regular Member

NOTE: It's not a nanoray.

9. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    The name is Nanoray Z Speed. Even with all the argument here, I doubt Yonex will change its name

10. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Well, to voltric z-speed? The second z series in the voltric lane maybe? =)

11. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

So, is Z speed good or bad? i'm thinking of getting one myself 3U version, am fond to head-heavy racket. I used VT80 3U as my primary racket but still have difficulty in keeping up with the speedy defense! I wonder Z-speed 3U has both power smash and a bit more defensive attributes than VT80 3U?? please need some advice.

12. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Well the frame might be an issue since the Voltric 80 is normal isometric, why don't you get a 4U VT 80? :)

13. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

To some players, the Z-Speed is great. I have seen some guys playing at Open and Invitational tournaments and I asked them how they felt about the Z-Speed, some loves it...

Personally, I do not like the Z-Speed's dampened feel, and the accuracy is so so imho.
    But if all you want is POWER, the Z-Speed will provide plenty of rocket hard smashes and far clears.

In my opinion, the Z-Speed is a user-friendly Z-Force, albeit less head heavy and less stiff...

If you want the power of the Z-Force, but cannot handle the head heaviness and stiffness and don't care about the feel upon contact, then the Z-Speed is for YOU!!!

lol, over excited

14. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I will be reviewing Z Speed very soon. I have completed my testing and will be writing a number of reviews over the next few days.

Here's the dilemma for me. This is the first Yonex racket I have reviewed since moving to Victor. I have tested many Victor rackets recently which have all been good.

My thoughts on Z Speed are not as positive and I am concerned I will be accused of bias which is untrue. After all, i reviewed other brands whilst I was with Yonex and there were no issues. But this is different because it's a top of the range model.

Because of this my review will take more time as I have to be more careful what i say. Maybe it's me. What do you think guys?

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

15. btonbladet.dk

btonbladet.dk Regular Member

Paul, how can you be un-biased when you are paid by Victor?

When that's said I don't think it'll be a big problem as you seem keen on making good reviews. My concern about you as a reviewer would be with the Victor rackets, not other brands.

16. Magicmeatbag

Magicmeatbag Regular Member

Landscaping
    That's the funny thing about the internet. It's really up to you if you want to believe what people write or say. It really is your responsibility as the reader to be able to critically think on your own and in my opinion if you feel someone isn't being honest then think that.

But I've read a lot of his reviews and I think he tries to not be favored this way or that and is upfront about his sponsorship and personally I'm just glad someone takes the time to do reviews on the new rackets coming out lol.

Anyways waiting on the Z speed review! And the MX-90 for that matter lol.

17. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    Paul,

Alot of us appreciate the effort you put into the reviews and find it an invaluable source of information.

I assume most people who are in the market for a badminton racquet will do their due diligence and spend time poring through reviews, getting feedbacks and if possible, doing a demo.

Your reviews are an important supplement in the decision making process and the fact that you expressed your concerns publicly shows that accuracy and unbias reviews are your priorities and that adds credibility to that you have already achieved.

Keep up the good work !

18. OctoLotuS

OctoLotuS Regular Member

Promote and increase Badminton awareness in Wester
    Paul,

A good review is one that is unbiased and gives your honest views on the racquet.

It is true that some will believe your reviews will be biased due to your affiliations with Victor but you have built up enough of a good reputation that I'm sure you will give your honest and genuine opinion on the racquets you review.

It is much better to give a bad review that is honest and true rather than a good review of a racquet you don't have positive feelings about because that would be a true indication of being biased.

19. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Well at least you have try it. Some people make review base on the spec (like in Amazon) and never actually hold the real racket.

Just be honest about the review :)

20. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Paul,

would you review Victor The Legend both I (red) & II (gold) generation? And, would appreciate if you write a review on Yonex Nanoray Z-Speed too.

Thanks