Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    haha :).. using a car analogy... I would never give a way any of my Veyrons to buy a Königsegg :p :cool:

/Twobeer

2. issarakaya

issarakaya Regular Member

Operational Dir.
    ^
    errr exactly 2,27 pc Tetracross 700 for 1pc Li Ning N90........and both are discount price :D

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If we would have known about them, they would not be "unkown" ;)

/Twobeer

4. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

Yes I would be interested to know of the "few unknown Chinese brands that are close to the top Li Ning racquets" myself. Me being a badminton ignoramus here ;):p

5. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

I like the term "paper-tiger marketing" :p

6. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

I think he means the E-1000...

And yes, i am not helping...

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There are many racquet manufacturers in China who can make very good racquets. It is not that difficult because it merely requires they buy better and more expensive prepreg. But manufacturers with a small marketing presence cannot afford to make these high quality racquets because their names are unknown, hence they make bread and butter racquets in which they sell by the thousands. There are still a few small ones that still stubbornly maintain at least one top quality grade which hardly sells, although they survive this cut-throat business by selling large volumes of lower end racquets.
    I have with me 3 of such racquets, two of the same model and the other model is more of an attacking racquet. I can say they outgun the AT-700, ARC 10, AT-900s, AT800s, and the NXs, MP100, MP99 by quite a wide margin. A visual inspection and some testing of the racquets also tend to confirm this. Yes, there is a simple test using both hands to do a comparative A/B test between two racquets. It gives you a pretty good picture of the frame's materials youngs modulus, not its tensile strength. It requires a strung racquet for a more accurate check.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    the part u don't understand is, who want those superior rackets?????? I'll give u the answer: those solid B+ and better players who can make use and can feel the difference of rackets made with expensive materials AND have the money to afford them. U see, +90% of the players out there are i would say B level and lower AND/OR don't have 300 USD pocket change lying around. The successful (ie. profitable) companies understand this and cater all spectrum of users. A good racket is a racket that suit the user, not the one made with the best and most expensive carbon fiber/materials.

Tell me, how many people out there own a woven 16 compared to say a less expensive SOTX? Answer: http://www.badmintonforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45337

#168 cooler, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  9. camillus

camillus Regular Member

Hmmm .... there was a European guy sitting in front of me at the SG Aviva open who also bought a Li-ning bag. It was gold and black.

So with Oldhand's red one - that makes 2!!!

10. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I have a N70, so 4 rackets sold, but than I'm in Canada

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is a diminishing value or quality for money return on racquets that are heavily sponsored. A top Li Ning racquet surely is not twice the quality of a top Yonex or other brand racquets. Had Li Ning not secured the sponsorship of the Chinese national team-and they did it by customizing their range to individual players!-their RMB 1,800 racquets wouldn't even sell for RMB 500. They would gather dust just like those other unknown manufacturers who, through pride, still maintain a flagship model or two.

12. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

didnt you get yours from Bbeshop? Thats in China/ Hong Kong. so, not the same. oh well.

13. jjlow

jjlow Regular Member

hey taneepak and oldhand,what is the maximum tension the woods90 racket can take?and foes Li Ning rackets come with warranty or anthing?thanks

14. Michael 09

Michael 09 New Member

I bought N70 last week and my friend bought N90 from Queensway. We got 15% discount with grip,string and free stringing. I think this offer was quite reasonable.
    Both rackets came with one 3 in 1 bag which is smaller version of China team bag.
    We got it strung at 27 pnd. but the owner told me the rackets could be strung above 30 pnd.

There is 6 months warranty.The warranty system is something like warranty for eletronic items.

Though the price was above my budget, One thing I must say the feeling and the power of the racket is really amazing.

15. jjlow

jjlow Regular Member

i see...cos i string my rackets quite high and not sure if the Li Ning racket can take the tension.thanks!

16. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Not ready to get suckered into Li-Ning's marketing....Maybe I'll see if I can get a free one from my friend's baddy store in China. :D:D

17. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Unless you are stringing at above 36 pounds, most top-end racquets can take the tension.

The question is: Can you? :)

18. kirbosmash

kirbosmash Regular Member

19. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

wow. that kinda just crushed my want of a li ning racket.
    on the other hand, twobeer will be leased to know you can get the TC700 at a decent price.

20. jjlow

jjlow Regular Member

haha.cos i string at 36lbs.and the woods90 have not have a stated recommended tension on the racket.i agree that most top-end rackets can take 36lbs BUT not regularly.yonex if string at 36lbs will break after around 3 restrings.