Victor New Racket Meteor X JJS ??

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Polaroid, May 18, 2012.

1. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Those have pm me I have replied, some of you haven't gotten my replies yet probably your message has full, please clean your message box.

2. ben94

ben94 Regular Member

hey, is your mx jjs tw, cn or hk coded?

3. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

TW only, CN coded due to quality issue already stopped taking from the supplier. The color quality is too much difference compare to TW.

4. J4se98

J4se98 Regular Member

unprofessional badminton player
    Is the MX JJS only good for smashing?

5. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Hi bro. Since you had compared both and notice such huge difference in paint work, got any pix to share with us? Will be good if is side by side compare. Thx in advance :)

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I would like to watch a compare picture on TW and CN racket

7. J4se98

J4se98 Regular Member

is the mx jjs only good for smashing?

8. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Depend on your play style, if you have good wrist and body power, you will think VTZF is much powerful smash compare to JJS, if wrist power is low like me, JJS helps a lot, but for sure defend is the key point for me to use JJS and not the smashing.

9. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

I can show you directly, both pieces I carry everyday when have game, come join me a few games you can see before I get rid of the CH coded.

10. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

11. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

A bit confused, meaning u hav both the CN and TW coded with you ? or already sold off the CN one ?
    From the pix provided in the link compared to pix taken from you, only difference i see is darker color tat looks almost red in your pix. Can be due to lighting angle. Hope there's more close up photo to see the difference. Thx ~

12. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

Yes, I have both. CN I have returned back to the distributor due to the quality issue complained by my customer, so I have returned 9 out of 10, only 1 customer accepted it. So it is very depend on personal, if you like CH definitely can get it is different by RM50 at least for the cost wise. :)

13. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Wah.. can join you and also test out the racket ah? Where? Hehe.. interested woh...

Quite surprise that you said you use JJS to help you on your defense... Normally head heavy racket will cause slower defense

14. loneboy62

loneboy62 Regular Member

y
    Can can can...welcome to join me, Monday in LCW Sport Arena Old Klang Road. The octagon design help the swing, so head heavy you can't really feel that when you swing, that turned up more balance.

15. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I see... Previously I have SW35 and found that it is too head heavy and stiff... my defense got slower due to not enough strength to handle it. Now using MX60 but seems like need more power... not too sure if MX JJS is the one in between... MX60 and MX JJS has the same head heavy rating though.

16. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup, mx60 and mx jjs has same head heavy rating but the feel of head heaviness when you holding and playing are different.

17. J4se98

J4se98 Regular Member

When you use the mx jjs do you feel like you dont have much control with it?

18. CanadianBadmint

CanadianBadmint Regular Member

Student
    Well, after an agonizing 6 day wait, my Victor MX JJS is finally here! Here are my first impressions of the racket. I will be directly comparing the JJS to my current favourite racket; the MX80.

Looks:
    I love the style of this racket! The dark orange and black theme of the JJS makes it seem so much more sinister and intimidating than the bright white and gold of the MX80. My choice of black strings also adds to the effect. The matte finish of the carbon looks great as well and I love the fact that the frame design is asymmetrical. There also a few flashes of silver here and there that brightens up the racket.

You could say that the MX JJS is the rebel of the Meteor lineup in terms of design.

Measurements and thoughts:
    The total weight of my MX JJS with strings and no overgrip (just original grip on) is 89 grams. In comparison, my MX80 with strings and a G11 RKEP overgrip on is 94 grams. After holding and twirling the JJS around in my hand, it definitely feels very light and manoeuvrable.

My first impression of swinging the racket around is surprise. It doesn’t feel that head heavy at all! It moves and cuts through the air as fast as my MX80. I was definitely expecting the racket to feel more head heavy. And so, I measure the balance point (bp) and lo and behold, more surprises! The bp of my MX JJS with strings and no overgrip on is 304mm! In comparison, my MX80 has a bp of 293.5mm. So, in theory, the MX JJS should feel pretty head heavy but I couldn’t feel a difference compared to my MX80. Perhaps the lightness of my JJS with no overgrip on is causing this feeling. I’ll find out later when I get an overgrip.

After bending the shaft of the JJS, I can tell that it’s definitely less stiff than the MX80. This proved to be true as well when swinging the racket around. I could actually feel clear flex in the JJS’s shaft whereas when swinging the MX80, I can hardly feel it flexing at all.
    I then proceeded to bounce a feel shuttles around with the JJS and was very impressed with the feeling. Despite the extra flexibility, it retains all of the “crispness” of the MX80.

In conclusion:
    The MX JJS seems to be a very promising racket and I can’t wait to fully unleash it in a real game. I will see in a few weeks if I have finally found the replacement for my MX80.

19. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Thanks! Please compare the stiffness to the other Meteors as well, if possible :)

20. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Thanks for the initial review, been waiting for a comparison between JJS and MX80.
    Sounds good and hope it doesnt play too differently with my current fav MX80.