2013 Australian Open (from April 02 to April 07)

Discussion in 'Australian / New Zealand Open 2013' started by chris-ccc, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sure, I simply mean that everybody has his/her fave(s) and they are free to add in any names they like but not randomly give a list of names without reasonable basis. As you can see, my list is open-ended and incomplete, I may have miss any names unintentionally, no offence intended, that's why I'm indirectly inviting input; feel free to do so,to each his/her own.

Btw, I'd like to add Lee Yong Dae/Ko Sung Hyun, Ahsan/Setiawan, Tantowi/Natsir, Juliane Schenk, and Saina Nehwal.

2. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Tian Hou Wei is 19 yo ??
    you sure ??
    He played in WJC BS Final 2009 against 22 yo Iskandar.
    Even at that time, there were some rumours that Tian was cheating his age.
    If he didnt cheat his age at that time, then he should be 21 yo by now... cmiiw

3. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Yep. He is not 19 .. He is 21. He was born in January 1992.

4. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what i like to see is the return of Wang Xin and Wang Lin.

5. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what i like to see is the return of Wang Xin and Wang Lin.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Oh yes,that's my wish too !

7. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    actually, i do believe that his real age is around 23-24 yo :rolleyes:

8. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    Gosh, this Aussie MT is badly brain-washed.

In the overall scheme of things, badminton is but a footnote in the tsunami of great things to come from China – and I venture that is the reason for the uneasiness and apathy in the crowd on Saturday (the “crowd” being the Australian crowd of Anglo-Saxon or British origin).

The underlying truth is that all nations will do all it can in its power to gain leverage and advantage over the other. If nationalism, even though perceived by many as a double-edge sword, could be used in such a way as to unite its people and motivate them into achieving things that could proffer towards a stronger and more prosperous future (that is in-line with the government’s long term agenda or strategy), then I guess there is absolutely nothing wrong with “nationalism”.

However, even the term “nationalism” is misleading in itself – it is a word cleverly coined by the West in order to try to marginalise (and demonise) countries such as China - brainwashing unsuspecting folks like many on this forum and everywhere else. What is actually patriotism in China is being coined as nationalism by the West, but never the reverse – why can’t anyone see the hypocrisy and double standards of the West? Which country in the world does not have any level of patriotism or nationalism in its people?

There was a time when the West always regard the Chinese as weak and lacking in confidence. Now that the Chinese have become more affluent; more confident and vocal on matters pertaining to her own historical past for example, the West would accuse it as nationalism and propaganda. The gullible world have been brainwashed because they have seen the World through western lens for too long – 200 years maybe - and MT here is our good example.

Well, China is basically a country which has no problem with history as long as it is recorded properly.

So in this multi-lateral, multi-cultural world – and deep beneath the superficiality of our day-to-day acquaintances with fellow colleagues; neighbours; and people on this forum - we have already unwittingly taken a side that aligns with our own allegiance and cultural roots to varying degree. We are only a ‘citizen of the world’ as long as it is economically beneficial and fashionable to do so. Because when ‘push comes to shove’, who can you turn to except your own?

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yup
    some of cba player avoided(despite qualify) attend the youth olympic which have age test.
    this speak about the truth;)

10. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Now, it really doesn't matter what is THW's real age

BTW, THW's birth date was updated/released by BWF. If BWF cannot confirm if THW's birth date is correct; I believe no other tournament organisers can.

Anyway, THW is participating in our BWF's Open-Age tournaments now. Currently, it really doesn't matter what is THW's real age. :):):)

11. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You accuse me of being brainwashed? Did you read what you wrote?

Badminton was invented by the English mate, it didn't 'come from China', and do you honestly think a section of the crowd not barracking for a certain player is solely based on where the game originated? I play badminton in Australia, I've been to the open, and the vast VAST majority of the crowd are of Asian descent or origin, so your argument is utterly baseless.

Geez, have to even read Russell or Orwell or Machiavelli? You think the world is one giant battleground where the only motivation is leverage over others?

Patriotism and nationalism is the same thing. Look it up. Or is that a western construct too, designed to baffle and confuse?

Yes, Marco Polo hated China, and the wealth of information and trade and culture brought from the east to the west - such as fireworks and silk and the humble noodle - was frowned upon and seen as inferior by every single westerner ever born.

That's basically your position, right? That the West regards the Chinese as 'weak and lacking in confidence'? Despite the wholesale embracing of Chinese culture, trade and technology, historically?

Just who's drinking the Kool-Aid here?

You are kidding right?

There seems to be a thread running through your comments and that is one of dominance, negativity, false beliefs (the West belittling the East, seriously?), of commerce and a belief that being 'multi-national' is only for fashion and economics. I think this is a very narrow, negative and destructive world view, even. Honestly, do some more reading, preferably not the October 10 Manifesto over and over and over again. Heck, you're in Singapore FFS - just read a few interviews of
    Lee Kuan Yew, for a start.

#751 Maklike Tier, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  12. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer

You are brainwashed for your bullzhit excuse for the 'lack of enthusisam' by the anglo-saxon crowd in Sydney. What "Australian vernacular"; what "interloper"; 'worthiness' and 'heirachy' are you talking about? By whose standards? The British?

You totally lost me here, mate. Who cares where the game came from? I'm referring to the many great things to come from China in the future, and the anglo-saxon crowd is still oblivious to this shift of power and new reality. Many of them are ingrates who refuse to acknowledge the new balance because of their western allegiance and cultural roots. Most can't even be bothered to remember or pronounce correctly the Chinese names - even the commentator got it wrong several times.

This is a primary concern of every major state in the world, don't you know? The security dilemma.

Patriotism = good; western democratic societies.
    Nationalism = evil; authoritarian communist regimes.

200 years ago, mate, from the inception of the the 1st Opium War during the QIng dynasty? Remember "the sick man of Asia"? Marco Polo was during the 1200s and fireworks the 7th century, mate. Get your history right, MT.

Don't you just luv the statement; "China is basically a country which has no problem with history as long as it is recorded properly." So true but so hard for the rest of the world to accept and uphold because they have lots of skeletons in their closet. The West will have their version of history and China will have her own.

Lots of ad hominen from our Aussie friend here. Just to humor you:

“For America (or the West) to be displaced, not in the world, but only in the western Pacific, by an Asian people long despised and dismissed with contempt as decadent, feeble, corrupt, and inept is emotionally very difficult to accept. The sense of cultural supremacy of the Americans will make this adjustment most difficult. Americans believe their ideas are universal -- the supremacy of the individual and free, unfettered expression. But they are not -- never were. In fact, American society was so successful for so long not because of these ideas and principles, but because of a certain geopolitical good fortune: an abundance of resources and immigrant energy, a generous flow of capital and technology from Europe, and two wide oceans that kept conflicts of the world away from American shores.

The United States (or the West) cannot stop China's rise. It just has to live with a bigger China, which will be completely novel for the United States, as no country has ever been big enough to challenge its position. China will be able to do so in 20 or 30 years. Americans have to eventually share their preeminent position with China.

The size of China's displacement of the world balance is such that the world must find a new balance. It is not possible to pretend that this is just another big player. This is the biggest player in the history of the world.

Issues that challenge China's sovereignty and unity will arouse China's hostility. To emphasize such issues makes sense only if it is U.S. policy to contain China and to slow down or abort its rapid economic growth.

Do not treat China as an enemy…” Lee Kuan Yew

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

This MT guy just like many ppls fr rest of world (not incl me) feeling uneasy about what China is doing, yes sometimes there was misbehavior fr China, yet which country doesn't?

Simply, jealousy and ignorance of excellency doesn't make you better or stronger, but worse and weaker. I think China doesn't mind you to be weaker by yourself like this.

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    alright gentlemen, the discussion has gone way off topic into world politics, which is not something that we allowed here.

i am closing this thread.

any attempt to spring up similar discussion elsewhere will be dealt with heavily.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.