Post YOUR Yonex Serial Numbers, No eBay Enquiries, Read Post#1, price/source required

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by kwun, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Armortec2010

Armortec2010 Regular Member

---->8---- cut here (include this line) ---->8----
    racket model: Yonex Armortec 500
    shaft serial: 5243001
    cone code : 181146SP
    source : 2nd hand
    price : 56 USD

Thanks a lot!!

2. willyloo1979

willyloo1979 Regular Member

technician
    racket model: Yonex Arc Saber 10
    shaft serial: 7404780
    cone code : 280182SP
    source : sport link
    price : $269

racket model: Yonex Ti 10 (Purple)
    shaft serial: 7461780
    cone code : 190288SP
    source : Tampines Sport Hall
    price : $180

#5662 willyloo1979, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. SOS56789

SOS56789 New Member

Can you check this Yonex serial no.

Hi, can someone check these serial numbers to veryify if it's original Yonex racquet.

racket model: Yonex ArcSaber 10

shaft serial: 7232539
    cone code : 020882JP
    source : eBay
    Seller:[​IMG][​IMG]waymyway[​IMG]( 10121012[​IMG]) [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    price : US$100

Thanks

4. azqm66

azqm66 New Member

no
    Model : Yonex NP623
    Shaft serial : 8516285
    Cone No. : 100564SP
    Source : SOGO (HK)

5. Timmytimtimtim

Timmytimtimtim Regular Member

Engineer
    racket model: Yonex MusclePower99 SP
    shaft serial: 6448205
    cone code : 041063SP
    source : bonchu on Badmintoncentral.com
    price : CDN $160

I appreciate the help. Thanks!

6. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

Just a reminder. Do you really think posting genuine serial numbers is safe? If a fake racquets maker find these information, he can use those genuine numbers on his product. Then nobody can validate if it's genuine from the serial number. Besides, the faker get SN from all over the world, so the fake racquets can be sold world wide.
    The price can not be a proof, a fake racquet can also be sold with a sky high price just like Yonex.

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    What is the difference? The counterfeit racket maker can simply walk into the racket store which sells genuine rackets and simply write down the numbers.

Price and serials alone is not enough to determine if it's a genuine racket. The customer needs to know what the genuine one looks like and also if they got it from a reliable source (ie. Yonex Authorized Dealer).

8. xiaoheng

xiaoheng Regular Member

racket model: Yonex MP-99
    shaft serial: 5198932
    cone code : 051042SP
    source : shop in singapore (forgot the name)
    price : $179

thanks

9. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

Collecting genuine numbers in real life is much difficult than collecting hundreds of numbers on network, which is much easier (like in this thread). With hundreds numbers, fakers can evenly distribute them to fake racquets. This make it more difficult to identify the fake racquets.

The only way to prevent this is to set up a "authorized one time authentic serial number". One serial number should be authenticated only once by a sole authorized department or institution. And the serial number should be kept security, but not public like in this thread.

Yonex authorized dealers generally are more reliable, but the prices there are normally more expensive.

10. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Ok point taken. Right now the fake makers have not made any so-called perfect rackets so far however it would be still a concern because the unsuspected fall for them.

11. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    time and time again this comes up, if you know what are the indications of a genuine racquet, then you know what to look for if you suspect that a racquet is counterfeit. yes the codes can be copied but like Matt said, there has not been a perfect counterfeit as of yet.

12. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

It's true that "there has not been a perfect counterfeit as of yet", but just think about the reason why this thread exist.

13. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Yes, I get what you're saying but that is why leeshim always remind the racquet owner that checking the serial and date code is not sufficient to determine whether or not the racquet is genuine.

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What you are forgetting is that in case a real number combination get's copied from this thread it is already in the database so should it pop up again, newly bought, there is no way it can be genuine. Only if it's second hand ;).
    Obviously when we walk in a store without being able to check the database it would indeed be hard which is probably what you meant in the first place :D.

#5674 demolidor, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  15. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

Ok, let me guess leeshim's work flow of validating:
    1. leeshim get a SN here
    2. leeshim connect to the Yonex's main SN database and check if the SN is valid
    3. If the SN is valid, then in the main database this SN is marked as CHECKED, and the reseller of this SN will be recoreded.
    4. If somebody else (no matter if s/he's a agent in client center or somebody like leeshim) try to validate the same SN in the main database, s/he will be told that this SN has been used elsewhere.

If this is the workflow, then a "authorized one time authentic serial number" system has been setup. And we don't need to worry about SN being reused. If it isn't, then my worry is reasonable.

When I walk in a store, I can read the producing date and selling area from the cone SN, and I know approximate starting number of main SN for this cone SN. If the SN looks OK and the racquet looks and feels OK, and the price is not strange, then I will have confidence to buy it. But this is not the case for many other racquet users. For them, the SN might be the only method to check if the product is genuine. So I think it might be better to keep this method safe for them.

16. khtwo

khtwo Regular Member

By the way, from ryim's reply "leeshim always remind the racquet owner that checking the serial and date code is not sufficient to determine whether or not the racquet is genuine.", I can see that a "authorized one time authentic serial number" system has not been setup. The SN will be checked in database to see if Yonex has this SN, but can't be told how many times this SN has been used. So the danger exists there.

17. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

The shaft serial and cone code of this racket was verified valid prevously for BC Member "Kaiyo" of Peterborough.

18. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have checked in the information of your Yonex
    1) Arc Saber 10 Shaft Serial:7404780; Cone Code:280182SP (date=28 Jan 2008);
    2) Ti 10 (Purple) Shaft Serial:7461780; Cone Code:190288SP (date=19 Feb 2008)
    to my information list of Yonex rackets made in Japan, their shaft serials and cone codes are legitimate.

However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the rackets carefully and compare the specifications to ascertain their total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.

19. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have checked in the information of your Yonex MusclePower 99 Shaft Serial:6448205; Cone Code:041063SP (date=04 Oct 2006) to my information list of Yonex rackets made in Japan, its shaft serial and cone code are legitimate.

However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the racket carefully and compare the specifications to ascertain its total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.

20. leehsim

leehsim Regular Member

I have checked in the information of your Yonex MusclePower 99 Shaft Serial:5198932; Cone Code:051042SP (date=05 Oct 2004) to my information list of Yonex rackets made in Japan, its shaft serial and cone code are legitimate.

However you still need to inspect the other physical features of the racket carefully and compare the specifications to ascertain its total legitimacy or authenticity yourself.