Victor Super Waves 35

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by chungjun, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Alapongtai

Alapongtai Regular Member

i use arc 8dx right now. used to have at900t but lost it -.-
    i like the control, power, and balance. i cant really pinpoint what i dont like. its a really good racket.
    i just want another racket so ill have one to use when the strings break or something.
    and itll be nice to have a singles racket. i heard too many good things about sw35 lol
    also, i wanted to try a brand other than yonex. thats why im looking at either the sw35 or the new kason twister c7

2. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Well, there's nothing as head-heavy as the AT900T in the Victor range - although I think the new MX80 will change all that.

The SW's play very much like the ArcSabers, so there could be something in there for you.

You'll like the Victors regardless - they're such great value for money and there's some real crackers in their various ranges.

3. flashback3003

flashback3003 Regular Member

Just wondering, why are there some sw35's that are printed(on the shaft) as "victor super inside wave 35" as in page 8 and others are just "super waves 35"? Is one a fake or cause of different coding theres a different name?

4. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

"Super Inside Waves" are what Victor brands the SuperWaves series in Europe. It's the same racket, just slightly changed name, and fonts. Both play the same. No fakes available AFAIK, unless you look in some really dodgy places.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

So strings on the SW35 broke yesterday, I cut them out within a few minutes and put it back in the bag.

When I got home, I had a close inspection of the grommets, and noticed some things:

Firstly, I am no expert, so others please do help me out/correct me.

On inspection 2 grommets appeared to be broken, there only appeared to be half a grommet remaining in each of them. I am wondering, do these need replaced ? It doesn't appear that it will cause damage to the frame, but I am unsure as my inexperience in regards to stringing is non existent.

Also a few grommets appeared to be quite sharp. Particulary, one of the shared grommets near the top of the frame.

I am not sure if these need replaced, and if so, where can I get the appropriate grommets for it ?

I am not in a hurry to restring it, I can wait for a week or two, as I am looking for black strings (possibly NS95 Black) to go with it. And anyway I enjoyed using the NS9900 again in singles.:) wouldn't mind using it for a few sessions (despite the strings looking worse for wear on that as well)

6. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Cool , bro .. NS95 .. Li ning String .

Ok , Just to share once again on my recently 3 weeks old superwave 35 racket.

Play for the 3rd time yesterday.

Rally : 9/10.

Drop: 6/10

Smash :7.5/10

Drive/back hand shot : 8/10

Netting: 8/10

String : Victor VS850

Tension: 29

Although some rating not so good, as only used for 3 weeks .. still getting use to the racket.

7. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Reason your drop and smash isn't so good is because your tension is too high :)

8. Alapongtai

but most pros string around that tension right..?

9. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Kooky isn't a pro. He's gone though about as many rackets in the past 12 months as Dink has.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    agree. super stiff racket + super high tension. you better have damn solid power in order to get anything out of it.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    us mortals cannot compare ourselves with pros. higher tension doesn't automatically give you power. if you are not able to propel it, it will actually rob power away from you.

12. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    agree 100% with kwun, no need to go until 29lbs....26 lbs is good enough for us....

13. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

i tried to go on 26lbs and my right shoulder (right-handed player) felt painful during the game & i couldn't generate above 70% of my normal power. It happens for weeks until one day my 26lbs string snapped and i restrung with 25lbs instead (sounds ridiculous with an increase of only 1lbs). slowly the annoying painful gone & i could play with full power. later i was told that my body tried to warn me that 25lbs is all i could take on, & beyond that tension is weeks-long painful with lamest game ever! I didn't believe this fact at first and had experiments of several times about changing tension(over the last 5 years). Now, sadly i came to conclusion that i really shouldn't go beyond 25lbs for.... ever??

moral is, if you think & feel that 30lbs on your racket sounds pretty cool & boast your confidence during the game, then you should give it a try. Eventually your body & your game's quality will give you the right answer within weeks. If you play best on court with 30lbs although you ain't pro then lucky you!

14. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    thanks to this topic, I've purchased an SW 35. I've received this racket today and I'm going to try it tomorrow during a tournament LOL as a secondary racket. I'll give a review next week and will post some pics.

15. Cory

Cory Regular Member

IT Consultant
    How does the SW 35 compare to say APACS Tantrum 200 or 300 ?

16. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

I noticed everyone sw35 grip size is either g2 or g3. Do they have anything like yonex g5 grip size?

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Victor G2 and G3 are what similar in size to Yonex G4 and G5. Victor g3 is similar to YY G4, G2 is similar to YY G5

18. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

Thanks bro. They all diff size though same rating. Confusing and misleading.

19. Alapongtai

sw35 3u or 4u...that is the question. hmmm

20. txv611

txv611 Regular Member

I had the Tantrum 200 before. Just wanna check with bros here with experience with Tantrum 200, comparing T200 to SW35, which racket will feel lighter and easier to whip around for doubles?

Thanks