Rexy Mainaky as Coach

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, Sep 7, 2011.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

if like this, BAM will become what happened to FAM in future... (all players in the same skin color...)

2. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

According to Goh Liu Ying, the CTC has merged XD and WD. So, they will be training together under Jeremy Gan and Rexy. Jeremy will take carge of XD while Rexy will be the headcoach of XD and MD, with Chong Kien Ling as the assistant coach.

For MD, Tan Kim Her has been promoted to become the chief coach. Pang Cheh Chang and Rosman will coach in MD as well.

This might be temporary as the CTC might reshuffle the coaching team again.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

That looks like Rexy will take the WD, exchange with Pang, that's what I'm expecting anyway.

4. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

I actually think that Pang was doing quite well in WD, seen a few potential young talents coming up. Not sure asking PAng to take over MD is a good decision since he already stay bearing fruits in WD.

I am not sure if Rexy will stay, that has been talk about him quiting. Hopefully, Rexy will stay and do an even better job in WD. On the other hand, it won't be such a bad idea to quit BAM since that chin chai fellow isn't exactly the nicest guy to work with.

5. eaglehelang

It's bad for the WD players if Rexy quit but for Rexy sake he better quit. Let the CTC themselves go & coach if they think they so clever(remember what Misbun said when he quit)

6. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so how come the ctc is so free?
    they get money for every meeting?

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Part of a statement attributed to NCC, from the CTC meeting:

"The decision was not totally based on what the players asked but also on feedback obtained from all quarters, including the media and bloggers."

9. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Yes...Rexy will take care of WD and XD..anyway...not 100% done yet....
    BAM will have Tan, Pang and Rosman in MD..those 3 has personal agenda also...I guess Tan Kim Her's goals who had put his politic thru playes had excelled....lets say how MD MAS will perform...

I will call it SABOTAGE and hopefully no INA Coach coaching MAS anymore..

10. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

Yes...Rexy will take care of WD and XD..anyway...not 100% done yet....
    BAM will have Tan, Pang and Rosman in MD..those 3 has personal agenda also...I guess Tan Kim Her's goals who had put his politic thru playes had excelled....lets say how MD MAS will perform...

I will call it SABOTAGE and hopefully no INA Coach coaching MAS anymore.. ​

I strongly agree with you Hau Ge..its a BLOODY SABOTAGE..in the end of the day, Coach can only give you the best of what he/she has, the rest stays with the players themselves, just not happy the way Koo/Tan dismiss Rexy (by not attending their training), if it wasnt Rexy that pair them up....will they get Asian Games Gold and All England..

Go strong Rexy...in the end of the day..you will always be remembered as one the BEST MD Player ever in the history of badminton....dont worry about koo/tan....what do they have till now? WC? OG? none.....:) and yet..You have everything........REXY GAMBATE

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    It is good that Rexy smiled, at least MAS media and BAM think everything is okay........

12. bh185008

bh185008 Regular Member

hehehehhehe ...good one Ko....:)

13. ksquared

ksquared Regular Member

Wonder if Rexy surfs this website. Wud be great for him to see public's support for him.

14. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
  15. eaglehelang

I think it's the CTC members Hauge. They've been wanting to kick Rexy since TKH came back, signs were there one year ago. Once they got somebody, they will kick out the old one. Usual politics lah.

16. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday September 9, 2011
    Indonesian not kicking up a fuss over his ‘demotion’
    KUALA LUMPUR: Indonesian Rexy Mainaky is now the head coach of the women’s doubles and mixed doubles department – an appointment many may see as a demotion – but the former Olympic and world champion is not kicking up a fuss.
    In fact, Rexy, who used to coach the elite men’s doubles pairs, walked out smiling after the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) coaching and training committee’s meeting at Stadium Juara yesterday.
    And he seems determined to take his new job as a challenge.
    He is clearly fired up to get both the top women’s and mixed doubles pairs of Chin Eei Hui-Wong Pei Tty and Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying respectively to qualify for the Olympic Games in London next year.
    “I will sleep in Malaysia after all. Look at my face ... I am smiling,” Rexy said when asked to comment on the committee’s decision.
    His positive approach clearly laid to rest rumours that he was planning to quit the national team – especially after his blue-eyed boys Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong decided not to train under him anymore.
    Rexy said that he accepted the decision of the coaching and training committee.
    In fact, he applauded the move to put all the men’s doubles players – both the elite and back-up – under the charge of one person, namely Tan Kim Her.
    “The most important thing for me is that all our roles have been clearly spelt out. Now, it is clear who is doing what. I think the best decision that came out today is the move to put the elite and back-up players under one squad. The best and up-coming players will be able to train together every day and that is good for everyone,” said Rexy.
    Previously, the elite and back-up squad only trained together three times a week.
    “There is no reason for me to feel disappointed about coaching the women and mixed doubles players.
    “The changes made today is the best for the Malaysian team and I accept it,” he said.
    Rexy said he would not alter the training programme prepared by Pang Cheh Chang for the women and mixed doubles.
    “I have no plans to make any changes – especially with less than a year left to get these players to qualify for the Olympic Games.
    “I will continue with the programme set by Pang,” said Rexy.

http://thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/9/9/sports/9456298.asp&sec=sports

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

All the best Rexy, I support whatever decision you make........

And now is to see what great progress the MDs will get after the change.............hehehehe

18. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    Rexy will stay afterall!!!!
    a man of honour and dignity...
    stand up from the place you fall....i will wait for the day to come!!!!!!

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I look at it as blessingi in disguise for Rexy to coach the women team, since not much is expected on the women to perform so the pressure is much less, Rexy got paid the same, no need to deal with tantrums from TBH/KKK who I predict will go downhill given the MD competition is intense. If women team improves, hey, Rexy stock just gotten better and Rexy has a good 2 years to check out international offers, and enjoy a cup of teh tarik while watching MAS MD falling apart and see who the idiot NCC gotta blame this time:rolleyes:
    What genius would appoint a know-nothing ex-lawyer to run BAM and give that idiot RM12M to spend as he please, that must be the biggest f$#king joke in malaysian badmiinton, only can happen in MAS...MAS Boleh:D;)

20. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Ok, if the problem really lies on rexy. Let's see how KOO/TAN fare in their next tournament.. I need to see CHANGES from the players too;) Not just their coach ok