RKEP Grip

Discussion in 'Grip' started by perfectgravity, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    Eric, is the restriction lifted? I saw MX70 and all other victor product in your ebay store

2. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
    We are going to close all VICTOR items and might not selling VICTOR items any more -- VICTOR company strongly asked us not to sell on e-Bay......

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    When is this going to happen?

4. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Why do you keep asking here in a public forum ;)?

5. Shinyballoon

Shinyballoon Regular Member

I have the most over excessive sweat glands. I'm using the G09 and it's been lasting for nearly 2 months. I had a friend give me a few before and I've sworn by it. I play about 12+ hours a week. I just bought 24 from Eric. Will buy more if needed. I'm sworn by RKEP. Thanks Eric.

6. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    REVIEW! RKEP Powermaster G-06 vs Ultimate G-05

Okay, so, I'm an original Karakal PU Super user, and when the QC on those things went down (started cracking and flaking on application like they were made out of wet paint or something) I went looking for an alternative.

I'm a fan of the 1.8mm replacement grips, because the thickness is just right for my larger hands. Put on with just a few mm of overlap, they work out to be about the same thickness or just a smidge thicker than a factory grip with a 0.6mm overgrip.

I've been running the Powermasters for 6 months or so now, and they're nice. Essentially, they're just a factory-like grip that when applied is the same thickness of a regular factory grip plus one layer of overgrip. If you like the feel of a factory grip and wish you could dump the overgrip, then this is a grip for you. The facets of the handle are still feelable (I'm sure thats not a word). Cusioning is not much different than a factory grip, that is to say, fairly firm.

Now the Ultimate I've literally only been running for a week and I put one on my spare MX80 so I could make a direct comparison. The Ultimate is a direct replacement for the Karakal PU Super in look and feel, so if you like the PU's then this is the one to get. It's better than the PU's because when applied it doesnt form as pronounced ridges or bumps where it overlaps, and it's slightly stretchier too. It's got good cushioning like the PU and allows your hand to 'sink in'. Slightly tackier than the Powermaster but only marginally.

I'm not a big sweaty palm guy like some of you out there so I can't really tell you how they'd go 'in the wet', but in terms of their basic look and feel, this is how they stack up.

Couple of other superficial things you should know.

Firstly, the colour does effect the grip levels. The white Powermasters are quite slippery, the black, red, aqua are better. Note too that there is no 'Blue' Powermaster - one is aqua and the other is purple. I haven't tried any other colour than blue in the Ultimates, but the other colours I have are black and red so I suspect they should be fine. Be keen to hear what others think.

So there you go. Oh, should also mention that the price for these is excellent.

So, to summarise, if you like the feel of factory grips but just which they were a smidge thicker, the Powermaster is the one to go for. If you're a Karakal PU fan, the Ultimate is both better and cheaper so you can't go wrong.

7. Squash Eric

Squash Eric Regular Member

trading company
  8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Do I get a free racket?? ;):cool:

9. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Went to a few badminton shop at Queensbay shopping centre in Singapore recently, wanted to find RKEP grip but when i ask those shop owner, they were scratching their head and dunno what is that..:rolleyes:

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

Well, so far I tried the G10 and G09, I have G01, G06 and G08 coming in somewhere this week...I'm curious to see how they play

11. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Stupid danish customs rules + postalservice preventing me from trying RKEP. :(
    If the goods + shipping is more than $14 I need to pay import tax + import fee. The import tax is nothing but the import fee is fixed at $32... :mad:

12. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Looks like you're the new Danish RKEP wholesaler!

13. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    Converting challenges into opportunity. I truly admire your entrepreneurship thinking. :D

14. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Haha. You are on to something there, Maklike Tier. :D

15. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    There is little question of my genius.

Looks like I'm owed two rackets! :D;)

16. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Hope you like the G06 and G09 I gave you. Give a review when you have time.

#636 CanucksDynasty, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  17. visor

visor Regular Member

Why run around looking for it when with just a couple of clicks of your index finger on your computer you can order it online thru RKEP's eBay store and get it delivered to you in 3-4 days? :shrug:

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Since i'm just in SG, why not look around and search myself there since in Mas don';t have this grip.. And since Queensway shopping centre is just like a hub for selling baddy stuffs in SG..:D..

19. Iori

Iori Regular Member

Brief Review:

G09 Green: Very, very grippy. If you like that sticky non-slip feel, this is the one for you. It is stiff and rubbery feeling.

G08 Orange: Softer and less grippy. More similar to super grap but thinker/softer and grippier.

I personally like the feel of the G08 better (more comfortable) but the G09 is probably better for sweaty hands and more durable.

Performs better than Yonex and much cheaper!

20. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

Kemaman has a lot, at least myself since I hv purchased almost 1.5 years ago.
    Too bad, the seller/rkep owner did not want to sell to me again his grip, so I bought it from dinkalot along with Panda Power.

one guy in Malaysia ever sent me PM to join him to buy this grip.