Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The Olympic ranking is not influenced by any tournament after the India Open, so the seeding will not be influenced by this. If I'm correct, he should be in Chen Jin's half as #2-#4 are Chinese so there's no country seeding (if only CL and LD went, they'd be put in different halves I think). Morten Frost mentioned something about that a while back, can't remember what match though. :S

2. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    So, he still got a good chance to reach finals and at least get another silver medal. ;) Not bad. ;)

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    cobalt doesn't mind this kind of "life" sentence! :D ...as long as there's meat on them there satay sticks!! :p

Yeah, that's exactly what I said a few pages back! A chance to build up some bulk, improve the arm muscle to throw that VT-ZF around; sharpen up on strategy and match preparation per opponent, etc. A blessing in disguise, I say! :D

4. Miqilin7

Miqilin7 Regular Member

Student
    Lee Chong Wei road to the final in Wembley will be made extremely difficult. A trial for him to pass in order to become the greatest player aside Lin Dan.

5. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    A blessing in disguise, yes this is what I was thinking,

it cannot be the end.

Nothing is impossible :D

6. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

I have to completely agree with this. With proper strategy he can do it even though the odds are stacked against him. He would need super accuracy & power plus try to keep the rallies short as possible to counter the lack of fitness and to avoid aggravating the ankle.

7. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Well, that is the idea. As long as he is not cocky and defending too much.

Keep it simple. Finish off every point with patience. ;)

8. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Malaysia Boleh!!! :D:D:D

#8128 Loh, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I suggest that Lee CW,due to this injury and much less than 100% fitness and form, must avoid playing fast and furious against everybody in the OG except vs Lin Dan, hopefully in the final. Play a patient and more deceptive game. But,as I've said,against Super Dan no choice,it's do or die.

The problem is everybody knowing his condition will be attacking him like hell and moving him all over the court to tire him. Can Lee CW be on the defensive most of the time,so out of character for him, it will be very frustrating for him not to play his usual game? Besides,it may be too late to change his game plan and adopt a different style.

Let's see what he and his coaches can come out with. No matter what,he must be realistic, just getting into the semi-final is already quite an achievement. I believe,with so much talent and in reserve,he can handle most,if not all, of his opponents in the group stage.

10. rogerv2

rogerv2 Regular Member

Patient game is not a good idea for me. The opponents use this to attack the forehand side and stress his ankle/mind. Fast game is better, LCW is good at it and possibly more chance of success.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    We are assuming that LCW has recovered fully from his ankle injury and in his best mental state to face the opposition.

Reality may show otherwise and he is the best person to know what sort of condition he will be in when the time comes. Personally I think it will be very difficult for him to be what he was before both his shoulder and ankle injuries. We thought he was fighting fit when he recovered from his first injury but the later ankle problem warned us that he is still suspectable despite superficial assurances.

Can he play as fast as before? Will his footwork be as fluid? Will he still be mentally bothered
    by his previous injuries such that it will deter him from going all out? What about his hitherto solid defense and deceptive cross court smashes? Being forced to lay off for a relatively long time to heal his wounds, is it fair to say that he will turn a little rusty?

Under the circumstances I think he has to summon his vast experience to great effect and play according to what his head and body together tell him to do. If he could emulate some of LD's intelligent play, it will put him in good stead. Attack when necessary. Minimize unforced errors but most important of all, to play his shots in the most productive and efficient manner.

Knowing that he has just recovered, It is certain that his opponents will try to force the pace on him and make him work hard on court. How he responds to such initiatives and in turn creates his own will determine the eventual outcome.

Best of luck to the Dato.

#8131 Loh, Jun 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

agreed with most of what you said.
    there is one advantage for him as well. as the No 1 seed (as all the top 4 seeds) he will be straight into the last 16, only 4 matches max. for the tournament.

13. Andreas903

Andreas903 Regular Member

Is it just me or.. Are Lee chong wei about to loose his world number 1 spot to Lin Dan? They are very close now, and with LCW's injury i don't think he will attend in any tournaments before the OG??

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

if LD wins at the Thai open, it will be on 14/6/2012.
    otherwise will be the week after, 21/6/2012.

you can go there;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/112795-Just-a-wild-guess

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Well said, how not to agree with your analysis. Indeed, wishing is one thing,reality will often bring us down to earth. For him to prevail at the group stage is already a big hurdle, we'll have to wait for the draw to know who will be his main obstacle in his group to estimate his chances.

Meanwhile, wishing him a speedy recovery.

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, as he will be in the group of ONE at the group stage.
    survive to say that he should be ok

17. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

WOW, uncle loh.. u still remember X-Ball huh?:D Wonder where is him now? SOrry for OT.

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Seems like LCW still need around 3 weeks to fully resume his normal training... Now he's still undergoing treatment for his injury.

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't tell me that X Ball has migrated to Australia to enjoy the 'good' life?

20. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I am very sure x ball change sports - soccer :D