Yonex! please do not use sticker as paint for the new racket!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by juventus1, Mar 27, 2012.

1. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

look at VT80 and VTZF, the stickers came off easily! this is supposed to be "Made in Japan" but how come their standard is worse than those in taiwan?

We can't compare it to Li-ning as it is a premium brand in China!

Dear Bacer,

Please lend your support and voice!

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Just so you know, decals or stickers are how the graphics are applied onto all rackets at the factory. Only thing is usually there's a layer of clearcoat that's sprayed or powder baked on afterwards to protect them. But unfortunately in the unknown strange wisdom that is Yonex, they decided to do a matte finish and do away with the clearcoat, and therein lies the current problem with the unprotected stickers/decals.

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You can do a matte clearcoat. However, spraying a gloss AND a matte clearcoat on the one racket, you'll never have a uniformly smooth finish. A coat of clearcoat is much much thicker than a foil decal.

4. SantaSCSI

SantaSCSI Regular Member

I don't know whether its related, but my arc 009Dx chipped like mad. A mishit on the frame was enough to chip off the paint. You don't want to know what happens when rackets collide ... .

5. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

Just pull the stickers off :D. They are adding extra weight for no good reason. Not like the VT80/ZF need any more headweight.

6. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I'd have to agree. To the OP, you should gather up all the damaged sticker photos in the other threads and post them all in this thread. Whether YY will change anything I highly doubt it. At the end of the day, I'm just happy they made a racket that suits me 10 years after the AT700.

7. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Do you prefer a racquet that performs a little slugish but looks good or a racquet performs great for you and no paint?
    2) Do you want to pay extra $20 for a racquet so you can have a well done clear coat on top of the sticker or you would like to save that $20 for a tube of shuttles?
    3) Would you like to have a really tough paint and uses toxic solvent or you like to have a racquet with water based paint that is better for the environment?
    It is you call.

8. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    1) Do you prefer a racquet that performs a little slugish but looks good or a racquet performs great for you and no paint?

It's not an 'either/or' proposition.

2) Do you want to pay extra $20 for a racquet so you can have a well done clear coat on top of the sticker or you would like to save that $20 for a tube of shuttles?

A clearcoat on a mass produced badminton racket would add cents to the cost, not dollars.

3) Would you like to have a really tough paint and uses toxic solvent or you like to have a racquet with water based paint that is better for the environment?

Again, it's not an either/or proposition

It is you call.

Can you formulate some better arguments next time? :p

9. visor

visor Regular Member

I bet when the clones of this racket come out, those would have sturdier stickers than this.

Its not as if this is the first racket that Yonex has ever produced with shiny decals. If I'm going to pay over $200 for a top of the line racket from the top brand in badminton, then I'd at least expect my racket not to be so easily damaged by just simply mounting it to be strung. No? Are we asking for too much from Yonex?

10. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    ^^^

You're expecting Yonex to care? They are the "evil empire". ;)

ninja-edit:

Perhaps sending them a letter/email will help convince them to use better materials/methods. But it must be overwelming amount of people expressing their dissatisfication in order for them to take it seriously.

#10 CanucksDynasty, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  11. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Well sh!t, I just got an email from an AU distro bragging about the fact that he's sold 50 units in three weeks, which must be some sort of record I guess.

From the popularity of the thing, I'd hazard a guess it could be painted with dried poo and the fanbois would still buy it.

Maybe most of the complainers are just annoyed by the fact of when they put it in the classified next week, they won't get as much money back as they hoped?

;):cool::rolleyes::p

12. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I just brought mine to the local Doughnut shop and had it glazed. Now I've got a protective clear coat and a mid game energy boost just a few licks away if needed.

13. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Lemon-Lime I hope!

14. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    Stop buying Yonex if you want them to change.

As long as they keep sponsoring someone like LCW, there are gonna be flocks of sheeps buying whatever Yonex is going to put out, because they can get away with it.

We brought this upon ourselves, there no one else to blame.

15. King's

King's Regular Member

Yonex continues to do so because they can.:cool:

16. thunder.tw

Want them to change? This is one release where they've failed to clearcoat a raquet. Hardly a pattern. So do I want them to change from offering top of the line gear? Er... No.

Ah, here we go again with this moronic sentiment. The reason Yonex sells a lot of raquets is because they have built a reputation for being the top quality brand. In fact, I would bet you anything you care to wager that Yonex's market share has declined while they've had LWC under sponsorship. This has happened because Victor and Li-Ning have vastly increased the quality alternatives out there for consumers to choose from. Yonex don't have any sheep left buying their products, they all followed Lin Dan to Li-Ning.

You're talking about some stupid little sticker issue here right? Not societal collapse. Geeze, just do what the people here in Taiwan do with everything else..... put hello kitty stickers all over it.

#16 thunder.tw, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  17. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    Did I hit u where it hurt? Are you one of the "sheeps?" and I'll pass on the hello kitty stickers. Thx. PS: Can we have a look at your "market data?" I would like know where the sheeps are now lol.

18. King's

King's Regular Member

Speaking of Li Ning...they just posted 65% loss. So much for the pricing (actual retail) and padding of their true intrinsic stock value. No one is foolish enough to sign off on their books now. Therefore, give it a little while. See who is really following the herd.

19. thunder.tw

LOL, not even a little. What market data, I didn't sight any market data, I said I was willing to wager that Yonex's market share has declined. Are you prepared to argue that Li-Ning and Victor have not eaten into Yonex's market share in the last 5 years or so?

I bet you would. But, I'm here to talk about badminton not help you satisfy your urges.

20. thunder.tw

Did they offer any kind of breakdown by segment. Li-Ning is a huge sporting goods company it would be interesting to know what contribution to their results the badminton division made. My understanding is that badminton is not a big part of their business.