Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    WHAT!!!! REALLY!!!! Why? i was about to buy SW37 & SW35... did he choose MX80 permenently?

2. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    tonight just watch his game how good his smash using mx80.

3. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    i watched the semi last night... mx80 was great for smashing!!!! during denmark open, jjs while have to play at the front while using sw37...i guess sw37 is for net n control game, not smashing...

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I would definitely not say that. The fact that JJS smashed harder with the MX80 does not say much about the rackets, it just indicates he is either more familiar with the MX or his smashing motion is most effective with less head heavy or stiffer rackets.....many possibilities here.
    For the average player, the SW37 should be the better racket for smashing. It's not as stiff as the MX80 and head heavier, both factors that usually produce a harder smash for intermediate or advanced players.
    If your only concern is the smash, go with the SW37.

5. TheSmasherKing

Goverment officer
    in some points, i do agree with u... :) medium shaft and head heavy frame is suitable for average player who wants a attacking racket... and it will save a lot of energy too while smashing for intermediate player (compared to stiffer n heavier frame like mx80)... well, what i really meant in my previous post was i think jjs spent most of the time at the front while using sw37 compared to while using mx80 during their match at denmark open...:) anyway, it's just my opinion... and i still believe that sw 37 is a good new racket... :) hope to be able to try / buy 1 soon... :)

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I didn't notice anything like that - only that his smash was more powerful with the MX. It's not heavier than the SW37, btw - both vary in weight, but the SW has the higher BP, which makes it the slower and heavier-feeling racket.
    For anyone up to a near-pro level, the SW37 should produce a harder smash, because the MX is indeed very stiff. It's pretty quick, so players who like the NS series or BS10/11 will probably get a good smash out of it, but for most players, this is a control racket, allowing you to place the shuttle very very accurately but limiting your power in return.

7. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    to produce good smash you need to have good timing and good technique. but in the game your energy will drain a lot if they depend so well. so selection of racket also important to help you to manage your energy.

8. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

i like ur comment :)

9. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    Hello, I'm not sure JJS smashes harder with MX 80 than SW 37 I would've said the contrary. Seems like the racket he picks depends on the players has to face.
    I've seen him using both SW37 and MX80 during the french open.
    I think he picks MX 80 when he needs more speed and fast attacking play like he has to against FHF/CY.
    They usually win when they take the initiative and attack even though they have a huge defense.
    JJS has played pretty well during the finals :) very good in both defense and attack and also at the net =)

10. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    so sw37 more powerful but lacking at defend...is this what you mean...

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well in the final of the Denmark Open he smashed at 284 and 287 with the MX - and less powerful with the SW37. Although he is probably the exception there, not many will get more power out of the MX80 than the SW37.

12. Avenger242

Avenger242 Regular Member

Engineer
    It's still f=maIt's the body kinetics limits one can achieve. It's about how heavy headed racquet u can hold without sacrificing the racquet swing speed. Since acceleration of the racquet plays a more important role here. It's take lesser energy to fire a bullet then fire a space shuttle to the sky. As for the shaft stiffness, players with slow swing are advice to go for flexible to create a catapult effect of the bending and unbending of the shaft. Can you imagine a player with fast swing and the shaft still in the bending position..where do u think the shuttle will go...It's all comes down to the player. I am sure you know yourself better than anyone. Trying different racket for yourself..just like trying different string tension that's suitable for you. Cheers

13. Avenger242

Engineer
    80% technique 10% racquet 10% string

14. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    in some case, the flexi shaft is helping you to generate power but you need to master when and where to hit the shuttle. FHF is example who very good hit the shuttle at the right time and he know how to generate power from bending shaft with the super fast swing....

15. Avenger242

Engineer
    FHF and LYD is currently using medium flex racquets. Just think of a whip and maybe u will understand better. Energy is better conserve and focus footwork on the court. Considering he plays super series for >5days back to back. Non stop everyday...can you imagine? Do you want a stiff shoulder after just one game with extra stiff racquet. Doubles is a fast paced game. Probably that's why JJS switching racquets during the game.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Ah those guys are used to 6 hours of training, they hour-long matches are not that bad for them. Of course, a hard match will take a toll, but with they physique of most players plus the physiotherapy they can play pretty much every racket without fearing shoulder/back pain. It's more about how they prefer to hit the shuttle, what kind of racket they're used to and what they like.

17. Avenger242

Engineer
    Agree. Depends on the player him/herself on their choice of racquet.

18. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    can anybody give review about camparison swing speed sw37 between mx80 and sw35?

19. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

can some people post their wet weight of their sw37 and its balance point. Thanks

20. todjo

todjo Regular Member

self employed
    My 4UG2 sw37 weight 94grams. Use Prince microtac overgrip (full length) on top of original grip & string: bg66. Bp 291.