Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    no, 2 iphone - lcw + ms

2. Lina Ng

Lina Ng Regular Member

Will Lee Chong Wei hang up his racquets after he quit the national team? I mean after 2012 London Olympics.
    No! I don't think so. I'm sure he will continue to play badminton as an independent player..

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i think to play as an independent, one should quit the team.:D

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Just like TH now...............;)

5. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    his country will still need him for 3rd singles in thomas cup! that's for sure!

6. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    yup Taufik is in TC Cup .. :)

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ya, it's not independent when one is still suckling milk from mommy:p Of course, one can come back home occasionally for some home cooking tho;)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

More on Datuk LCW's goals, dreams and aspirations..

Chong Wei aims to go out with a bang

2010/01/27
    Ajitpal Singh
    LEE Chong Wei has revealed that he plans to retire after 2012, but more than that he wants to go out with the World and Olympic titles in his bag.
    "I want to achieve what no Malaysian has achieved before in the sport, which is to win the World and Olympic titles," said Chong Wei after the Maxis Berhad sponsorship ceremony at a hotel in Kuala Lumpur yesterday.

"It is not an impossible dream. It will be a very difficult time from now till 2012 but I am focused in winning titles for the country."

The World No 1 added: "I have another three chances to win the World Championship but only one opportunity in the Olympic Games.

"This is why I have to be in my best form for the 2012 London Olympics. It will be my toughest challenge.

"My other dream is to end my career as the World No 1 player. I have been the World No 1 since 2008 and I hope to maintain my ranking till 2012.
    [​IMG]China’s Lin Dan is expected to face Chong Wei for the first time this year at the All England.
    "However, it is also important that I win major titles from now on. I am close to the end of my playing career and I don't want to have any regrets after I retire like not winning a single major title despite being the World No 1."

On his plans after retiring, Chong Wei said he has not decided but one possibility is he may open a badminton academy for youngsters.

"I have not given much thought to what I will do when I retire. I will think about my future in 2012. I could do many things which include setting up a badminton academy," said the player, who has won 24 career titles.

Chong Wei, who will turn 28 in October, has been the World No 1 since August 2008 but the Penang-born player has yet to win a major. Among those which have eluded him are the All-England, World Championships and an Olympic gold medal.

But the signs are there that Chong Wei could end his long wait for a major title this year after starting the season brilliantly by winning his first back-to-back titles -- the Korea Open and Malaysian Open -- recently.

However, in both tournaments, he didn't get to play China's three-time world champion Lin Dan, who opted out. Many think that Lin Dan is a better player than Chong Wei but the Malaysian hopes to put the record straight this year.

Chong Wei is expected to face Lin Dan for the first time this year in the March 9-14 All England, which is one of the three Super Series tournaments the World No 1 has yet to win. The other two are the China Open and China Masters.

"Winning the Korea Open and Malaysian Open has boosted my confidence to strive for bigger goals.
    "I am aware that China's players, including Chen Jin, Bao Chunlai and Chen Long, have been testing me on court in recent tournaments so that they can report back to Lin Dan.

"I know their strategies but I have a bigger surprise for them including Lin Dan in the All England. I have never won the title but I feel I am nearing the end of my wait.

"I reached the All England final for the first time last year after many attempts and maybe this year will be my year to lift the title.

"But talking about it is easy. I need to work hard for it. I am free from now till the All England except for the National Grand Prix Johor leg next month. It will give me time to work on strategies for the All-England and Swiss Open (March 16-21).

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/47APLL/Article/index_html

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    now ld has got to work hard to protect his bank - lcw go public he is desperate for major titles and he has nothing to loose this few years as it is his last ride...

10. Lina Ng

Lina Ng Regular Member

Agree with it.:)

11. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    dec 2009

hey! we have the same birthday in bcer - dec 2009!;)

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

6 digits number i guess :cool:

13. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    for doing advertisement with maxis, it should be minimum 6 digits. btw each of them got an iphone too!;)

14. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

A convention of legends ...

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ..... a convention of badminton legends were held in the planet Tatooine.

Erland Kops: ahhh ... welcome, welcome... good to see everyone here. We are all legends, champions in the game.

Gao Ling: Yes, indeed we are all legends here. I got like 11 AE titles
    Rudy Hartono: Oh ... AE titles, I actually lost count how many I won
    Park Joo Bong: Other than AEs, I got a few of em' WC titles as well

Erland Kops: :D This is what you get when you have a room full of legends. We compare titles

Yang Yang: WC? Yep, I won it twice.
    LD: Only twice? I have 3 of em' in my pocket now, on top of 4 AEs and 1 OG gold medal
    Morten Frost: Well, I have 4 AEs and that Misbun used to carry my bags.
    Han Jian & Liem Swie King: Those were good old days.

LCW: harlo everyone ... is this meeting for champions? I am great champion too?
    Erland Kops: err... who are you? Looking at all your gold rings, pendants, chains round your neck & bracelets, are you here to sell us pirated Dvds?? :eek:
    LCW: No, no ... please I badminton champion like you all

Erland Kops: Well, your name is not on the list
    Eddy Choong: Yeah, boy, tell us what titles you have?
    LCW: I am not your boy, I am a Datuk!

Eddy Choong: Datuk for what?
    LCW: I got Datuk title for winning the OG silver medal where I was LD's punching bag.
    Eddy Choong: Oh... they gave you a Datuk title, simply for being taught basic badminton by LD, eh?

Erland Kops: Ok ok ok, tell us what titles you have?
    LCW: I got many many many many MOs
    Rudy Hartono: Any AEs?
    Morten Frost: WC?
    LCW: no :eek::eek:

Erland Kops: Then please go to the next room. You will find Rashid Sidek, Ong Ewe Hock & co there.

15. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

LOL....Pemuda is always with sense of humor.........:D:D

16. winnie

winnie Regular Member

LOL! Pemuda, i salute u!:D:D:D

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Pemuda...ROFL...that is a really good one, very original:p:D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

six figure USD or RM?

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

A long long time ago in a galaxy far, far away:confused::confused:
    Why not last week, very very close by:D:D

The greats didn't include world #1 and datuk LCW (see below) or link http://www.rvba.co.uk/pages/Taufik-Hidayat-Badminton-Camp?gclid=CJWEx_ePzJ8CFdkB4wodvxK--g I thot LCW is TH's good fren???
    PS: I'm just a messenger:D

Taufik Hidayat Badminton Camp
    Exclusive Taufik Badminton Camp

Exclusive to the Richard Vaughan Badminton Academy (RVBA) the opportunity to train with Olympic Gold Medallist and World Badminton Champion Taufik Hidayat.
    Taufik has clearly been one of the badminton players of the decade alongside badminton greats such as Lin Dan, Peter Gade. The badminton legend has now turned his attention to passing on some of his badminton training secrets with his own training centre in Jakarta, Indonesia. This package allows for players from around the globe to a once in a life time opportunity experience with badminton great!
    In addition to this tremendous opportunity for foreign players, Taufik is also turning his attention to young domestic Indonesian badminton players, looking to help Indonesian Badminton nurture badminton champions for tomorrow.
    Players can attend for a period of 30 days at a great price. In addition to experiencing the great Indonesian culture badminton players will be able to create their own badminton training programmes, including on court badminton regimes, and off court badminton secrets.
    This offer is an exclusive arrangement between the RVBA and Taufik Hidayat, for more details please read below or contact Badminton Wales RVBA!

#2639 cooler, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  20. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    the tax man

thats RM, if i know the exact amount i would also not reveal, fear of the tax man around bc!:D:D