westchester Badminton

Discussion in 'USA East' started by maria131, Nov 23, 2009.

1. maria131

maria131 New Member

I am interested in starting a badminton group in Lower Westchester. I was wondering if anyone is interested in joining. I already have a place and I actually have trainers available to teach beginner's. I can also set up group plays if there is enough people interested. I know over the past years there were a lot of people interested in looking for a group in the Yonkers and lower Westchester areas. I would like to try to start a group by December.Please respond. Thanks.

2. Won888

Won888 Regular Member

How many courts?

3. maria131

maria131 New Member

There are 4 courts.

4. sriharshakota

sriharshakota New Member

Engineer
    m interested

Hi maria131,

I live in Yonkers-moved a few months ago, m an intermediate-level player. I've been looking for a badminton club in this region for quite some time now-but couldn't find even one anywhere in westchester. Had to go all the way to Queens to play once in a while...

Good to see some initiative for Yonkers region-i'm interested in joining the group and i'll try to get a few guys to join if possible as well...

5. maria131

maria131 New Member

Hi Srishkota,

That is great to hear that you are interested in forming a badminton group. I have been looking for badminton courts in Westchester for awhile now and I have only found Queens and Manhattan. Hence, decided to start a badminton group in Westchester so I do not have to travel far. I am sure there are enough people who would want to join. Please inform me if there are anymore people interested. Thanks.

6. sriharshakota

sriharshakota New Member

Engineer
    Sure-will inform you in case i have my friends joining...by the way, where is the court located exactly in Yonkers? And is there any tentative plan for the schedule, fee and the minimum number of players you're looking for to start the club...?
    Thanks
    Harsha

7. Won888

Won888 Regular Member

With the right facility, schedule and fees, I am sure many players in Westchester would be interested. Please provide more info.

8. Tbagga

Tbagga New Member

Yonkers ny badminton

hi I am in upper Bronx/Yonkers area and interested to play badminton where is the location?!
    T

9. deepu

deepu New Member

physical therapist
    courts in yonkers area

hi,
    my name is Deepu,i am from india.i moved to usa in2005.i was in search of a indoor court in yonkers area.found this forum.love to join any group and willing to play and improve my game.we have a small court where we live,but its a parking lot.i have my friends who love to join too.ur kind response is highly appreciated.

10. Alexa

Alexa New Member

Assistant
    Badmiton !

Moved here recently and just found this blog, wonder if you were able to manage to find enough people to started a Badminton group in lower westchester. If so would you please share your location or contact info with me.

Thanks a bunch !!

Alexa

11. Won888

Won888 Regular Member

There are some less competitive clubs in lower Westchester. For a more competitive club, either go to Queens NY or do a search for the badminton gym at YWCA Greenwich CT

12. eriko

eriko New Member

Hi, Maria131,

I am interested in playing badminton. Could you please forward your location information? Thank you very much.

13. thusid

thusid New Member

Hi, I just moved to Ossining in Westchester County and been looking for a place to play for sometime now. Very keen on playing regularly, up to twice a week. Please let me know if there is any place to play in the County. :)

14. petrolbunk

petrolbunk New Member

Hi,
    Looking to play badminton in westchester area. Please let me know if there is a club.

15. nazirnasir

nazirnasir New Member

IT
    Hi Maria, Nice to know your interest towards badminton. I live in yonkers and would like to join your group to learn and play badminton once a while. please keep in touch as you start badminton court. by the way some one sent me more info about another club in yonkers. 27 valentine Ln yonkers ny 10705.
    Nazir Nasir
    casper2cactus at yahoo dot com

16. badminty1

badminty1 New Member

Can someone give me an address for playing badminton as close to white plains as possible?

17. Woz2000

Woz2000 Regular Member

I do not know of any clubs that are 'close' to White Plains. I live in White Plains and used to drive close to an hour to play... just can't afford the gas anymore! :(

18. Froderick

Froderick Regular Member

Administrative Clerical
    Yonkers Badminton

Hi there, I live in Yonkers and play regularly at the Y, we only have the one court used to play 3 days a week but it's hard to get everyone together to play so I'm looking to join another club, we do have fun when we play together and the skill levels are different which always makes it a fun challenge.

Please let me know where your group is located.

Thank you

19. Won888

Won888 Regular Member

20. Froderick

Froderick Regular Member

Administrative Clerical
    The Greenwich Group

Hi I just took a look at your club, that is really cool and you have some nice courts:D, we only have the one at the Y in Yonkers but as long as you have fun do a few drop shots and a smash or 2 your'e in.:p

Thanks for your post.