Yonex Nanospeed 9900 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ants, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

Means ns9900 needs more precision to use well?

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I have had a ton of mishits so far but no clash scared it may break

3. hyper_power111

hyper_power111 Regular Member

Hi all guys here. I ju st bought it last month. The first impression of using the racket is so amazing. It is so light, react so quick. After I played it for around 30mins, I think I addict to it. Before I buy it, I use cab 21, at700 and Ti-10. But after I use NS9900, I can't adapt to use all my head heavy rackets. Coz they can't compete with the NS9900 in the response and the weight. So I think I have loved it.

4. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    After about a week of playing with the NS9900, I realized that you need more aim/accuracy and precision to use it. The smashes go a lot faster if you hit the (smaller) sweet spot. It's hard to find though. My friend's sweet spot is normal. It's on the top but a bit smaller and his racket is a JP model. Mine was made in the US but for some reason, I feel the center isn't really.. centered. I haven't gotten any scratches on mine yet so I'm hopping for an exchange, to see how the next US one plays. Everyone I know has JP style NS9900s.

5. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    The NS9900 is just a great racket. Moved to it from my initial NS8000 and NS9000X.. The feel's about the same though. Although its classed as an extra stiff, the stiffness is not that "extra".. Very great feel to it but u need to have a lot of precision to use it to its potential. Greater power produced due to the Head Light spec. =D..

Overall, It's now my new baby cause its really fun to play with, for me, its not that much of a super attacking racket. It's pretty much evened out. Great racket swings for great defense and offense. Recommended. =D.

NS9000X served me well with loads of scratches.. Time for it to relax a bit and be my backup. =D

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

after a about three weeks of constant use I think that the racquet is not as powerful as first thought
    It could be that it needs restrung because it just is lacking In power I am going to see about it getting it restrung and if the problem persists I might have to think about changing racquets again:(

7. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    Hmmz. Wat string and tension u on? I'm currently using BG 80 at Tension 29lbs. Working great for me. But the power is not that great if you dun get the shuttle on the sweet spot.. which is a turn down i suppose. And it puts a lot of strain on the wrist when attacking as well cause need a fast swing to increase racket head speed for greater smash. =.="

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

could it be too stiff?:rolleyes:
    i wouldn't close the book on that racket yet.

9. phamd124

phamd124 Regular Member

Student
    Perhaps it's just too stiff for his liking/use.

10. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

I think due to it's light head, its well suited for wrist players. Added too much grip previously and the head became too light...balance point all gone. Tonnes of mishits.
    Now I just wrap with overgrip. Sweet...

11. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    Yea. It works well with just an overgrip. I'm no longer having a lot of mis-hits in a game and its getting easier and easier to use and the % hits on the sweet point is getting higher and higher giving it a better performance. I have a feeling in the near future, this racket will have a higher demand rate than the 9000X and the AT900T. =D

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It isn't too stiff for me as I have used the ns9000 and that was fine + the at900t is stiff but I had no problems with it
    I will try using overgrop as it has no overgrip at the moment and is G3 in comparison to at900t which is G4

13. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

What i meant was just overgrip. No refresh grip. So the grip becomes damn thin and the head slightly heavier.

14. Matharu

Matharu Regular Member

Student
    Just tested mine out today and enjoyed it. Excellent in doubles my returns were much easier as the racket was so easy to manouver. Drives were lacking a bit of power but the precision i was missing with MP99 was back. Had some mishits and my clears and smashes were sometimes not right. My smashes are always incosistent but when i found the sweet spot they flew nicely. Got to get used to the head light again from even balance but overall enjoyed it. Great for doubles but MP99 better for singles

15. chilli

chilli Regular Member

optician/businessman
    Just sold my ns9900...had it for just over a week...played about 10 hours with it...restrung twice as the BG80 string broke both times at the top....strung at 27/29#s both times...couldn't get any consistency with it....light and fast though. Going back to the arc10.

16. BBKINGKENNETH

BBKINGKENNETH New Member

Hi everyone I just got NS9900 replace ARC10. Let me give you guys some idea about these top of the line racket. I had ARC10 about 6 months very good racket have everything that you are looking for. Last week, NS9900 arrived and I demo it....love it!
    The different is ARC10 give you consistance. If you are top player you will chose ARC10.
    I will say NS9900 is a game improvement racket. NS9900 will take you to next level. you will play fast, respond fast, smash fast....

17. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    i have just purchased the ns9900 from bkk it is a g53u, an i need too string the racket up asap an i was wondering what type of tension i can string it up to without any problems? as the racket says upto 25lbs but i also heard from somewhere that this racket can hold upto 38lbs because of the materials used in this racket or is that just a myth???....

Also i heard there was a difference between uk specified ns9900 and ones bought in far east???

Thanks guys n gals....

18. jk1980

jk1980 Regular Member

I've strung with NBG98 string. 27 lbs no issue.

19. changhuei

changhuei Regular Member

Student
    I'm using BG80 strung at 29lbs. Been using for 2 weeks and still no problems yet. =D. Hope that helps. =D

20. risingsun

risingsun Regular Member

unemployed
    thanks guys i was thinking of stringing mine up at 26x28 with bg65 or nbg-95. out of interest how much can you buy nbg-98 for?

Can most yonex rackets take these high tensions?

Do you guys string your rackets yourself?

Thanks for your replys..