Interconstituency Games 2011

Discussion in 'Singapore' started by Scanner, Feb 25, 2011.

1. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Haha... Got young kids at home to attend to. Difficult for both of us to be away ler. Will talk to her tonight and see if can arrange to go together. :)

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes CCK beat Punggol Ctrl 3-1 and this must be considered an upset since PC did not lose any single match in R1 while CCK went to the Loser Pool.

Tanglin-Cairnhill also upset Pasir Ris East 3-2. It must have been a very close fight.

But as I've said before, the various teams must be fielding their best teams, especially those who lost in Round 1.

#62 Loh, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  3. Beatem

Beatem Regular Member

I would like to see Sembawang and Yew Tee winning their matches this evening and will meet in the semi. In my opionon, these 2 teams are 2 of the strongest teams in this competition.

So far, the mixed doubles pair from Sembawang has been very impressive....

4. BADAK

BADAK Regular Member

Oracle Technical
    Any news for today game?

5. manaboleh

manaboleh Regular Member

house husband
    QF: 13 May 2011 (Friday) @ Tampines Sports Hall

Mountbatten VS Yew Tee
    Sembawang VS Chua Chu Kang
    Bedok VS Yio Chu Kang
    Toa Payoh Central VS Tanglin-Cairnhill

Winner Predictions

YCK and T.P.Central have won, think Sembawang should haave no problem in the men doubles to prevail 3-2, Yew Tee should have entered semi final too.

6. manaboleh

manaboleh Regular Member

house husband
    Correction! Mountbatten managed to upset Yew Tee and enter the semi final.

7. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Mountbatten looks like the champion for this year. All their 5 (pairs) players are strong.

What a pity that Yew Tee lost to Mountbatten 2-3. Too bad all the strong teams met in this half. It'll be nice to watch Mountbatten vs Sembawang on next Monday.

8. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Sembawang's Veteran team too weak. Obviously will give any other teams first point.

Mountbatten very strong and all players are even. On next Monday they will win in veteran 100%.
    I think women's single is very important for both teams.
    Mix doubles, Sembawang's ex-national Jiang Yan Mei is obviously better than any other lady. Her defense is so good.
    Men's single will be another close fight.
    Sembawang's men's double is strong as Bai Song is so good.

9. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    A toss of coin for the winner... ;)

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Quarter Finals Results and Pictures

I was there last night but went off earlier at around 9.30 pm.

Yes indeed Mountbatten, with many Chinese Swimming Club players led by Victor Sim who played in the Veterans doubles, created an upset over Yew Tee, led by Singapore Sports School Indonesian assistant coach, Ardian K, who played XD and won.

Once again I met BC member "Simon Santoso" whom I got to know during the last Singapore Open. He will be at the SIS in June as well.

Results
    (from my badminton kaki Adrian Ng who won his XD match for Yio Chu Kang:

Mountbatten bt Yew Tee 3-2
    Sembawang bt Chua Chu Kang 3-2
    Yio Chu Kang bt Bedok 3-0
    Toa Payoh Central bt Tanglin-Cairnhill 3-0

Victor Sim who is a member of the SBA Management Committee, played with his CHN partner to clinch a hard-fought 3-game point for Mountbatten in the oldest category.

Ex-Singapore WD "foreign talent" international Jiang Yanmei played for Sembawang and won a crucial point in XD.

Bedok, despite having ex-internationals Lee Ah Ngo and Robert Lim, lost to Yio Chu Kang in the veteran doubles. YCK also has ex-international Steven Oh on the opposite side.

So this Community Games brought back many ex-internationals to make it more interesting. :D

The Semi-Finals will be played on Monday 16 May at Tampines Sports Hall and the finals have been scheduled on Saturday, 4 June at Chua Chu Kang Sports Hall.

For the SF:

Yio Chu Kang vs Toa Payoh Central
    Mountbatten vs Sembawang

Hope many of you can make it on Monday.

Attached Files:

11. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Mountbatten can win their semi-final if they beat Sembawang in the veterans' doubles, mens and womens singles. The Mountbatten men singles player who played on friday, Hamon, is actually a doubles player if I recall correctly. I thought they will field Weiping (he played in MD) who would be a safe bet. The Mountbatten womens singles player Colleen should win her match unless Sembawang decides to field Jiang Yanmei who still look match fit.

12. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    If Jiang Yanmei plays single, then the mix doubles will be not as good. Mountbatten's mix doubles also strong. They almost beat Yew Tee's Ardian K on Friday. I believe they are Indonesian players as well. :)

Btw, Sembawang's Zu er(祖儿) is not weak for women's single.

On last Friday I was impressed by Yew Tee's Elaine Chua who is only 13 years old. Her foot work is so fast, a good player and pretty girl. :)

#72 tank2008, May 14, 2011
    Last edited: May 14, 2011
  13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Semi-Finals Tonight 16 May at Teampines Sports Hall

Confirmation of the QF results played on

13 May 2011 (Friday) @ Tampines Sports Hall

M114
    Mountbatten VS Yew Tee 3 - 2
    M113

Sembawang VS Chua Chu Kang 3 - 2
    M112 Bedok VS

Yio Chu Kang 0 - 3
    M111
    Toa Payoh Central VS Tanglin-Cairnhill 3 - 0

And the SF challengers are:

16 May 2011 (Monday) @ Tampines Sports Hall

M116 Sembawang VS Mountbatten

M115 Toa Payoh Central VS Yio Chu Kang

It should be a very exciting contest tonight, especially between Sembawang and Mountbatten.

It would appear that Sembawang should win the XD and MD as commented by tank2008 and it will take more than luck from Mountbatten to win the three remaining matches, assuming the latter has managed to tie 2-2 before that. :D

These two teams appear to be the strongest and one of them will probably take the title in the finals. ;)

Yio Chu Kang should emerge as the other finalist.

#73 Loh, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  14. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Overall I think Mountbatten is stronger, higher chance to win tonight. Too bad that I can't attend to watch. Will check the result tonight from sealman who is 99% attending. Haha... ;)

15. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    Yew Tee's first men's single player, ex-national, was not around, as he is in Indonesia now. If he was around, Yew Tee would likely have won the men's single, of course could go in semi-final, even beat Sembawang with good chance. Yew Tee will come back next year for sure. :)

#75 tank2008, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Wow Sealman, you must be a very good player now. I saw your pic in the Chinese Swimming Club Li Ning Doubles tourney for last year. :D

17. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I'll try to make it tonight :)

Haha no lah I'm just a beginner. You can still kick my butt :D I won a lucky draw prize at the CSC tournament last year :)

18. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Sure you come huh?
    I see you tonight, then.

19. tank2008

tank2008 Regular Member

Engineer
    FOC game and we know a lot of the players. So it's a must-watch event. Too bad I need to bring my little daughter to see doctor tonight. Otherwise my ears will be noisy. ;) I regret that I didn't do it last night. Oh my goodness, what a pity. Haha... ;)

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    SF Exhilarating Upsets

It was a most exciting night for those who stayed right to the end for the Semi-Finals.

The matches went down to the wire and it took the last match to decide the winners.
    And it must be considered an upset for:

Mountbatten beat Sembawang 3-2
    Toa Payoh Central beat Yio Chu Kang 3-2

Mountbatten took the first match easily in the Veteran Doubles with ex-Singapore MS champion Wong Shoon Keat playing and added an invaluable point by Colleen in the following WS to make it a very favourable 2-nil against Sembawang.

But Sembawang came back to win the XD and the MS to keep their hopes alive.

Then came the important MD decider and Sembawang had a strong pair in Bai Song and perhaps another player from China. Not to be intimidated, the young team from Mountbatten capitalised on their speed and powerful smashes to subdue their more popular and experienced opponents to earn a place in the Finals. There was an immense outpouring of joy in the Mountbatten camp as the last point was played. :D

The Toa Payoh Central vs Yio Chu Kang match started in a similar fashion when YCK took 2 early points from VD and WS. TPC put up an uninspiring performance and many like me thought the match would be over very soon.

However, the ensuing XD took a surprise turn when TPC asserted their superiority over YCK with good anticipation, speed and placements. YCK was completely flabbergasted and it was inevitable that they would lose.

So TPC won back a match to make it 1-2, still with a chance. ;)

YCK's MS Nigel (?) in black seemed very confident against TPC's long-haired Woo in the early rallies when the latter struggled to return Nigel's well-placed shots. It was to Woo's credit that he never gave up and chased everything that came back to him. He forced a rubber on Nigel and his tenacity soon cause Nigel's game to fall apart. :D

TPC supporters instantly became alive and rallied their last MD pair to do better.

It worked as TPC's young pair was too strong for YCK. It was incessant attacks on the YCK team which could only give token resistance with high returns for yet another smash from their opponents, Darren and Adrain.

TPC turned delirious shouting, clapping, smiling and rushing out to hug their heroes while Adrain was still lying on the court seemingly disbelieving that they had won the most crucial winning point for their team. :p

The finals should be another interesting match.

Attached Files: