Victor Super Waves 37

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Sealman, Jan 27, 2011.

1. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

looks like a 4u racket is ideal for me. I like it < 95g and BP <295mm with a medium or medium-stiff shaft.

2. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Could someone post the same things from the 3U version?

3. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

jump-smash wrote this earlier
    " SW37 TW 3U G2 total weight = 96.2 grams BP = 287 mm "

well I have a 4u on order. Hopefully my wet weight will be between 92-95 with BP at 290mm

4. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Thanks. I forgot that he has wroten a review about the 3U version. I've ordered the 4u version too. I hope It wasn't a wrong decision to get the 4U - actually I'm using Arcsaber10, which is 3U.

Interesting: 4U (todjo): 94g, 291mm BP
    3U (jump-smash): 96.2g, 287mm BP

Only 2g more? I'm asking myself if it's noticable or not. If not, then I would have been go for 3U. Would be interesting if someone got both versions. I hope 4U won't lack in smash power, because Super Waves serie is designed for Smash power, right? :)

5. zero_hour

zero_hour Regular Member

yes,it will feel different,...mine is 4u, wish i can try 3u version :(

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    if u want this racket for smash, better go 3u. 4u version will less u 2lbs of vertical string tension.

7. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

remember to post your wet weight and balance point. Shame that my balance can't do .xg

My racket will be stringed with a silver nbg 98 at 24lbs.

fingers crossed that I will like my new racket. :)

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The weight depends on the grip very much. A heavier grip (i.e. towel grip/one overgrip more/...) will increase the weight without making the racket slower or very different swing-wise. It's unusual for a 3U racket to end up below 97-98g with string and grip, must be a thin grip....I usually add towel grip on wood or one overgrip (depending on the grip size) and my lightest 3U racket weighs ~100g. It's the BS10 and it's still very quick ;) so don't worry too much about the wet weight - dry weight is much more indicative of the racket's characteristics as you'll usually have one setup for all your rackets.

9. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

I will use a 0.6mm overgrip only (over the original grip). Actually I'm not sure if the 4U is the right one or not:confused:
    My racket will be strung with VS850 at 22lbs - first try with a victor racket and victor strings.
    I don't finger-cross that I will like it, but I really really hope I do:)

10. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

well I have rackets that the wet weight. ( ie string + overgrip) 80g, 90g, 94g, 94g. So I am used to light rackets.

Since I mainly play with feather, to get the "pac" sound with lighter rackets. the timing and the "technique" needs to be a bit more correct in my opinion. However, since I have never been coached before, who knows if my technique is even remotely close to being correct anyway. So it is only my opinion.

VS850 is a good choice. very grippy stuff and has good power.

11. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

just received my new racket. nbg 98 + victor overgrip

92g, 290mm

12. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

4U? We're waiting for your review ;) My SW37 is still on its way. Superb fast and accurate service by Eric (squash mart). If it's genuine and if it arrives without any damage I could imagine to buy another SW37 in 3U :p

13. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    my sw37 is even balance... it's nice to control the direction of the shuttlecock using this racket... since im using 4U, this racket does not give enough power for smashing (but since i prefer to control the game), this racket suits me :) easy to handle.. i also would like to know any review on sw37 3U version.. :)

14. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

well I am just a recreational player and no smashing from me at the moment since my shoulder is sore from overuse or I did something stupid. (probably from whacking too many balls at a golf driving range)

In comparison to the following 2 rackets.

Sotx woven 8a, stiff, 670mm, 94g, 288mm (nbg95 @ 24lbs)
    wilson klite, medium, 675mm, 90g, 298mm (vs850 @ 24lbs)

my sw37 4u, 92g, 290mm (nbg98 @ 24lbs)

sw37 shaft flex is between my sotx and the wilson. sotx feels more direct because of the stiff shaft. Also, sotx's stiffer shaft allows me to do quick flick more easily.

Even though my sw37 is relatively light and even balance. It is quite easy for me to generate power for clears and drives using the sw37. Probably because I am used to playing with a slightly flexy shaft as well ( my wilson). Feels quite powerful for a balance and light racket. Maybe the e.titanium helps, ie the racket head is less likely to "twist", which in turn transfer more if the kinetic energy from the racket head via the strings to the shuttle.

As for which is easier to handle between my woven 8a and sw37.... I would say my sw37.

However, I would understand why some people will not like sw37. Especially the people who are used to playing with stiff to very stiff rackets. Their timing would be "off" and most likely they will not spend the time to get used to a medium/stiff shaft.

#274 ssgg007, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  15. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

Now that my arm is better. I try some smashing today.

My timing is definitely slightly off with my sw37 (4u) smashing. The racket is so fast compare with my other rackets. I kept on hitting the shuttle slightly too early, which causes the shuttle to tip, roll and then go no where. But on the rare chance that I got my timing right, the smash feels more powerful that my sotx woven 8.

I guess I will need a bit of time adjusting to the fast swing for smashes.

16. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

The first mpression with plastic shuttle was nice, but I'd like to post more after a "real session" - could take one or two weeks. (real session = feather shuttles and the "right" partner / enemy.)

Facts: 4U, G2 (way too small, this grip! Even with a 0.6mm overgrip it's still too small :( - I maybe have to buy 0.75mm overgrip by Karakal.)

And yes, it swings really fast - SW37 got the "aerodynamic* technology :p - and it really feels like this. Also I can notice the effortlessness in smashes - compared to Arcsaber10.

More is coming soon :)

P.S. I'm still considering about a second SW37. But in 3U Version. I really wonder how big the difference is :rolleyes:

17. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

not sure if you are already doing it or not. a 50% overlap on the overgrip will make it feel slightly thicker.

18. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Yeah, but it will feel not "flat" or not "even". And I prefer even and smooth (over)grips:p
    I don't like overlapped "hills" on the grip. I know, kinda nit-picking / narrow-minded:rolleyes: Thanks anyways for your tip.

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You can overlap it 100% - then it's perfectly even ;)

20. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member