Rexy cracks whip

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by george@chongwei, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Where's Rexy's whip?

Folks, if you were to look back, you'd see multiple tracks - all of them yours.
    You're going in ever widening circles here :cool:

We've argued linguistics, haute couture, ornithology, statistics and whatnot :p
    So, is anything new on its way? ;)

2. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

2008 ... signs are not looking good.

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

And there's another warning from the mods, so...

WC or OG from KKK/TBH - coming in future, at least one of it, now only one year partnership.

Accessories - Whether it's for feng shui or not KKK know better, I dont happen to think it's purely glamour, neither do I think it factors in game play or make his image more appealing(as some young female fans think).
    I do know of successfull ppl who really believe in that - we may think it's supersitious but they claim they got rich/successful from it :rolleyes:.

Denmark & rewards part- nahhh not sleepwalking, had some work to do.
    Yup, I know Denmark won before, the rewards part is what I wanted to check out. I asked what year(me go search later, now not free) - I said current althetics.
    And yes, Peter Gade complained before about lack of support compared to Asia countries, etc.

And I think your point is Denmark had lack & yet they won win OG gold, why Msia cannot with all the support (come to think of it, Spore also havent won).
    And yes, you think it's the mental weakness of the althetics & the lousy setup. Our past baddy players - could be wrong strategy, could be pressure, could be that Denmark player was really good in all aspects, skills, stamina, mental strength.

Other countries & rewards - Spore giving S$1 million(RM2.2 million), Indonesia 1 billion ruppiah(RM350K) for OG 2008 gold medalist.

Nicol - and also much critized for the 2 losses, like she lost thoroughout the year. Read the press reports - like world crumbling. You may think otherwise, up to you.

2008, bad sign or not, 8 more months to OG.

enuf said, the mods are watching, we supposed to talk abt Rexy cracking whip, wait get deleted some more.

#83 eaglehelang, Jan 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  4. olympic

olympic Regular Member

The Phrase of 2007-A Flash In The Pan

2008...supposed to be a good year ahead...but it could be better if without those unconstructive and unfair comments again.In 2007,this phrase most "impressed" me -"a flash in the pan".(has seen it many times in KKK-TBH's thread).Sounds sacarstic and demotivated huh? Yes,sacarstic but is it a fact yet?Wow...In just a short period of time,someone managed to "forsee" KKK-TBH are just "a flash in the pan"?Superb fortune teller! Hmmm...I like the saying:TIME WILL JUDGE.Beijing Olympic.

5. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Let time be the judge. I have said KKK/TBH are flash in the pan and will be more than happy to eat my words after Beijing. But are you willing to do likewise after your claims of "unconstructive and unfair comments"??

Beijing .... lets see then

6. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Am not going to go around with you in circles. My answers are in post #82 in bold.

Have a nice day.

7. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    wheres the follow up about the ori topic?
    rexy cracks whip.

8. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    kkk - flash in the pan.not a really good phrase.hope those who say this will eat their words.n apologised.

beijing will not be the best indicator to judge kkk as a shuttler.its not fair.let him played his best n support him all the way.thats the only role of supporters.n im one of them.

hope rexy's cracks whip will do something to improve his game this year.

9. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    we should never laughed about this.malaysians hold the same principle.respect each other.n if kkk believe those things,let him be.
    he wants to lift up spirit by doing that,what is so wrong?

i think u should apologised.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Even though I am not a MAS supporter, but, I do think that Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong have done a TREMENDOUS JOB last year!

Winning 4 Super Series titles (one of them is considered a major title, an All-England crown, which Taufik Hidayat craves even up to now) and 2 GP Gold titles are NO MEAN FEAT and you do have to give them credits for it!

Oh...when you talk about the major titles in Badminton, it's usually these four (or the Grand Slams of Badminton):
    1. Olympic Games Gold Medal
    2. World Championships
    3. Asian Games Individual Event Gold Medal
    4. All-England

Of these 4 titles, Koo/Tan have won 2 of them in just 1 year of partnership! If they actually can win the other two, they can even afford to retire early :cool: Let's face it, both are still VERY YOUNG (younger than Fu/Cai, Kido/Hendra) and they have plenty of time to achieve these 2 titles.

Fu/Cai might not even win the Asian Games Individual Gold (like Susi Susanti :cool:) if Cai Yun decides to retire after the Beijing Olympics (he will turn 28 next week).

#90 badMania, Jan 9, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  11. smashmouth

smashmouth Regular Member

banker
    In my humble opinion, as an objective third party observer, the Malaysian public is indeed overly critical of its badminton players. I was in KL for the WC and when LCW and KKK- TBH lost, the criticisms were all over the newspapers. I mentioned in one of my previous posts that when LCW performed well by winning the Macao and Japan Open (I think) last year, instead of giving him a pat on the back, all the press could say was something like "it made up for his humiliating defeat in the WC". I think the man deserves more than that, don't you think?

Pemuda, I don't know if you're Malaysian but judging by your posts, I think you are a typical Malaysian badminton fan. Right?

12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

From Pemuda:
    You have evaded my question pertaining to my following statement "You wanna be glamour, no problem. But ensure the results are delivered as well la. Win the major titles like WC or OG." Again, I put this simple question to you again, where is that WC or Olympic gold??

My answer:
    I am not defending Koo Kien Keat here, BUT, lets be fair to him...let me stress that he has won the All England and Asian Games Gold. Both are considered MAJOR TITLES TOO!

Koo Kien Keat will only be participating in his FIRST Olympics, so, we'll see how he fare with Tan Boon Heong in Beijing. I would think that 2012 will be a more realistic year for them to win the Gold Medal.

As for the World Championships, Koo Kien Keat has won a BRONZE in his first attempt with Chan Chong Ming and they lost to the more superior Candra Wijaya/Sigit Budiarto in 2005. Is this a credible achievement? I would think so! They failed in the WC 2006 because of unforeseen circumstances.

The only failure I think will be Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong's unexpected defeat to the Japanese pair in the QF last year. If they won that match, I would think that they will go on to win the title :cool:

Let's list the number of titles Koo Kien Keat has won so far:
    2007: 6 titles, including 4 Super Series (with Tan Boon Heong). Let me also emphasize that they won THE MOST TITLES out of the top MD pairs last year and are currently ranked no 1!

2006: 5 titles -- Swiss and Malaysia Opens + Commonwealth Games Mixed Team + Individual Golds (with Chan Chong Ming), and an Asian Games Individual Gold with (Tan Boon Heong).

2005: 2 titles -- Denmark Open, SEA Games Team Event (with Chan Chong Ming).

2004: 3 titles -- French and Chinese Taipei Opens (CT Open MD with Chan Chong Ming and XD with Wong Pei Tty).

Add the World Championships BRONZES in 2005 (with Chan Chong Ming) and 2006 (with Wong Pei Tty).

So, my conclusion is that Koo Kien Keat have DELIVERED the golds and titles as a Malaysian badminton player.

13. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Define typical Malaysian fan, please.

And since we are on the subject, what is a typical Danish, Chinese, Indonesian, Indian fan?

14. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Well typical Malaysian fan or not and what is Danish, Chinese etc fan, that is not important.

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Asian Games gold considered a major title in the same category as WC/Olympics??? Hmmm ... I dont think so, I am sorry.

Yes, KKK/TBH won AE. And they were superb then on their way to their AE title. But is winning one AE adequate?? If yes, then Hafiz is great too because the last time we won it was in 1966.

Am sorry as bronzes and silvers dont count much. Those are consolation prizes. Do you know who won the badminton men singles silver medal in the 96' Olympic games (without the need to search the net?) ?

Cant we not molly cuddle with the excuses like "they failed in last year WC because of unforeseen circumstances"?? When they win, you say they are great. When they did not win it is due to "unforeseen circumstances".

I agree with you totally Beijing will be the ultimate testing ground for KKK/TBH. If they win, great. I will be more than happy to take back what I said about them being flash in the pan. But I hope, we dont get the usual "unforeseen circumstances" should they fall flat in Beijing.

Beijing 2008 then ... ;)

16. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Compare with Hafiz... i think KKK/TBH has done much better. They won titles even after their ALL ENGLAND win, compared to Hafiz.. none after his all England Win.

17. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

After 03 AE great success, he won 05' Thai Open, 05 Swiss Open, 05 Dutch Open, 06 Phillippines Open ;)

18. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Hafiz do not wear any accessories as far as i concerned
    David Beckham attires and accessories is well known for the world. Does yhis meant he was just a "flash in the pan" too :rolleyes:
    don't judge a book by its cover.;)
    Olympic ? What so big deal :eek:
    If we take away the RM 1 million speculation which to be given by MAS government , a GOLD medal actually doesn't worth much in $$$
    If i were the player, i would rather win more SS titles which equal to more $$ in my own pockets ;)

19. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Hafiz cant even show up for training. ;)

David Beckham? How about with MU 6 PL titles, 2 FA Cups, 1 European Cup and with Real 1 league title?? And throw in 99 caps for England?

Well, if you think the Olympic gold is no big deal, I respect your opinion. Its a free world , dude.

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

To most badminton fans (even Chinese fans), YES, an Asian Games GOLD is considered a MAJOR TITLE!