Victor Thruster K6000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Shinichi, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    Guilty :D.........

2. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Remeasured my TK6000 4U: 42.2g head weight, and 95.1g total weight. I can't re-measure other rackets I listed since I returned them to their owners.

visor, for comparison, I remeasured my XP70 is 95.3g total weight with G11 grip and NS30 (0.70mm). Head weight is 41.3g and ~291mm bp. Which if I recall correctly is similar to the one you measured.

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    total weight 95.1g? quite heavy

4. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

I should have mentioned earlier that I had RKEP G09 grip on it and it's strung with NBG99, 4UG5. It's ~3-5g less than my normal 3Us, e.g. AT900T 3UG5 (NBG99, G09) is 98g and 43.7g head weight.

5. swunk

swunk Regular Member

Haha, now I have JJS too! Haven't played yet, but some first impressions: feels much head-lighter than my li-nings ) Definitely a bit head-lighter than BSLYD.
    Wet BP (strung with NS95 and with 0.6 overgrip) is 296mm.
    The racket is rather stiff, maybe a bit stiffer than BSLYD.
    Swings fast, feels quite good, should be excellent for my doubles game.

6. swunk

swunk Regular Member

dang, wrong topic ( so many of them and every one has a discussion about jjs )

7. disci

disci Regular Member

hmmm how does this racket compare to vt70?

sound like a similar racket with higher bp?

8. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
  9. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    Couldn't wait..

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah, that's a bit beasty. Too beasty for me. :eek:

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Assuming string weight is 3.4g and grip wt is 7g, then dry wt is 84.7g and dry head wt is 38.4g.

Not too beasty :)
    Same head wt as the 4U VT80 and VTZF that I used to have. Manageable for fast MD but requires strong shoulder and forearm.

12. tranqq

tranqq Regular Member

what's the best way to measure head weight?

13. visor

visor Regular Member

14. SibaSt

SibaSt Regular Member

It doesn't feel the same as vt70. I played a lot with the 2 (TK6K is my current, and I tried vt70 for 2 months), and you really shouldn't buy one because you liked the other^^
    The difference in BP is quite big, and the TK feels more repulsive/bouncy/lively/uncontrolable to me (don't know which word fits best, but you got the idea). I you are physically agressive and always try to put speed in the shuttle, you can try the TK. If you want to control the pace more, you will not like it at all.
    (as you can guess, I'm quite mad on the court, and I love it :)

15. disci

disci Regular Member

ahh thanks for the comparison.
    sounds like a very nice racket.
    based on that description, it actually reminds me of a slightly heavier voltric i force.

16. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

TK6000 review

Won't be as comprehensive as my usual reviews, but I think this one deserves more than the two paragraphs I gave it in the Victor thread.

TK6000
    VS850 @ 30 PS 304/85

Looks

I'm not a fan of this gloss yellow - I think it makes rackets look cheap (c.f. Adidas AZT). The more "egg yolk/honeycomb" yellow worked really well on the MX60, but this "pastel" yellow... thumbs down from me.

String pattern is terrible as well - miles of main poking out the top. OSP would have been fine.

Power

Strange one. The spec suggests it'll behave like a VT70... not even close. The VT70 was a soggy mess that needed a long, slow swing, but this one is tight and zippy. In all the dozens of rackets I've tried, I have to give this one the highest power/effort ratio of them all. If you need to get the shuttle out of the air with most angle as "cheaply" as possible, this is the one. It works everywhere - drives, clears, stick smash...

It doesn't gain very much power when I go for a full smash, but I don't think it's supposed to. Players who want real beef might find it lacking a tad.

Defence

A 304 shouldn't defend this well - I thought I was playing with a Nanospeed. It "resets" itself so quickly I found myself walking into smashes with it. Angles ahoy once again, but horizontal this time. If you need to block, the head stays where it is. No problem.

Control

In all honesty, I expected the head to be all over the place - this is a 5/3, after all. However, it feels "integrated", and I think this is because it's a 4U. Thrusters are really good with frame torque (rather, lack of it).

Feel

It needs a bright string, but it's no slouch. It did vibrate a bit at 30 PS, but it's a 4U after all.

Conclusion

It's not for me - too tall and too light - but that doesn't mean I can't recognize that it's good at what it's supposed to do. I don't think it's got enough meat for the real hard-hitters, but it's so damned easy to get angle and power out of this thing you can almost turn half your brain off and let your creative side out.

During one game yesterday I approached a loose drop shot at the net. I decided to play a spinner, but then I saw an opponent on his way in. I then showed a lift to the backhand corner... until I saw the other opponent favouring that side. Finally, I settled on an inside-out backhand drive, by which point the shuttle was nearly behind me... which ended up being a winner. Let that sink in: I managed to change my mind twice on the same shot, and still win the point off it.

As I said in my shorter review: options.

On a final note, I think it's such a shame that this thing is so low in the Thruster range, because it's going to be overlooked (especially given its looks). In all honesty, going just by the specs I would have walked right past it in the shop.

#76 Mark A, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  17. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Love these entertaining reviews. :D

18. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Mark

Interesting review. I agree with most of what you say, however that's where the individual taste element comes in. I really like the colour. Playability was way beyond what I expected and really opened up the possibilities. Granted it's not going to be the hardest hitter, but it's still a powerhouse and enough for me to give it the two thumbs up.

As you say, defence, net work, it's a dream.

For me, there's nothing I don't like about this racket and lots to rave about. In fact, you can read my review as it's just gone live.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

#78 paulstewart64, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  19. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Victor UK should be super happy with your guys, you're pimpin' it big time :p A lot of people will be curious about the TK6000 now.....myself included :eek:

A yellow grip should de-uglify it a bit.....

20. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

This is the difficulty in reviewing: evaluating the thing for what it is instead of what we want it to be. It's got to the point where I have to think not only "do I like this?" but also "would I like this were I the target audience?"

In the case of the TK6000, it was "yes", and "YES".

Let's see how a maniac's string job changes the equation... you might have to give it seven out of five.