Good Stores in Vancouver, B.C.

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Martin Ellis-White, Jul 16, 2001.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

Sorry, I'm looking to buy new.

Any reason why you prefer Topline over All-Court or Tad's?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Because they're new they're willing to deal.

3. Sgt_Strider

I'll go and pay them a visit tomorrow.

Thanks!

4. pechen

pechen Regular Member

Yes right now Topline is the best place to go. Tad's is not friendly anymore and All Court doesn't have the selection that Topline offers. In fact, i was in Topline today checking out the new arcsaber fb and arcsaber 11.

5. walker83

walker83 Regular Member

I agree, Topline is by far the best I have been to. Knowledgeable, friendly, decent prices. The people at Tad's are awful for customer service and All court is small.

6. xz_pointman

xz_pointman New Member

I just checked out All Court the other day, and I liked what they had. The store is smaller, but they had so many demos! If I'm no mistaken, the other ones don't have demo's? I talked to one of the stringers there, and they were saying their other store is much bigger and will carry the racquets that the Bad Van shop does too.
    I bought an n50ii with nbg99, and i feel their stringing is probably close to the best in Vancouver.

Anyone else been here?

7. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    All Court Stringing store at Bad Van is a broom closet. Their main store is an actually store on Nanaimo St and 1st Ave area. It carries tennis stuff too. But the selection of badminton rackets is the same or less than at Bad Van. I suspect the stringing to be top notch cuz that's what they've been doing for a long time.

Tad's has the most selection I've seen so far. Topline looks good but I haven't done business with them to give a good/bad comment.

8. Sgt_Strider

In terms of stringing, who does the "best" job. The last time I had a racket strung in Vancouver it was from Tad's. IIRC, it was Gary who strung my racket.

9. Sgt_Strider

10. matchless88

matchless88 Regular Member

Engineer
    i'd recommend against yumo.. after a very frustrating two weeks of dealing with them. I ordered two ArcSaber FBs from them along with another 200 dollars worth of accesories. Once we received the package, there was only one racquet. We called them, they blamed fedex, even though it doesn't make any sense that a courier would take only one racquet. I had a tournament to play that weekend, and so they said well dont do a paypal claim, we will get a refund from fedex but will take a week. Week goes by, still no word from them, finally we submit a paypal claim and thank god we did. No answers from them, we asked them just to send us a 2nd racquet and when fedex gives them the insurance money it'll all be good, instead they said we needed to pay for ANOTHER racquet and they MIGHT refund it to us. All in all, terrible customer service. i"d rather deal with MAX in Markham if i have to buy online. I've informed the local yonex rep of this too..!! (rant over)

11. KayakerSteve

KayakerSteve Regular Member

911 Dispatcher
    I agree, Linus has provided me and all I have recommended his store to with great service and competitive pricing.

12. Sgt_Strider

Any comment on Topline's racket stringing service?

13. KayakerSteve

KayakerSteve Regular Member

911 Dispatcher
    I string my own racquets, but while in Vancouver in October I purchased a racquet from him. He strung it while I browsed the store, I was also watching him string. Did a fine job, no problems with the way he strung and no problems with the strings.

I would trust Topline with my racquets.

Steve

14. Sgt_Strider

So I guess I shouldn't be scared if I were to get my racket strung at All Court Stringing then?

So over the past week, I have checked with Tads, All Court Stringing, and Topline about the prices for the Voltric 80 and ArcSaber FB. Surprisingly All Court Stringing was the one that gave me the lowest price. Given what was said, I expected Topline to give me the best price, but they're actually giving me the highest price. I'm inclined to give All Court Stringing a chance, but I'm not sure what their reputation is like. I'm still somewhat pissed off over my last stringing experience with Tad's and they do have a very good selection of rackets.

Anymore opinions on All Court Stringing?

15. visor

visor Regular Member

^^ Make sure you're comparing prices with stringing. And you can always try asking them to price match. But I believe FB is in hot demand right now, so they can easily sell to someone else.

16. CanucksDynasty

Tad has the cheapest stringjob at $10. $12 for same day. That's just labour - no string. Topline and All-Court charge $15 if I remember correctly.

17. walker83

walker83 Regular Member

I usually get my strings done at topline and they charge $10. One of my friends get his done at All-court says the stringer is pretty good, though I am not sure of the price.

18. Sgt_Strider

Yes, it's with strings. It sure doesn't sound like you've had any experience with ACS?

19. CanucksDynasty

I guess I need to pay topline and acs a visit. They are closer to my home than Tads, so that's a plus.

20. CanucksDynasty

Nice guys. They have a loyalty program/card. I bought powerballs to strengthen my wrists from them. Still haven't used it yet. :p. If you can bargin the prices, then that's good.