'Hafiz-titis’ proving hard to diagnose

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ixory, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ixory

ixory Regular Member

'Hafiz-titis’ proving hard to diagnose

K.M. Boopathy
    NST online

WE have to admit that we have been wrong.

Hafiz Hashim’s problems are not because he continues to train under Misbun Sidek .

Hafiz’ problems are self-caused going by Lee Chong Wei’s return to form.

Chong Wei’s decision to return to Misbun was greeted with incredulity as the national coach has his own way of doing things and many thought that Chong Wei would become another Hafiz.

But that is not the case as Misbun has brought out the hunger in Chong Wei once again and his Indonesia and Philippines Open titles are proof of that.
    He was unbeaten in the Sudirman Cup and a semi-finalist in the China Masters — where he stretched current World No 1 Lin Dan to three games.

So why is Hafiz still struggling? Misbun himself is puzzled as to why Hafiz continues to self destruct.

It has to boil down to Hafiz's lackadaisical attitude and his lack of hunger for success, contrary to Chong Wei's recent efforts to prove that he is on the right track to achieve more in his career.

The rise of back-up shuttler Chan Kwong Beng is another example of Misbun's ability as a coach.

The 18-year-old shuttler was deemed a non-starter on the international stage and this prompted Project 2010-2012 head coach Rashid Sidek to seek the help of Misbun to turn around Kwong Beng's career.

Kwong Beng showed marked improvement in less than three months and he has beaten five of the six players in Rashid's squad in satellite tournaments with Tan Chung Seang, the No 1 in the 2010-2012 project, the only to escape. Kwong Beng was ranked outside the top 400 in March but has improved to World No 174 and by virtue of advancing to the third round of the Philippines Open, where he lost to eventual runner-up Chen Hong China, he should improve further.

While Chong Wei, who once struggled against almost every top shuttler, has now reclaimed his reputation as a world class player and is among the three capable of winning the men's singles crown in the World Championships at Putra Stadium on Aug 13-19, Hafiz is destined to suffer another setback in the tournament.

Misbun has not left any stone unturned when it comes to Hafiz and even agreed to the player's wish to get married to long-time girlfriend Nazatul Shima Nadzari in June, hoping that it could turn him into a more serious competitor.

If Hafiz’s defeat to Russian Stanislav Pukhov in the Philippines Open is any indication, there is little others can do to help resurrect his career.

Only he can help himself.

On a brighter note, it is good to see men’s doubles Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong back in winning form as the Philippines Open title was their first in three months.

Credit must be paid to coach Rexy Mainaky for keeping them at home till they proved themselves in training again and, hopefully, the pair deliver in the World Championships as well.

new disease,beware...:p

#1 ixory, Jul 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  2. Blurry D

Blurry D Regular Member

Corporate Strategy
    Haha it had me with fits of laughter!!! Hafiz self destruct!!

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

4. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    I guess what it meant here is that Misbun agreed with Hafiz to get married in June, before the WC07 & OG08. Misbun could have suggested Hafiz to get married after WC07 or even OG08. It's just my opinion.:)

5. yannie

yannie Regular Member

I agree. In many sports athletes need coach's agreement of when to get married. Especially in Asia.

6. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

7. thiery

thiery Regular Member

the news article is very sarcastic...at least in my opinion. but to certain extent, what's written is very true. when one has self-destructed, the one one just getting better. yin & yang concept after all!!

8. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Thanks for clarifying...no wonder HH keeps his losing streak...he is just so darn tired...that is why!!! Hahaha!!:D

9. taufikk

taufikk Regular Member

I think his mind is no longer in badminton..perhaps during training just can't wait to get home:D newly weds ..:p

10. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hafiz need one turning point.He must face something that can brought him to to real world as a badminton player.to the real hafiz several years ago.I thought Shima can do the task but i was wrong.

So,I'll just hoping for a miracle one day.He's 25 now.Is 5 years enough for hafiz to have his glory moment again? I dont know

11. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    after marriage, HH would be even more tired :p lol

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Thats proved IN the recent TC CAMPAIGN:D:D

13. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hafiz should have more hunger in success since his wife is already 2 months pregnant.

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Maybe he already get what he wants in the rest of his life, his baby and his wife.:D

Dont forget he was the All England Champion once upon a time. And maybe he gets some hefty rewards.....