What's happened to Carlton?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by brennanlord, Mar 27, 2013.

1. schappell

schappell New Member

Just to correct colekwok Mike Ashley owns dunlop/slazenger and not wilson...

2. Thompson

Thompson Regular Member

Supervisor Pharmaceutical Industry
    I've used carlton before (Fireblade series) and after some Yonex, SOTX, Kason and Victor I am now back to Carlton (Powerblade Elite).

Great rackets for a great price. Sure you can find something better, but not for the price I got them for (they were on sale as "old collection" Think I paid like 50 euro a racket). I haven't tried out any of the "new and expensive" collection.

#22 Thompson, May 22, 2013
    Last edited: May 22, 2013
  3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    the powerblade is a great racket with their price. But the top range just too expensive here.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    vapour trail series, can't go wrong!!!!

5. reeshenry

reeshenry New Member

Retired
    Hi All, first post so go easy. What's the story on the Carlton Nanoblade Pro racquet as it's got a RRP of circa £160 and can be purchased for £22 in the uk from Racketworld? Are these any good or just cheap imports from the East? Thanks

6. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Honestly, I have no idea. All European Carlton rackets are made in China anyway. Saying that, you may get a nice surprise from them. I am still using some old Fireblade Tour which I got for around 30quids each, I think they are some very decent rackets for the money. Lots of advance players liked them when they played with it. For £29.99 online, you certainly can risk it.

7. reeshenry

reeshenry New Member

Retired
    Cheaper than Online price

I made an Offer of £22 and this was accepted and then noticed the deal for x 2 Nanoblade Pro + Net + 3 shuttles for £39.99 and they counter-offered my £30 with £37.99. have not yet Countered their Offer! Therefore the better deal is to buy the Set and get a Racquet for £19 Worth thinking about as one always needs TWO Racquets in your bag!

8. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I've never heard of the nanoblade pro. Just looking at the weight and picture it seems to be a low end racket but for the prices your talking about it may be worth a try.

9. reeshenry

reeshenry New Member

Retired
    Nanoblade Pro

Is this racquet made by Carlton and does it have a RRP of £160? Are Racquetworld pulling a fast One? Sure £20 is cheap and when golfers pay hundreds for Clubs and Fees, badminton is a cheap hobby. I want to know please if Racquetworld are to be trusted?

10. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Racquet world usually sells low to mid range rackets that are old models but yes you should be ok to trust them. I wouldn't believe the RRP, Carlton's most expensive rackets initially sell for around £150 but usually come down to less than £50 when being replaced.