Victor BR390 / BR290 Bags

Discussion in 'Badminton Bag' started by kwun, Jan 20, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    pics are here.

2M6Q7648.jpg 2M6Q7647.jpg 2M6Q7649.jpg 2M6Q7651.jpg 2M6Q7652.jpg 2M6Q7654.jpg 2M6Q7656.jpg 2M6Q7657.jpg 2M6Q7659.jpg

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    the Victor BR390 has 3 colors:

BR390-F - blue
    BR390-E - yellow
    BR390-D - red

to my eyes, the F/blue is the best looking followed closely by the E/red. i am not into the yellow color, esp when accented with black. i chose the blue for two reasons. i already have a red themed bag, and also the gold accent of the red bag shows up too much.

yes. badminton bag, like women's handbags, is as much about look as it is about functionality. suck it up. ;)

ok. so look aside, the BR390 is a 3 compartment bag of medium large size. it is larger than the Li-Ning AJBE032 but not as large as the Yonex 7829 . despite that, i think i can comfortably fit at least 21-24 rackets solely packing in just racket alone. it will be sufficient for everyone except the ones who see the need to bring their whole living room along to the gym every time.

the BR390 is a triple strap bag. on the underside are 2 backpack style straps which are super comfortable as the backside is flat and fits to the flat human back really well. being close together also means that the straps won't slip off the shoulders. for those who prefer a more traditional strap the 3rd strap runs across the middle of the top side allowing the BR390 to be carried in the more traditional one shoulder way.

a single handle at the top of the bag, centered in the middle of the bag means that it can be hand carried. another single handle at the end of the bag allowed it to be drag out of the back of the car or from the passenger seat.

the build quality of the bag is superb. there are many places that show exquisite attention to detail. the zippers are molded metal which are eye shaped with victor logo on it. the feel of those are just quality. the thermal padding is very thick which means it will be great for cold weather users. each compartment is marked with its intended use. the side compartment for racket, the middle compartment for clothing, and the other side compartment for shoes. which is kinda strange as there is a dedicated shoe compartment as well. i do prefer the end loaded shoes compartment of the Li-Ning bag as that gives a wider opening.

on one end there is a generous sized accessory compartment with extra internal compartments. the internal compartments are large enough to hold a wallet as well as a smartphone. a zippered mesh compartments will hold coins and other small items without then going all of the bag. a nice touch there.

another nice feature is the curved opening of the out main compartments, the curve forms a flap which allows for a wide opening for the handle to exit.

as mentioned, this is a medium large bag that is probably slightly less spacious than the largest of Yonex 3 compartment bags. i had reservation on the size as i usually prefer the largest of bags. but in the end, i was drawn in by the nice material, build quality and design. time will tell if i will be able to bear with this short comings.

i only acquired it yesterday, straight from the US distributor racketsupply.com . when i manage to spend more time with it in the courts, i will post more reviews.

3. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Great pics and review! Looking at Racket Supply's website I agree that the 390F looks the best by far. I especially love the purple interior and the metal zippers with rings to lock the compartments. My BR309 has the same lock rings but the zips are made of plastic, not as nice as these. The bag doesn't look that thick from the front, I guess it just packs its weight in well. Congrats on the new bag, sounds like a competition is brewing between you and your wife to see who can have the most bags.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    and here is one in action. too bad mine is not the Korean team customized version... ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    too busy with father's day stuff. i will do that after i feed my badminton addictions tonight.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
  8. Swiftlegend

Swiftlegend Regular Member

Student
    The interior of the blue bag is purple but what's the interior lining colour of the red one?

9. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Kwun, when you go out to play do you place your rackets in the bag with either those single-racket covers or cloth sleeves, or do you just put them in the bag like this? I'm worried that they'll cause paint chips or other damage when I put my rackets in without any sort of protection, I hate the clanging noise when they rattle around or when something presses against the bag..

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    life it too short to worry about small things like that.

well, for me at least, i do have 20 fewer years left on this planet than you. ;)

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    good question but i am afraid i don't have the answer...

hopefully not purple as purple + red definitely don't work.

12. amleto

amleto Regular Member

#32 amleto, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  13. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    Yes I believe they are the same bag - for some reason the european market do not adopt the same codes as in Asia - these bags are nice - I have one in stock and trying hard not to buy it for myself.

14. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Tis juz arrived @ M'sia market and manage to secure the blue one.
    As reviewed by Kwun ... the quality, finishing and attention to detail is superb.
    Love the cushioned strapes and overall build quality of the bag.
    The compartments do seem to be a bit narrow, pretty cramp if too many rackets chucked in :)
    Still initial impression is ... LOVING IT !!!

15. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Does anyone know a webshop in europe selling this bag?

16. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    I have one myself bro...It is totally unused...if anyone in Europe wants it...I dont mind shipping it overseas....Payment by PayPal...

17. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    anyone know where can i buy this BR390-F or BR309F in malaysia ? thanks

18. ben94

ben94 Regular Member

im using this bag now and all i can say is that i am LOVING IT! it is AWESOME! just the quality of the bag and finishing, its a wonderful purchase!

19. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Which one the 390 or 290?
    I'm looking for a shop in europe, too which sells the 390.

20. chizzms

chizzms Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    I would like to know how to fit a pair of shoes in this bag, im planning to buy one soonest. :)